You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Country

Section_31

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

If Labour have run that council then surely they are right to be pointing there ire at Labour instead of the Tories?

I know I blame Labour for the fuck up's they do in Liverpool, so why wouldn't people in the "Red Wall" areas blame Labour where their councils have run things.

As much as the Tories have made austerity cuts, Labour have failed to stand up for the people on a consistent basis in those areas where they have allowed themselves to fail their public.

Labour and their councils really need to own how they have contributed to this collasal fuck up.

I am not endorsing the Tories actions and behavoirs in any way, but when you have had a party run your town/city for x amount of years and it's been a solid decline for a number of years, then I don't blame people for being disillusioned, feeling ignored by Labour or even now feeling politically homeless.

I also, think labelling those, like the two fellas in the video as thick doesn't help the marraitve in any way either. They are the ones who have been impacted by all of this ,and are speaking from their own experiences and understanding of their world, which may not be as articulate as many on here or out in the real world, but it's their truth. And who are we to say they are wrong?

Instead of saying how dumbfounded by their voting we are or by slagging them or what they say in short interviews, maybe we should try and aid them to change their way of thinking. People in places like Hartlepool don't really show an interest in what's happening in Westminister, they are only interested in what's happening in their town, which is on or has been on a Labour watch.

Load of tosh. They are a pair of fucking idiots, as is anyone who ever marks a cross in a tory ballot box. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Is that sarcasm again?

No. I'm sick of everyone leaping to the defence of the tories all of a sudden. Regardless of the shambles Labour are in, these self serving greedy bastards have destroyed whole communities while lacing their own pockets. "we haven't even got any cells to put people in" Ok well read this and tell me it's Labours fault and not the Tories who have slashed funding for public services for years:

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/politics/labour-vows-reopen-police-cells-hartlepool-under-pledges-help-make-town-safer-3136457

ANYONE WHO VOTES TORY IS A TWAT 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Brownie said:

*shakes head*

And?  "Comments like this don't help the narrative" Oh hang on so when I see dog-shit man patting Johnson on the back and shouting "get em out" I'm not supposed to believe that the tories are gaining votes because of their brexit/immigration policy? I should just shut up and not say what I'm seeing or feeling? I'm shaking my head. Friday in the Starmer and Election thread was a dark day reading some of the utter turd people were spouting. My vote is worth the same as yours and if you're advocating the rights of a tory to vote tory then advocate the rights of me to have my opinion as well. 

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, A Red said:

Its the usual, "I dont like or understand why they do something so therefore they are all twats/racists/bigots/thick"

It isn't at all! They've blamed Labour for their cells being shut and used it as an excuse as to why they didn't vote for them. I posted an article that contradicts that from their own local paper. Do I need to apologise for questioning the motives of people voting in a party who have put us through austerity, lied daily about Brexit to get that pushed through, have a leader who is a bigot and a liar and steal taxpayers money for their own financial gain???? The twat who said the tories have enabled more food banks than Labour as a positive sums up the state of this fucking country. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, A Red said:

Its the usual, "I dont like or understand why they do something so therefore they are all twats/racists/bigots/thick"

TBF, when you're talking about two people who blamed the lack of a functioning hospital, the lack of a courthouse, and a shortage of police on the local Labour MP rather than the Tory government who's policies directly bought about these situations, it's hard not to conclude that they are indeed thick, at the very least.

And to say, as Skidfingers seems to, that it's fair they're voting Tory because of what they see as a failure on the part of Labour to fight these cuts, well, it might be fair to be disillusioned with Labour on a local level, but to vote Tory as a result, the party who's cuts they think Labour didn't fight hard enough against? Really?

20 minutes ago, Numero said:

They doesn’t preclude them from actually being any of those things though. dog-shit man was clean a number of those things. 

He wasn't cleaning up the dog shit though, was he?

Be the lack of dog shit you want to see.

Or something.

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

He wasn't cleaning up the dog shit though, was he?

Be the lack of dog shit you want to see.

Or something.

He was complaining that nobody is cleaning up the dog-shit. But then his mask slipped when he shouted "get em out" 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

He was complaining that nobody is cleaning up the dog-shit. But then his mask slipped when he shouted "get em out" 

I think it can be reasonably concluded that dog shit man is an imbecile but imbeciles exist and it's the left's job to ensure they stop voting Tory. 

Maybe 30 years ago he enjoyed life more. Had more money, enjoyed the community he lived in more. Economic and social issues almost certainly haven't been addressed where he lives. That isn't his fault. 

It's easy to get people like dog shit man to vote Tory because the left, or parties pretending to represent the left, have offered fuck all to these people. Reversing that isn't easy.

Imagine if the left had the same media pull as the right and could basically just lie daily with meaningless soundbites. "Bankers are forcing dogs to shit on your face!" 

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I think it can be reasonably concluded that dog shit man is an imbecile but imbeciles exist and it's the left's job to ensure they stop voting Tory. 

Maybe 30 years ago he enjoyed life more. Had more money, enjoyed the community he lived in more. Economic and social issues almost certainly haven't been addressed where he lives. That isn't his fault. 

It's easy to get people like dog shit man to vote Tory because the left, or parties pretending to represent the left, have offered fuck all to these people. Reversing that isn't easy.

Imagine if the left had the same media pull as the right and could basically just lie daily with meaningless soundbites. "Bankers are forcing dogs to shit on your face!" 

This is exactly what I was getting at. The best way to look at this is to think long and hard about how it's happened, and what you can do to reverse it.

Instead, Labour seems to be wanting to peddle to these people.

7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

He shouted "get em out" at the end of the clip. It doesn't take a genius to workout what drives his vote. The Tories know this, Brexit was the perfect strategy to secure long term votes and the timing whilst ISIS were waging war across Europe couldn't have been better. Brexit is secured now, hence why we don't see daily news updates about migrants crossing the channel. It's a Tory manipulation and the media are their puppet so that people like dog-shit man who are clearly gullible will get out and vote blue. It obviously doesn't account for all Tory voters and some may see genuine benefits to their communities by voting Tory and thats fine but the clip above of those two fellas in Hartlepool illustrated perfectly how they have been fed a lie and run with it. 

Brownie is spot on that the issue needs to be addressed at the source and calling them thick twats isn't going to change things but you have to understand the frustration when you see and hear these wankers given a platform on the BBC to chat complete and utter bollocks. 

49 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It isn't at all! They've blamed Labour for their cells being shut and used it as an excuse as to why they didn't vote for them. I posted an article that contradicts that from their own local paper. Do I need to apologise for questioning the motives of people voting in a party who have put us through austerity, lied daily about Brexit to get that pushed through, have a leader who is a bigot and a liar and steal taxpayers money for their own financial gain???? The twat who said the tories have enabled more food banks than Labour as a positive sums up the state of this fucking country. 

It is. You went from "a pair of fucking idiots" to "as is everyone who marks a X in a tory ballot box"

Do you not see this? You have a particular history for it.

How do you know these 2 arent cleverer than you, better educated, more rounded, caring, more successful, happier? You dont, you're just making a sweeping generalisation. They might be wrong but perhaps its because no-one has explained it, thats the responsibility of the other parties. Of course they might just be fucking idiots, but all of them?

I'll give a (boring) analogy. I used to work in sales selling software solutions. When I didnt make a sale I would be asked, "why did they go elsewhere?" saying "cos they're stupid" when it becomes clear I didnt actually explain our solution properly, makes me the one in the wrong and stupid.

6 minutes ago, A Red said:

It is. You went from "a pair of fucking idiots" to "as is everyone who marks a X in a tory ballot box"

Do you not see this? You have a particular history for it.

How do you know these 2 arent cleverer than you, better educated, more rounded, caring, more successful, happier? You dont, you're just making a sweeping generalisation. They might be wrong but perhaps its because no-one has explained it, thats the responsibility of the other parties. Of course they might just be fucking idiots, but all of them?

I'll give a (boring) analogy. I used to work in sales selling software solutions. When I didnt make a sale I would be asked, "why did they go elsewhere?" saying "cos they're stupid" when it becomes clear I didnt actually explain our solution properly, makes me the one in the wrong and stupid.

Are you ignoring me fact checking them after calling them idiots? How anyone in the right mind can vote for these corrupt bastards is beyond me. I happen to see through the media lies because I go and find things out like most on here, unfortunately as they both proved not everybody does think for themselves instead they follow a narrative.  If I'm wrong then fine but that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. You don't have any idea what I do or how I support anything away from making 'sweeping comments' on a football forum populated by mainly Labour voters.

Oh and use some fucking apostrophes you mad bastard. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Are you ignoring me fact checking them after calling them idiots? How anyone in the right mind can vote for these corrupt bastards is beyond me. I happen to see through the media lies because I go and find things out like most on here, unfortunately as they both proved not everybody does think for themselves instead they follow a narrative.  If I'm wrong then fine but that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. You don't have any idea what I do or how I support anything away from making 'sweeping comments' on a football forum populated by mainly Labour voters.

Oh and use some fucking apostrophes you mad bastard. 

You're missing the point. They might be idiots and wrong but you then went on to say everyone who votes tory is.

I hope that Labour, right or left, has a different attitude to it all than you.