You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Country

Section_31

We are very close to the yellow part of that map. It needs pushing down a bit further.

Maybe the SNP can have an English branch?

I've been saying for years they should give the south of England their independence from the rest of us.

What we need is a serial killer who goes around killing Tory MP's by cutting bits off them or killing them online by demonstrating their own policies. We could call him The Austerity Killer. The killer who has to make cuts.

For instance, IDS is trapped in a two-bedroom cell. He has to live in one bedroom with a dwindling food supply, and in the second bedroom, protected by an electric field is a food stash. If he tries to enter the second room he gets electrocuted to death. But if he pays the spare bedroom tax by cutting off a body part, he gets to replenish his food supply for a week from the second bedroom. 

Food bank and bedroom tax in one. Of course it'll be interesting to see how many body parts he can cut off before he dies. All of it broadcast online.

Actually, I think I'm beginning to warm to this theme.....

• Upvote 6

Guest Numero Veinticinco

What we need is a serial killer who goes around killing Tory MP's by cutting bits off them or killing them online by demonstrating their own policies. We could call him The Austerity Killer. The killer who has to make cuts.

For instance, IDS is trapped in a two-bedroom cell. He has to live in one bedroom with a dwindling food supply, and in the second bedroom, protected by an electric field is a food stash. If he tries to enter the second room he gets electrocuted to death. But if he pays the spare bedroom tax by cutting off a body part, he gets to replenish his food supply for a week from the second bedroom. 

Food bank and bedroom tax in one. Of course it'll be interesting to see how many body parts he can cut off before he dies. All of it broadcast online.

I've been in contact with Dennis Waterman and he'd be interested in singing the theme tune.

I am completely surrounded by blue in the home counties and have been since the previous election. Totally depressing. On my FB timeline though the promotion of parties from most to least was: Labour, Green Party, SNP, Tory, UKIP no one admitting to voting LibDem. Not many admit to being Tory voters here, but a huge amount of people I know must do. So called "Shy Conservatives". At least they have the decency to be ashamed of it.

Sounds like a 50 degree day to me.

http://youtu.be/7ttbQTz8tAE

• Upvote 1

I've been saying for years they should give the south of England their independence from the rest of us.

I agree.

Me and the future Mrs McGonical were talking about the proposed cap on benefits that this Tory government are proposing to put in place. It then dawned on us that potentially the majority benefits will go to London for housing benefit for those ridiculous rent prices. Rent prices down there are mind bogglingly crazy that even people who are working are unable to pay without struggling.

I can’t help but see this as a plan to rid these families in London out of those big houses and let the developers in to turn a 5 bed house into 5 flats and sell each flat for £500,000. And then stick those they have moved out into squalid places for much cheaper. Instead of building the social housing required they will look to place the poor into even more destitute times.

There is a feeling of massive divide again and to me it has a vibe of the 80’s about it. The bile and vitriol I have had aimed at me for my political stance or beliefs on Facebook is unreal. People who I always knew had a different stance but always got on with. .

I am completely surrounded by blue in the home counties and have been since the previous election. Totally depressing. On my FB timeline though the promotion of parties from most to least was: Labour, Green Party, SNP, Tory, UKIP no one admitting to voting LibDem. Not many admit to being Tory voters here, but a huge amount of people I know must do. So called "Shy Conservatives". At least they have the decency to be ashamed of it.

If it's anything like my Facebook it'll be all the people that generally aren't engaged with politics. The ones "woken up" by Rupert in the last few weeks to vote Tory. You can tell because if you have a conversation with them about politics they've switched from looking blank or celebrating their ignorance in response (usually with a moronic laugh), to looking very serious, and more than a little proud of themselves, and regurgitating some absolute shite they've read in one of the right wing papers.

It needs more people to question these Tory voters, to get them interested enough to question themselves.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/11/boris-johnson-cabinet-zero-hours-contract-david-cameron#comment-52021630

Cabinet post is a zero-hours contract, not a job, says Boris Johnson

New MP for Uxbridge insists being part of David Cameron’s political cabinet will not interfere with his main role as mayor of London

Boris Johnson has wryly compared his new position in David Cameron’s political cabinet to a zero-hours contract as he insisted that it would not interfere with his primary job as mayor of London.

After being appointed on Monday as the first London mayor to serve simultaneously in the cabinet since the role was created in 2000, he claimed that he could also cope with his other jobs as newly elected MP for Uxbridge and South Ruislip and a newspaper columnist.

Johnson’s reference to a zero-hours contract may be seen by some as a joke in bad taste.

Ed Miliband, Labour’s fallen leader, said he would end the controversial agreements which give no guaranteed hours. Many such deals mean staff receive no sick pay or holiday pay but are required to ask permission before working elsewhere.

Asked about his appointment to the political cabinet, Johnson said: “It is a zero-hours contract. It is definitely not a job. I have accepted a role that Miliband wanted to ban.”

Johnson will simultaneously receive his MP’s salary of £67,060 and his mayoral pay of £143,911, as well as a six-figure Daily Telegraph salary.

Cameron said Johnson would focus on his job as mayor, as promised before the general election, but would attend the Tories’ political cabinet, often held at Chequers, where the prime minister sets the political agenda without civil servants.

Commentators have predicted that Johnson will be given a full government post when his term at City Hall ends next year.

Johnson, perching on his bike in New Palace Yard outside the Houses of Parliament, also joked that his last-minute appeal to Blairite Guardian readers to back the Tories the day before the polls opened may have swung the election. “It was the Guardian what won it,” he said.

Machine guns.

• Upvote 1