You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Country

Section_31

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

How long ago was that? I’ve got a similar tale to that from when I was temporarily disabled a few years ago but I spoke to someone from the Job Centre last week who thinks things have changed for the better recently and she advised me to claim again, even though I’m totally fine most of the time, relapsing remitting MS.

I’ve been mulling it over since I spoke to her, because I’m not sure I want to do that medical again now that my main (and pretty much only) symptom is chronic fatigue when I over exert myself. It was humiliating enough the first time when they were sneering and judging like a courtroom. I was virtually paralysed down one side and got 1 point. 

This was January when she got the decision mate, the assessment was done in November or December. As I say, it was the zero points that got to me!

I don't know how she copes, she's had the symptoms on and off since she was 20, but the last 5 years she's worsened. It has plateaued lately, but it's plateaued at a point where she's in almost constant pain.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

This was January when she got the decision mate, the assessment was done in November or December. As I say, it was the zero points that got to me!

I don't know how she copes, she's had the symptoms on and off since she was 20, but the last 5 years she's worsened. It has plateaued lately, but it's plateaued at a point where she's in almost constant pain.

Sounds awful, that. Bet you feel helpless as well.

The woman I spoke to must have been chatting rubbish. That’s made my mind up. Cheers. 

3 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

My wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia and Hypermobile Joint syndrome. She's not 40 yet and has to use a stick to walk around, she struggles to drive (even an automatic) and is in constant pain, she gets 2-3 hours sleep most nights.

She was advised to apply for PIP. Her application got rejected. It's not the rejection that gets me, it's that in the opinion of the lovely DWP, she wasn't worth a single point on the assessment, she scored zero.

Now I'm sorry, but that's fucked up, how fucking disabled do you have to be to qualify for PIP.

That sounds very wrong to me.

There is help available with forms etc as Kepler-186 says so it's worth ringing them for advice.

A lot of these decisions get overturned on appeal, but in cases such as your wife's it shouldn't be necessary and it beggars belief it is.

Good luck to her.

13 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

That sounds very wrong to me.

There is help available with forms etc as Kepler-186 says so it's worth ringing them for advice.

A lot of these decisions get overturned on appeal, but in cases such as your wife's it shouldn't be necessary and it beggars belief it is.

Good luck to her.

Cheers, I've heard similar stories from other people who've tried to get it too. I can accept them turning her down, but the zero points looks to me like they're saying there's fuck all wrong with her and she's putting it on. It's insulting.

So here we are, a post-covid Britain from Thursday.  

Now, setting aside Covid, and that's not easy, what other issues do normal people face? 

Rising energy prices

Rising council tax by 2.99% each year

Rising police precept each year

Rising national insurance 

Inflation

Rising house prices 

All while wages remain stagnant, with the BoE telling people not to be 'greedy'...

But that's ok, because the plans for the economy are so strong.  Wait, is there a plan? 

Let me guess. Is the plan going to be more austerity? It is, isn't it. Under the mantra of 'paying back Covid'.  I'm going to have to pay for businesses who were given billions, even though I worked the entire Covid period, my reward will be my money meaning less than ever before.  

I can't remember the last time these cunts had a bright idea.  One of the MP's in the HoC today stood up, no joke, and asked the PM to "pledge that we would have no more lockdowns for the next decade". 

That's the level of IQ it takes to get a Tory seat. 

The PM today also took the opportunity to praise the private sector, seemingly above the public sector, because "they invested in the vaccines".  

Whoa there.  Big pharma invested in these things having negotiated with governments to buy them irrespective of if they worked.  Yes sure, the private sector are amazing if the government buys all their shit. Great.  Fuck off with this shit and talk some clever shit, something to adjust this course that millions of us are on, because he's not taking this seriously. 

War is the least of my concerns. 

Along with immigration, Britishness, the metric system, the BBC, wokeness, and HS2, or a new Heathrow runway. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

So here we are, a post-covid Britain from Thursday.  

Now, setting aside Covid, and that's not easy, what other issues do normal people face? 

Rising energy prices

Rising council tax by 2.99% each year

Rising police precept each year

Rising national insurance 

Inflation

Rising house prices 

All while wages remain stagnant, with the BoE telling people not to be 'greedy'...

But that's ok, because the plans for the economy are so strong.  Wait, is there a plan? 

Let me guess. Is the plan going to be more austerity? It is, isn't it. Under the mantra of 'paying back Covid'.  I'm going to have to pay for businesses who were given billions, even though I worked the entire Covid period, my reward will be my money meaning less than ever before.  

I can't remember the last time these cunts had a bright idea.  One of the MP's in the HoC today stood up, no joke, and asked the PM to "pledge that we would have no more lockdowns for the next decade". 

That's the level of IQ it takes to get a Tory seat. 

The PM today also took the opportunity to praise the private sector, seemingly above the public sector, because "they invested in the vaccines".  

Whoa there.  Big pharma invested in these things having negotiated with governments to buy them irrespective of if they worked.  Yes sure, the private sector are amazing if the government buys all their shit. Great.  Fuck off with this shit and talk some clever shit, something to adjust this course that millions of us are on, because he's not taking this seriously. 

War is the least of my concerns. 

Along with immigration, Britishness, the metric system, the BBC, wokeness, and HS2, or a new Heathrow runway. 

I think the bog difference is,the next few year years are going to affect a lot more more people ,than those at the bottom.Risiing fuel, leccy and food prices are going to affect everyone.

As for the private sector, it went under the radar a bit the other week,but when they talked about adresimg the NHS backlog the other week,they said the private sector will play a much bigger part.

6 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I think the bog difference is,the next few year years are going to affect a lot more more people ,than those at the bottom.Risiing fuel, leccy and food prices are going to affect everyone.

As for the private sector, it went under the radar a bit the other week,but when they talked about adresimg the NHS backlog the other week,they said the private sector will play a much bigger part.

Classic Tory country mistake to assume private healthcare is the answer.  

Do we look flush with spare cash to pay for that? 

And private healthcare is a scam.  They are exactly optimised to make you better but not cure you.  You are a walking, talking income stream for life who they WANT to return time after time.  Unlike free healthcare optimisation, where the less they see of you the better. 

I don't want to be seen by a doctor who is making money off me not getting cured or not feeling much better.  Fuck knows what Hippocratic Oath interpretation covers their approach. 

But hey, the system is broken, the whole thing is fucked.  I look around and see old people sat in homes 'worth' half a million.  Many of them worked unskilled or very mundane ordinary jobs to achieve this.  Truly unremarkable people sat in remarkable assets.  Half empty houses.  Communities dying around them as everyone stays in their own lane and the young or poor are labelled as lazy.  But suddenly the corner shop disappears.  Then a year later goes the cafe.  Then the butcher's.  The pub goes. 

I'm not particularly averse to some sort of private healthcare as long as the insurance is State backed to ensure universal coverage and only those who can afford to pay for it, pay. We always seem to think the US system is the only non NHS system,  but there's plenty of countries who manage to make it work, like Germany. The Italian system supposedly shits all over ours too by all accounts, at least that's what they were saying in the early stages of the pandemic. 

Obviously I'd never trust the cunts that run the country to pull off anything approaching a sensible and fair system. 

One of the problems I find with the NHS is that it's been built up to such an extent to be the people's baby that you're made to feel guilty using it and  that you're generally a pain in the arse for doing so.

Likewise, the fact it's free at the point of use means A&Es especially are clogged up with every type of bellwhiff with cuts and bruises obtained on a night out and whatnot. So much so that by the time you do actually see a quack in casualty they've got the general demeanour of a Viet Nam vet and you're an otherwise innocent, Oriental delivery driver with an overly loud knock. 

First thing I've consistently thought when I've been injured or gotten ill and required hospital treatment isn't 'oh no I'm ill', it's been 'oh no, I've got to go to the Royal - what a shithole'. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'm not particularly averse to some sort of private healthcare as long as the insurance is State backed to ensure universal coverage and only those who can afford to pay for it, pay. 

Typical one nation Tory cunt. You’ll be going to dinner at Willard’s gaff next.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I'm not particularly averse to some sort of private healthcare as long as the insurance is State backed to ensure universal coverage and only those who can afford to pay for it, pay. We always seem to think the US system is the only non NHS system,  but there's plenty of countries who manage to make it work, like Germany. The Italian system supposedly shits all over ours too by all accounts, at least that's what they were saying in the early stages of the pandemic. 

Obviously I'd never trust the cunts that run the country to pull off anything approaching a sensible and fair system. 

One of the problems I find with the NHS is that it's been built up to such an extent to be the people's baby that you're made to feel guilty using it and  that you're generally a pain in the arse for doing so.

Likewise, the fact it's free at the point of use means A&Es especially are clogged up with every type of bellwhiff with cuts and bruises obtained on a night out and whatnot. So much so that by the time you do actually see a quack in casualty they've got the general demeanour of a Viet Nam vet and you're an otherwise innocent, Oriental delivery driver with an overly loud knock. 

First thing I've consistently thought when I've been injured or gotten ill and required hospital treatment isn't 'oh no I'm ill', it's been 'oh no, I've got to go to the Royal - what a shithole'. 

The last time I went the Royal was when my Nan broke her hip in about 1982. You could smell shit as soon as you went through the main entrance, it was filthy and that was then. I can't imagine what it's like now, nor would I want to.

Just now, Harry's Lad said:

The last time I went the Royal was when my Nan broke her hip in about 1982. You could smell shit as soon as you went through the main entrance, it was filthy and that was then. I can't imagine what it's like now, nor would I want to.

I was in a couple of years back. Was in A&E with sepsis and some mentalist was trying to open the cubicle I was in while I was being seen to. Hand to hang around for about four hours, got an op, then put in the post surgical ward where there was another mentalist causing a racket, who was eventually kicked out. They stuck me on a ward with four blokes who'd all had stoma bags fitted, one kept crying, another was in a room on his own because he had some kind of super arse bacteria that could make people ill except him, he invited me to 'stand at the door' and watch the match on his tablet, I declined.

There was electrical tape over the windows, then they moved me to another ward which did - genuinely - stink of shit,  to the point where I had to sleep with the sheets over my face. They discharged me the next day and I had to sit around in a room, and that mentalist (who'd been kicked out and seemingly readmitted) turned up, so I fucked off down to wait in Costa instead, where I sat for six hours because  they'd lost my forms.

It wasn't pleasant, in all honesty. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/02/2022 at 00:22, Creator Supreme said:

Cheers, I've heard similar stories from other people who've tried to get it too. I can accept them turning her down, but the zero points looks to me like they're saying there's fuck all wrong with her and she's putting it on. It's insulting.

My late brother had two strokes , the second a major one and the cunts still made him jump through hoops and told him he was fit for work though the absolutely wasn't. He couldn't walk more than a hundred yards and his speech was seriously impaired.

You're up against some seriously fucked up callous cunts if you dare to fall sick in the UK.

21 minutes ago, elvis said:

My late brother had two strokes , the second a major one and the cunts still made him jump through hoops and told him he was fit for work though the absolutely wasn't. He couldn't walk more than a hundred yards and his speech was seriously impaired.

You're up against some seriously fucked up callous cunts if you dare to fall sick in the UK.

Labour opened the WCA door (thanks Yvette) with outside assessors. The Tories, quite naturally, walked through it.

Right-wing Twitter working hard to suggest the pensioner riding the bus is a Labour activist and retired company director living in a £650k flat, who volunteers for Age UK. Not helped by Age UK deleting her profile from their webpage. Please tell me GMB did their background checks.

• 2 weeks later...

If they can change, and we can change, then everybody can change!

Australia’s rightwing Coalition government has lost power after nearly a decade in office, with Saturday’s election showing a sharp shift to progressive parties that will see a Labor administration formed – possibly with the support of climate-focussed independents or Greens.