You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Country

Section_31

56 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Also, I want to mention that if it was Corbyn or one of his allies, I think the right and centre right on here would have posted it as evidence of hatred and antisemitism before any of the left on here woke up. It's nice to see most of the left-leaning posters on here have acted consistently. 

More mythologising, with bonus right-wingers dig at centrists. Great stuff.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

More mythologising, with bonus right-wingers dig at centrists. Great stuff.

No, I'm saying what I think would happen and who I think would do it, based off of about a decade of reading it happen on this site. Hardly mythology. More like obvious and common sense. 

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

No, I'm saying what I think would happen and who I think would do it and I do so based off of about a decade of reading. Hardly mythology. 

Actually it is mythology, because almost nothing has been posted about Corbyn and fellow travellers in recent months. Nobody brought up his misattributing a quote to Gandhi yesterday. Nobody mentioned his staggeringly hypocritical comments the other day about whistleblowers. Nobody mentioned the no confidence motion against Louise Ellman on Yom Kippur. Nobody mentioned Diane Abbott and Lisa Nandy at a Labour conference event alongside notorious antisemite Kamel Hawwash. Nobody brought up the Tory conference banner tweeted by Momentum stating "130,000 killed under Tory rule - time to level the playing field". Nobody mentioned Sam Gorst calling the queen a bitch and saying he hoped she died soon. And these are only some of the stories from the past week.

So what you "think would happen" has demonstrably not happened.

• Downvote 1

Yep, of course that's what it is. Not you asserting that certain people would most certainly have done something, when the facts show that they most certainly did not do it, despite dozens of opportunities. No sirree. 

The funniest thing is, you don't even need to go that far to find examples of the flimsiest of premises being used to level specious attacks against politicians. Just venture into the Lib Dems thread.

It's nice to see that we've finally got around to criticising the recent incidents of Tory antisemitism. 

Oh. My bad. We're actually talking about alleged Labour antisemitism. In the Tory thread. 

It's almost as if it's more about criticising Labour than actually being arsed about antisemitism. 

Quite sickening, really. 

• Upvote 3

https://newsthump.com/2019/10/03/anti-free-movement-priti-patel-suffers-whiplash-from-pulling-ladder-up-too-fast/?fbclid=IwAR0gCq06CncmIa5pRtfcEmpvBoBV_jXURgaHKa1xnmylWZ5uHQ4Rr3BQHQQ

Anti-free-movement Priti Patel suffers whiplash from pulling ladder up too fast

Priti Patel is in hospital having pulled the ladder up behind her a bit too quickly.

The Home Secretary is recovering in hospital after declaring that she would end free movement of people and restrict the abilities of certain immigrants to settle in the UK.

Patel is the child of immigrants herself, her parents having moved to Britain from Uganda in the 1960s, so she’s alright, jack.

“But sod the rest of you,” confirmed a Tory party spokesperson.

“We are all very proud of Priti. Enjoying privileges and opportunities before ripping them away from those coming up behind you is what being a Conservative is all about.

“Shame to say she yanked the ladder up a bit too hard, but she’s recovering nicely and smiling that seemingly innocent smile which hides a soul that voted against same-sex marriage and voted to bring back the death penalty.”

“Really could have used that ladder” sighed a mournful Simonski Williams, a Polish immigrant.

“By “ladder” I mean the free movement of people. It’s what you English call a “metaphor” and what we Polish also call a “metaphor” except we say it in Polish.”

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

https://newsthump.com/2019/10/03/anti-free-movement-priti-patel-suffers-whiplash-from-pulling-ladder-up-too-fast/?fbclid=IwAR0gCq06CncmIa5pRtfcEmpvBoBV_jXURgaHKa1xnmylWZ5uHQ4Rr3BQHQQ

Anti-free-movement Priti Patel suffers whiplash from pulling ladder up too fast

Priti Patel is in hospital having pulled the ladder up behind her a bit too quickly.

The Home Secretary is recovering in hospital after declaring that she would end free movement of people and restrict the abilities of certain immigrants to settle in the UK.

Patel is the child of immigrants herself, her parents having moved to Britain from Uganda in the 1960s, so she’s alright, jack.

“But sod the rest of you,” confirmed a Tory party spokesperson.

“We are all very proud of Priti. Enjoying privileges and opportunities before ripping them away from those coming up behind you is what being a Conservative is all about.

“Shame to say she yanked the ladder up a bit too hard, but she’s recovering nicely and smiling that seemingly innocent smile which hides a soul that voted against same-sex marriage and voted to bring back the death penalty.”

“Really could have used that ladder” sighed a mournful Simonski Williams, a Polish immigrant.

“By “ladder” I mean the free movement of people. It’s what you English call a “metaphor” and what we Polish also call a “metaphor” except we say it in Polish.”

Patel is fucking useless and nasty. Taking a benefit then denying it to others.

Corbyn benefiting from a private education then denying it to others is something completely different, I shouldnt have mentioned it really

• Downvote 1

While I’m not a fan of the Labour policy it’s a bit of a false equivalence you’re pedalling. As far as I’m aware Labour isn’t seeking to deny those who might have wanted to attend private school an education full stop, and I’m sure many would simply avail themselves of private paying establishments abroad in Europe and the US.

39 minutes ago, Anubis said:

While I’m not a fan of the Labour policy it’s a bit of a false equivalence you’re pedalling. As far as I’m aware Labour isn’t seeking to deny those who might have wanted to attend private school an education full stop, and I’m sure many would simply avail themselves of private paying establishments abroad in Europe and the US.

I think it is pretty much the same, Corbyn had a private education in this country, down the road from where he lived in fact, and wants to deny this opportunity to others. I take your point that people could still send their kids abroad, if they could afford it, so its not an outright denial.

• Downvote 1

16 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Don't do it, NV, it's a trap!

Yeah, I won't. There's no point. People who have read these people posting know what's up, they don't need any convincing, and those I'm talking about won't listen to sensible arguments no matter what. I still to my previous statement that I think they'd have been like a rabbit up a drainpipe if Corbyn had said it, just as they have every single time Corbyn says something that can be twisted into anti-semitism. No amount of 'yeah, but I didn't mentioned something about his Ghandi quote' stuff changes what has been done and said in these threads. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, A Red said:

I think it is pretty much the same, Corbyn had a private education in this country, down the road from where he lived in fact, and wants to deny this opportunity to others. I take your point that people could still send their kids abroad, if they could afford it, so its not an outright denial.

Well it’s not an outright denial because they’ll still be educated, no matter what. They are not being denied an education, merely a venue. And there would be more options than abroad, such as home schooling with tutors.

As I say, as a Labour member I’m not particularly thrilled with the proposal and feel there were better options, but I don’t think it’s the same thing.

Anyway, that’s my two penny worthy.

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, I won't. There's no point. People who have read these people posting know what's up, they don't need any convincing, and those I'm talking about won't listen to sensible arguments no matter what. I still to my previous statement that I think they'd have been like a rabbit up a drainpipe if Corbyn had said it, just as they have every single time Corbyn says something that can be twisted into anti-semitism. No amount of 'yeah, but I didn't mentioned something about his Ghandi quote' stuff changes what has been done and said in these threads. 

Still haven't seen a single shred of evidence that Corbyn (human rights campaigner and vocal and racist) has been antisemitic from the forums very own Rachel Riley. 

2 from the top and 3 up Mooks arse please Jeff 

3 hours ago, viRdjil said:

This Darren Grimes guy is supposedly the next big thing in right wing politics.

Australia is doing great. As long as you're already very well off. If you're an ordinary wage earner your wages are stagnant while prices of everything are going up. There are less homeless freezing to death on the streets over Winter though

21 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Nobody mentioned the no confidence motion against Louise Ellman on Yom Kippur.

image.png

I assume it's the first meeting after the mentioned article was published. Still, clearly a motion that should be postponed considering the timing and hopefully it will be.

8 minutes ago, Pidge said:

image.png

I assume it's the first meeting after the mentioned article was published. Still, clearly a motion that should be postponed considering the timing and hopefully it will be.

A 2 day wait will be well worth getting rid of that waste of space.

• 3 months later...