You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Country

Section_31

The Greens just became the biggest party down here in Brighton, & Hove overtaking the Tories minority.

Lib Dems lost all their seats (albeit only 2).

Greens don't have enough for a majority though, so will have to see if they go it alone or form a coalition with Labour.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
He clearly is doing though.

Yep, and coming from somebody threatening to sue their coalition partners for 'making up facts', it tends to irritate.

Not as much as this 'Labour's mess' stuff that the coalition members are pushing is fucking me off though. It's all just to to colour their actions as 'must take' and it is a massive blag.

Yep, and coming from somebody threatening to sue their coalition partners for 'making up facts', it tends to irritate.

Not as much as this 'Labour's mess' stuff that the coalition members are pushing is fucking me off though. It's all just to to colour their actions as 'must take' and it is a massive blag.

Lib dem councillor for Sheffield was banging on about that this morning. It's not our fault we lost we're clearing up labours mess/toxic debt. Rinse and repeat.

Where's everybodies favourite Tory apologist today?

One of the things that greatly worries me about the outcome of this election is that we look like becoming a very divided country again. Labour has struggled to break out of its heartlands but the councils it does hold - it now holds in an iron grip. Labour's core vote has returned en mass and is effectively hoping it can save them from what they see as unfairly targeted cuts, and Labour will continue to play that tune so it can secure its own base.

I don't think any one party dominating a council to the extent Labour now will in many parts of the North West is healthy for democracy in all honesty.

Guest TK-421
My only hope is that the collective amnesia which has seemingly wiped away everyone's memories of a truly dreadful Labour government also serves to help people forget our broken tuition fee pledge in time.

Dream on.

I take no pleasure in seeing the Lib Dems having their backs broken. They're like the Italians in the Second World War, an otherwise agreeable people who've been led down the road to ruin by an utter fuckwad.

I always liked the basic ethos of the party and I think it attract people who are reasonable and fair-minded. I hope that when it puts this disastrous alliance with the Tories behind it it can become some kind of force again and push a liberal centre-left agenda.

Social democracy is the way forward - some of the Lib Dem rank and file and certain elements of Labour can make that happen.

Cameron can scarcely believe his good fortune or that his well laid plans have delivered such a rounding destruction of his lapdog mates. Clegg has totally screwed the pooch here and I think he has got at most another six months before someone tries to oust him. I also think that Miliband has fucked up a decent opportunity to give he tories a sound kick in the balls. Meh, they are all power hungry vultures and cunts and I refused to engage in the process as usual.

Said it before and I'll say it again, he's the Hodgson of politics. Like it or not todays politics is all about image and spin. Miliband will never be Prime Minister while he's got a hole in his arse. You can take that to the bank.

Miliband will never be Prime Minister while he's got a hole in his arse. You can take that to the bank.

True, he doesn't have the presence of a leader and can't connect with the electorate. Those who voted Tory last time knew what they were voting for so this has mostly been a protest by those who feel shafted by teh Libs. A very deluded party who think any economic upturn will benefit them - it won't, the Tories will get the credit. A grasp for power has sent Clegg's party back to the 90s and 'trust' can take a long time to re-establish.

Guest TK-421
I take no pleasure in seeing the Lib Dems having their backs broken. They're like the Italians in the Second World War, an otherwise agreeable people who've been led down the road to ruin by an utter fuckwad.

I always liked the basic ethos of the party and I think it attract people who are reasonable and fair-minded. I hope that when it puts this disastrous alliance with the Tories behind it it can become some kind of force again and push a liberal centre-left agenda.

Social democracy is the way forward - some of the Lib Dem rank and file and certain elements of Labour can make that happen.

I will take pleasure.

They portrayed themselves as a viable third option and then willingly sold their souls to the Tories when they had a chance to make a stand. They had a great opportunity to show to the electorate, their electorate, what they stood for and totally blew it. Caught between a rock and a hard place? No chance. It was a fantastic opportunity for them. Their actions since then tell you everything you need to know.

Nick Clegg and his party are all Tories by proxy. I want them wiped off the political map, never to recover.

If the Green Party can step into the resulting electoral vacuum I'd be pleased. Then we may have a genuine third option.

I honestly believe that either the true liberals,Kennedy and Campbell for example should either launch a concerted leadership campaign behind a young up and comer or start a fresh party.

After all we've had liberals,SDP and Liberal Democrats over the past couple of decades so how about another 'Gang of Four' breakaway?

Otherwise they are in the wilderness for a good while yet.

dont know much about politics but isnt the map in the first post distorted by the different sizes of each area? theres like about 25 red areas next to 1 blue area the same size

The key is not the size of the area but the population density,as was said earlier and if its an urban rural one too.

SD's old man on the news giving it to Clegg. Said he is a laughing stock. He is of course most correct.

It would be most ignoble of any of the mutt's opponents to delight in his private grief. The poor chap must be hurting terribly. Terribly. He must be suppressing his pain, ftustration and anger after last night's complete humbling and contemplating his future with the LibDems, who, once again, are consigned to the hinterland of the public's political consciousness.

So spare a kind thought for the sad, defeated, whipped and humiliated cur. No doubt he'll bounce back...........sometime.

It's more like the time the X-Men teamed up with the Brotherhood of Mutants to fight the super-mutant Apocalypse, except in this version, the citizens tip Professor X out of his chair and kick him to death.

Strontium Dog, you never fail. You're an absoliute, fucking beaut'! A little red box -which is something I suspect you now have after the fucking you got last night - accompanied by the message "Kill yourself": that's how you assuage your pain? Some riposte that. kid.

Go and get a cuddle from your dad and tell him that the older lads hurt you, you sad twat.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Labour can't really hold their heads up too high. Failed in Scotland, robust, but not spectacular gains in England. It's all a bit North v South again. I actually hate the conservative party.

It's more like the time the X-Men teamed up with the Brotherhood of Mutants to fight the super-mutant Apocalypse, except in this version, the citizens tip Professor X out of his chair and kick him to death.

Conservativehome dubs you 'dishonest'. As I've no idea about X-Men I'll go with their explanation.