You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, couple of good games.

How shit were Sunderland again?

Apparently he's on the FIFA website from January 2011, as one of THE young players to watch in Europe.

I'm pretty sure Darren Caskey and Julian Joachim made similar lists when they were younger, as probably did John O Shea, Jermaine Pennant, and Theo Walcott among many, many others.

Franco Zavaglia, told Gazzetta dello Sport: "I can say that I am not aware of any interest from AC Milan.

"They are just rumours and we have had no contact with Milan.

"Juve have asked us for a few days to reflect and in the meantime, we are looking at the options in Italy and abroad.

"I don't think the problem has to do with the buy-out clause but rather that they (Juventus) are looking for someone whose characteristics are more defensive.

"We will see what happens.

"Whatever happens, Alberto is not left in the middle of the road as he still has three years left of his contract with Liverpool."

Romours hes back on Merseyside.

Reds midfielder has heart set on permanent exit

Alberto Aquilani´s agent insists his client wants to remain in Italy.

The Italian midfielder spent this season on loan at Juventus from Liverpool. but the Turin giants have yet to confirm if they will sign the 26-year-old on a permanent basis. Aquilani, who has been linked with a move to AC Milan this summer, is also a reported target of Napoli.

"Aquilani to Napoli? I don´t think it would be an easy negotiation but if the will is there why not?" said Aquilani´s agent Franco Zavaglia to Italian Radio Crr.

"I have not spoken to (Napoli sporting director Riccardo) Bigon but the player wants to remain in Italy.

"If something was to come up he would be happy.

"I have not spoken to Alberto but Napoli is an important club.

"If Napoli considered Aquilani to be an important player, he would be open to negotiations."

Liverpool signed Aquilani for a reported fee of £20million from Roma in 2009 and he is under contract with the Reds outfit until June 2014.

Aquilani scored twice in 33 league appearances for Juventus last season.

Copyright © PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.

Why did this guy even sign for us, seeing as he's so determined to stay in Italy now?

I'd have him before the Charlie Adams of the world but if we can get a decent fee for him I'd sell. £7-9m should do it, we need to cut our losses.