You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why do you find it so hard to accept some people think a midfielder who got six assists and one goal in nine league starts was worth another shot?

Is it just because Benitez signed him that you have such an intense dislike of him or what?[/QUOTE]

Could'nt care less who signed him, he's just not good enough, I dont want Konchesky back either and Rafa did'nt sign him.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all excellent signings from a league he knew inside out and the other one mascherano he had on trial for 12 months before buying for more than we sold him for

Hahahaha,

Mascherano couldn't get a game for lowly West Ham and Benitez took a chance on him,

and in all probability would have signed him much earlier if he had his way,

Thats a matter of opinion, thats why as in the Brian Reade thread i've aswked you your opinion on it, if you dont wana answer it fine

So when it suits your arguments,it's set in stone

when it doesn't suit your arguments it's a matter of opinion,

and I haven't read the book

Why do you find it so hard to accept some people think a midfielder who got six assists and one goal in nine league starts was worth another shot?

Is it just because Benitez signed him that you have such an intense dislike of him or what?

In these days of unity and positivity, it's not every day one gets to have a go at Rafa, blatant or indirectly. That's a big rarity and one that has to be immediately seized.

Still think we'll end up reaching a compromise, maybe at around €12m. The best thing for both parties is for him to stay with Juve. Despite his quotes the other week - which I think were primarily to try and protect his value - I genuinely can't see Kenny wanting Aquilani back, as he's not got the attitude he'd want in a Liverpool player.

His form for Juve this season hasn't merited them paying €16m. After a promising start, he's been mostly average for the past six months. I can understand why our fans are pissed off at Juve's tactics here, but if the shoe was on the other foot, you wouldn't want us to overpay for a player just because we agreed a fee nine months ago.

Oh, and can we please, please not turn this in to another Rafa thread.

Thats obviously the best solution. But there are some people who need to cop themselves on. People saying let Juve have him for next to nothing, as if the world will end if we don't get rid of him.

If Juve won't pay a fair price they can get to fuck. He not so shite that bringing him back would be a detriment to the club. Obviously hes on big wages but christ we can get rid of Jovanovic and Cole and be able to pay him.

And maybe he could have if he went but he did'nt, but I've watched him all season and he's never gona cut it in England, he's a very average player, we've at lease 2 players possibly 3 better in that position at the club,

The likes of Tomkins amongst others filling peoples head with shit about tearing up Seria a is exactly that shit, he had one good month around october after that he's been awful

I'm not saying he should be a key player for us, but Kenny has done wonders with some players in this team, he's managed to get the likes of Glen Johnson showing exactly why they were at Liverpool in the first place. Seeing as Aquilani's problem's are more mental than physical (apparently) then I would be quite interested to see how he would work with Aquilani.

Plus looking at our current midfielders, apart from Gerrard, Aquilani would be the one I'd pick to play against a Sunderland or Wigan at home and unlock their defence. He could play a Berbatov type role for us, play against the weaker teams and give us that added attacking edge, while giving way for a more solid player in the big games (Spearing?)

He's not shit, but he's definitely not cut out for this league.

I'm not his biggest fan,

but he's nowhere near as bad a player as people on here make out,

the shitter Aquilani is,

the poorer the judgement of the man who bought him is

So when it suits your arguments,it's set in stone

when it doesn't suit your arguments it's a matter of opinion,

and I haven't read the book

Ad what did I say was set in stone?Aqualani is'nt worth £30m despite what Rafa says do you agree with that, or are you still of the belief if Rafa said it it must be true?

you should read the book, its very enlighting, might stop you slagging off fans like Alan Kayall who got off there arse and did something rather than just told people the club was sold to a conman in August eh?

Ad what did I say was set in stone?Aqualani is'nt worth £30m despite what Rafa says do you agree with that, or are you still of the belief if Rafa said it it must be true?

you should read the book, its very enlighting, might stop you slagging off fans like Alan Kayall who got off there arse and did something rather than just told people the club was sold to a conman in August eh?

I slagged off Alan Kayal ?

Would that be the same Alan Kayal who rang me on Sunday night for a chat?

You like doing research don't you,

go and root out the article that Bascombe agreed with the Times

that Huang the "Conman" would be buying the club last summer

Rafa's not the first, and certainly wont be the last to get a players valuation wrong

IMO far more expansive than Lucas, Spearing in his play, similar to Meireles. From what we've seen of the new style of bombing on and getting players in the box he could be an asset.

Obviously a lot of baggage to deal with but with the club now settled who knows.

just an opinion that's all

Whether he stays or not, I'm not too fussed either way! That said, a bit like Maxi, he'll probably be much more suited to the one-touch link ups we've seen between Lucas, Raul and Suarez lately, than he was last time he played for us!

Against Atletico, there was a terrific passage of intricate passing between him, Gerrard and someone I can't remember that resulted in a great chance for Dirk(he uncharacteristically missed). I was really looking forward to seeing what would happen when he and Gerrard developed a real understanding; like E.P said, he could be of real use against sides that aren't interested in leaving their box against us.

I slagged off Alan Kayal ?

Would that be the same Alan Kayal who rang me on Sunday night for a chat?

You like doing research don't you,

go and root out the article that Bascombe agreed with the Times

that Huang the "Conman" would be buying the club last summer

From you 2 days ago on the Reade thread, and I wont be rooting out anymore articles I'm getting bored proving you wrong at this stage.

Originally Posted by Durango

All this bollocks about the Huang deal,

I don't know if it was good or bad for the Club,in hindsight it was probably bad.

But to many people on here shouldn't be throwing stones,off the top of my head

Trucker Paddy

Juan Galsonso

Caradona

Ted

Code 72

ATK

by steadfastly hanging like shit to a blanket to Bacombe every word inadvertently backed Hicks and Gillett,

Guest San Don

Juve can fuck right off imo. They knew the price when they took him on loan. So, they were either being very cynical, lying bastards when they took him or chancing their arm now by saying they wont pay.

If they wont pay, then fine, the lad comes back. The King has got the players playing better and if needs must, aquillani should be brough back and see if the King works his magic.

If aquillani wants to stay, he's got to convince Juve to pay the wedge.

Simple as really, we wont be fucked over again.

Kenny might be able to get the best out of him. Maybe a whole new approach is what he needs (a bit of warmth over Rafa's more distant approach).

However, personally if we get anything above 9m for him I think we should cut our losses.

(Rafa made an error, poorly advised or not. But some posts on here are disappointing.)

I hope Juve end up coming to some agreement and we get rid, he is a decent player but just not cut out for the premiership.

He was a bad signing for various reasons and we need to get back for him what we can and move on.

FAO Chris Bascombe,

I, against Chris Bascombe wishes,

would like to apologies unreservedly to him regarding my comments earlier in the thread about the Huang sale,

it was inaccurate and wide of the mark

I was asked by someone on this forum if it was okay for them to give him my phone number which I had no objection too.

Following a lengthy phone call on Sunday night (often very heated) we agreed to disagree,

in the last hour, we have again had a heated debate and like Sunday agreed to disagree.

Whilst we have contrasting views, I have to say that he's entitled to his opinions the same as am I.

I have to stress that this apology is for the comments about the Huang deal and not the "cut them some slack" article which I stand by, and Chris knows this

There's nothing to suggest he's "not cut out for the Premier league" I watched him very closely when he was here and he really impressed me everytime he played, in fact last season he was our best player against fulham, portsmouth and atletico Madrid and I also remember his great assist for Dirk against Bolton when he won a header at the back stick across the face. The lad deserves a chance, for people to brandish him not good enough based on his 17 or so games is ridiculous.