You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what we were told by the manager that signed him weren't we, that's your selective memory kicking in, now toddle ho arse wipe

Arse wipe?

Show me the article,

or it this another figment of your Bascombe generated imagination?

Do you mind sharing with us when and how you established this opinion, because he's been awful for Juve this season, 32 games 2 goals 4 assists, most pre January , he barely played at us and barely kicked a ball in the 18 months before he joined us, I'm not been smart I'm just curious how you seen enough of him.

Didn't know that Paddy, according to reports I thought he was doing quiet well. obviously not.

He came here injured and wasn't able to make his mark. I thought I saw some glimpses of a player when he was here. He seemed to have good vision and could use both feet. Obviously a big question mark over the fitness.

Still, if Juventus won't pay the price then either someone else will or he will come back. And if he comes back he will be coming back to a team that is on the up, under a manager who likes to play.

Either way I'm confident we'll come out of this just fine.

Anybody with a brain wouldn't pay £20m for a injured player they'd never seen play, from a foreign country who'd barely kicked a ball for 18 months

Benitez never seen him play?

would the be the same brain, that bought from a foreign country Torres,Alonso,Masherano,Arbeloa for £50m

and then the club recouped that outlay on Torres?

Guest barralad
Anybody with a brain wouldn't pay £20m for a injured player they'd never seen play, from a foreign country who'd barely kicked a ball for 18 months

Yeah them foreigners eh?.

Arse wipe?

Show me the article,

or it this another figment of your Bascombe generated imagination?

Benitez admits the three-month wait for Aquilani to become available to play was at least twice that initially expected.

But he adds: "I'd still have signed him if I'd known that. We were bringing in a player with quality for five years. If he had been fully fit maybe he could have cost pounds 25-30m.

Liverpool boss Benitez: Fully fit Aquilani worth £30M | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

Rafa explains reluctance to play Aquilani; FOCUS ON THE 212TH MERSEYSIDE DERBY. - Free Online Library

there you go, and are you still avoiding the question I asked you in the Brian Reade thread, what do you think of Rafa buddying up with Hicks?

Benitez never seen him play?

would the be the same brain, that bought from a foreign country Torres,Alonso,Masherano,Arbeloa for £50m

and then the club recouped that outlay on Torres?

all excellent signings from a league he knew inside out and the other one mascherano he had on trial for 12 months before buying for more than we sold him for, so I repeat buying an injured player whod been injured for 18 months, do you think thats good use of club funds, also that injured player got £1m in wages before he kicked a ball, genius eh?

Benitez admits the three-month wait for Aquilani to become available to play was at least twice that initially expected.

But he adds: "I'd still have signed him if I'd known that. We were bringing in a player with quality for five years. If he had been fully fit maybe he could have cost pounds 25-30m.

Liverpool boss Benitez: Fully fit Aquilani worth £30M | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

Rafa explains reluctance to play Aquilani; FOCUS ON THE 212TH MERSEYSIDE DERBY. - Free Online Library

there you go, and are you still avoiding the question I asked you in the Brian Reade thread, what do you think of Rafa buddying up with Hicks?

I'm avoiding the question?

You where quick to show me the Aquilani article,

can you be as quick to show me the article where "Rafa buddying up with Hicks"

I'm avoiding the question?

You where quick to show me the Aquilani article,

can you be as quick to show me the article where "Rafa buddying up with Hicks"

Here is an extract from Brian Reades book, whats your opinion on it

"So Benitez stuck a wet finger into the storm that was blowing around Anfield, captured the wind direction, decided his enemies' enemy was his friend, pulled back the Texas bedspread and jumped into the sack with Uncle Tom.

He phoned certain friendly journalists asking them to call their dogs off Hicks and turn them on Parry and Gillett. From now on, he said, I will only deal with one owner. His reasoning, he claimed was not self serving. Hicks was promising to give him a contract extension and cut Parry's balls off, which, in Benitez's eyes, was the only way the club could be saved."

Heres another

"This was the most curious dynamic of them all. Here was Benitez, one of the world’s highest-rated coaches, who had won two Spanish leagues, the Champions League, UEFA Cup and FA Cup forming an alliance with a man who knew nothing about football, who hated him and had tried to sack him. A man he knew was wooing him with the offer of a contract extension to keep him close to him as a sign of credibility in his ongoing battle to take overall control of the club."

Guest barralad
Everybody entitled to an opinion and all that but again I'll ask on what basis do people think this? I'd have spearing and Lucas ahead of him

I take it then,that you are completely against giving him another chance.

Are you willing to accept that some of us didnt think he did as badly as you seem to believe for us,bearing in mind his limited playing time and the situation the club was in.

I think the fact he was injured when we bought him was a debatable decision,but we did buy Carroll under similar circumstances didnt we.

i've watched him at least 12 times this season, he's been average at best. he started well but when Juve start going off the boil he went missing, a total passenger of a player

I watched him before we signed him when he was actually fit which wasn't often. He was nothing special and showed fuck all to justify his price tag.

Everybody entitled to an opinion and all that but again I'll ask on what basis do people think this? I'd have spearing and Lucas ahead of him

Why do you find it so hard to accept some people think a midfielder who got six assists and one goal in nine league starts was worth another shot?

Is it just because Benitez signed him that you have such an intense dislike of him or what?

Still think we'll end up reaching a compromise, maybe at around €12m. The best thing for both parties is for him to stay with Juve. Despite his quotes the other week - which I think were primarily to try and protect his value - I genuinely can't see Kenny wanting Aquilani back, as he's not got the attitude he'd want in a Liverpool player.

His form for Juve this season hasn't merited them paying €16m. After a promising start, he's been mostly average for the past six months. I can understand why our fans are pissed off at Juve's tactics here, but if the shoe was on the other foot, you wouldn't want us to overpay for a player just because we agreed a fee nine months ago.

Oh, and can we please, please not turn this in to another Rafa thread.

You obviously rate him Paddy, you even suggested he should play in the hole for us if Gerrard went to Madrid.

And maybe he could have if he went but he did'nt, but I've watched him all season and he's never gona cut it in England, he's a very average player, we've at lease 2 players possibly 3 better in that position at the club,

The likes of Tomkins amongst others filling peoples head with shit about tearing up Seria a is exactly that shit, he had one good month around october after that he's been awful

Here is an extract from Brian Reades book, whats your opinion on it

"So Benitez stuck a wet finger into the storm that was blowing around Anfield, captured the wind direction, decided his enemies' enemy was his friend, pulled back the Texas bedspread and jumped into the sack with Uncle Tom.

He phoned certain friendly journalists asking them to call their dogs off Hicks and turn them on Parry and Gillett. From now on, he said, I will only deal with one owner. His reasoning, he claimed was not self serving. Hicks was promising to give him a contract extension and cut Parry's balls off, which, in Benitez's eyes, was the only way the club could be saved."

So everything in Brian Reade's book is gospel then?

I take it then,that you are completely against giving him another chance.

Are you willing to accept that some of us didnt think he did as badly as you seem to believe for us,bearing in mind his limited playing time and the situation the club was in.

I think the fact he was injured when we bought him was a debatable decision,but we did buy Carroll under similar circumstances didnt we.

Carroll had not got a history of barely kicking a ball due to injuries and was a highly promising striker who had just broke into England team and proved he could do it in the premier league.