You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahaha - You are kidding - right?

Nope, I think we've been playing amazing footy without him. I think he is Liverpool FC and I love him but I think that him not being there has allowed a lot of our players to step up. Get rid and by more youthful prospects.

Aquilani certainly has flair but he also shies from physical contact and goes missing on the pitch for large parts of many games, quite apart from his injury record.

Given that I also reckon he just doesn't fancy it here, I hope personally that we can get rid for a decent-ish price.

Makes sence, but Aqa has it in him to be top playermaker. Maybe not in the prem though.

A great player? Based on what?

Just interested like.

I like the way he plays. For the few games he played for us I liked what I saw. His movement, little flicks and passes that he made, he showed elements of flair. He looked like a creative player to me. Under Kenny I think we could get a lot out of him.

I like the way he plays. For the few games he played for us I liked what I saw. His movement, little flicks and passes that he made, he showed elements of flair. He looked like a creative player to me. Under Kenny I think we could get a lot out of him.

Bet your a fan of YouTube also(: he's really not very good mate and that's been very polite, he doesn't wana be here either, and I think his missus has just had a kid( could be wrong there) get £8-10m and move on in knowledge that type of scouting wont happen again

Bet your a fan of YouTube also(: he's really not very good mate and that's been very polite, he doesn't wana be here either, and I think his missus has just had a kid( could be wrong there) get £8-10m and move on in knowledge that type of scouting wont happen again

Sweet

But thats just it. We watch Liverpool week in week and we know exactly whats going on with our club (players, formations, positions etc). How do we know that Aquilani is really been deployed correctly or even used properly within a certain formation???

I know there is a player in him and it will take a proper manager with a certain kind of philosophy to bring out the best in him.

Neither Rafa nor Roy were those manager and neither is Juventus with their negative tactics.

I think King Kenny fits the bill and with our current set-up I think that we will see a new kind of Aquilani thriving here in the Premier League.

Proving he comes of course....

First of all, Juventus don't have negative tactics. Secondly, he's been utilised in the role that he wants to play. So much so, they've moved Marchisio out to the left of midfield, just to accommodate Aquilani in his natural role. So there are no excuses for him not playing well consistently this season; that's his fault.

The rest of your post is fair enough, and I agree that if there was anyone who could get him playing to the best of his ability, then it's Kenny. But I'm sure Kenny wouldn't want a player who doesn't want to be here, and Aquilani doesn't want to return, so I think it's a bit of a moot point.

• 4 weeks later...

From the Echo:

LIVERPOOL are facing a hefty loss on Alberto Aquilani as they prepare to pay Roma the final instalment of his transfer fee.

The Reds have a deadline of June 30 to hand over 5million euros (£4.4milllion) to the Serie A oufit.

That will take the total outlay for Aquilani, who was signed by Rafa Benitez in August 2009, to 20million euros (£17.6million).

Aquilani hasn’t pulled on a Liverpool shirt since the Europa League qualifier against FK Rabotnicki last August and the Italy international is unlikely to play for the club again.

The 26-year-old spent the season on loan at Juventus after an injury-plagued first year at Anfield.

The Reds hoped Juventus would sign Aquilani on a permanent basis but they have so far been unable to agree a deal.

Juve failed to take up their option to buy him for £14million and the ECHO understands they were only willing to offer around £6million.

We'll only "face a hefty loss" if we sell him to Juve for £6m, and I don't see Kenny/Damian agreeing to that.

Not agreeing to it will cost us £10m, plus whatever we pay him in wages until he does go.

He isn't worth £10m, we should cut our losses.

We'll only "face a hefty loss" if we sell him to Juve for £6m, and I don't see Kenny/Damian agreeing to that.

They're not going to keep him around sucking off of the wage bill. The Market will dictate his worth, and if he's a 6m quality player, he's a 6m quality player. I'm not sure he's ever shown he's worth an awful lot more than that in his career to date.

Signing him in the first place was a horribly wrong decision.

Only Liverpool could go a step further by getting fucking Poulsen.

So now we not only have to get rid of Aquilani, we have to do the same with Poulsen too.

They're almost impossibly poor signings. Aquilani is easily #1 though...he's beloved on RAWK because Rafa spent a lot of money on him, and that's genuinely the firmest 'evidence' there is that he is up to the task.

First of all, Juventus don't have negative tactics. Secondly, he's been utilised in the role that he wants to play. So much so, they've moved Marchisio out to the left of midfield, just to accommodate Aquilani in his natural role. So there are no excuses for him not playing well consistently this season; that's his fault.

The rest of your post is fair enough, and I agree that if there was anyone who could get him playing to the best of his ability, then it's Kenny. But I'm sure Kenny wouldn't want a player who doesn't want to be here, and Aquilani doesn't want to return, so I think it's a bit of a moot point.

I honestly didnt know about the Marchisio thing, its what I heard from a few mates that actually watch the Italian League.

In any case, I still think that there is a player in him but if he does not want to come here then fuck him.

We are re-building for the future, for our future and the last thing we need are players that dont want to play for us.

£6 mill. is a joke. We should keep him and stop looking at players like Barton.

On the other hand if we could get Henderson for the same as we get for Aquilani then fine by me, but its seems way of.

I think Aquilani could be very usefull under Kenny if only the injuries wasn't a factor.

£6 mill. is a joke. We should keep him and stop looking at players like Barton.

On the other hand if we could get Henderson for the same as we get for Aquilani then fine by me, but its seems way of.

I think Aquilani could be very usefull under Kenny if only the injuries wasn't a factor.

Henderson would cost a lot more, and rightly so - he has far more potential than Aquilani.

Far more potential?

To do what?

Just another over-hyped pile of poorly engineered British footballer if you ask me. Fit, strong, can kick a ball a little bit but will ultimately look like a pile of wank when faced with quality opposition.

Let's get Lee Cattermole while we're at it.

Far more potential?

To do what?

Just another over-hyped pile of poorly engineered British footballer if you ask me. Fit, strong, can kick a ball a little bit but will ultimately look like a pile of wank when faced with quality opposition.

Let's get Lee Cattermole while we're at it.

Not mean to be funny or anything, but have you seen him play??