You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He's a nut job, hopefully he's gone too far now.

I'm intrigued to how he'd even do it, "Are you Muslim?" "No"

It'd be the same as that wonderful question you used to get on landing cards and criminal records checks - "Are you, or have you ever been, a member of a terrorist organisation".  You can just picture the 'terrorist' trying to enter the country answering that one - "Yes I am.  Hang on, I mean no, NO.  Dammit! You got me!"

I tweeted that screenshot above of (what I thought) was a very funny description of Donald Trump and it's got loads of re-tweets.  But what has been really enlightening is some of the comments from the Trump supporters.  Including the amazingly deluded "Which is to say he is the voice of the people....And you have a problem with that....Hmm I see".  And also that keeping Obama and not putting Trump in (I'm guessing this American doesn't get the whole 2 term thing) will bring "HELL ON EARTH". Some amazingly deluded people out there.

Trump is a boon for US right wing politics.  His public expression of extreme opinions on a daily basis is helping to normalise what are still fairly extreme right wing views held by the republicans, but when compared to Trump seem centrist and palatable to the vast majority of the drip-fed voters.  This means that they will be credited for what in comparison appear to be a rational manifesto, but in reality will be a collection of some of the most extreme and radical policies ever proposed by one of the major parties.  

• Upvote 1

Trump is a boon for US right wing politics. His public expression of extreme opinions on a daily basis is helping to normalise what are still fairly extreme right wing views held by the republicans, but when compared to Trump seem centrist and palatable to the vast majority of the drip-fed voters. This means that they will be credited for what in comparison appear to be a rational manifesto, but in reality will be a collection of some of the most extreme and radical policies ever proposed by one of the major parties.

Not sure that's true mate. They'll have to follow him towards the crazy to win the Republican nomination and then they can't swim back to win an election.

Trump is a boon for US right wing politics. His public expression of extreme opinions on a daily basis is helping to normalise what are still fairly extreme right wing views held by the republicans, but when compared to Trump seem centrist and palatable to the vast majority of the drip-fed voters. This means that they will be credited for what in comparison appear to be a rational manifesto, but in reality will be a collection of some of the most extreme and radical policies ever proposed by one of the major parties.

Media Hassan just wrote an article that George Bush reign is looking like it was a golden age for muslims in America.

Good to see their priorities are right, he might just mess up our trade...

This could ultimately lead to a crisis at the convention, the Republican Party basically rips itself apart to prevent him from becoming the nominee. There is too much money and too many people who think someone like him would be an utter disaster for trade.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/12/08/laura_ingraham_this_could_lead_to_a_crisis_at_the_convention_gop_will_rip_itself_apart_to_avoid_nominating_trump.html

Not sure that's true mate. They'll have to follow him towards the crazy to win the Republican nomination and then they can't swim back to win an election.

I think you're overestimating the intellectual independence of the US voter Stu.  They won't have to swim back, as the indoctrination will have normalised crazy.  

That said, of course Trump won't get near the nomination.  

• Upvote 1