You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 minutes ago, Trumo said:

The dickhead is calling Covid a gift from God. Bit odd considering it's something he's blamed on China repeatedly, and also because he looks down upon everything and everyone that doesn't worship him.

He's seen how many of them over there are against lockdown / masks etc and is garnering their vote. It's all a fucking ploy. It still blows my mind that this thing is POTUS. Him and Boris Johnson in such powerful positions? What have we become. 

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Anyone gonna stay up and watch the election? I'm tempted but don't reckon we'll have any idea who's won for about nine years. 

I have in the past, I remember my joy when Clinton and Obama won. I stayed up to watch a few Democratic primaries this year and last time. 

I have no enthusiasm for either Trump or Biden so won't be bothering this time

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

If it's clear early on that he's lost Florida and other swing states I think it'll be tremendous viewing. 

Yeah it’s intriguing as it could be an entertaining night in so many ways.

The polls could be completely wrong and Trump could win, in which case it would be perversely entertaining to see the CNN staff lose their minds. Would be gutting but as I say still perversely entertaining.

The polls could be broadly right and Biden wins but Trump refuses to accept it. Scary entertainment.

The polls are wrong and Biden wins by an absolute landslide and Trump has no grounds to dispute it and has to leave with his tail between his legs. Hugely entertaining.

Wouldn’t miss it for the world.

33 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Anyone gonna stay up and watch the election? I'm tempted but don't reckon we'll have any idea who's won for about nine years. 

Nah fuck that. If it was normal times, then of course as I always stay up for both UK and US elections, but with the postal votes who knows how long it's going to drag on for after.

32 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve got £100 on the result! But won’t be staying up. 

Made a few £100's already taking advantage of trading price movements and market suspensions on BetFair since Trump got Covid. Easy money.

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

I’ll be staying up for it 100%. I enjoy watching CNN as they just hammer Trump constantly which is music to my ears tbh.

CNN can start to grate after a while though, because they are so anti-Trump and anti-Republican that they tie themselves in knots trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Inconsequential shit like a typo in a tweet gets discussed for over an hour. They'd be better off leaving the drama with Fox News.

• Upvote 1

If you want to know why the world is fucked, most of the press and social media coverage I've seen of the vice presidential debate (both of whom, to be fair, probably said some stuff worth talking about) concerned the fact a fly landed on Pence's hair. 

I remember at the last election over here, a lot of the news stories throughout the day concerned a trend of people taking their dogs to polling stations. Granada were talking to one woman who'd put christmas lights on hers.

That's where we are now. 

If it was Paris, 1940 they'd have never got the French resistance off the ground, they'd have all been sat around taking Instagram pictures of themselves hitting pictures of Hitler and Charles de Gaulle with French bread.  

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

If you want to know why the world is fucked, most of the press and social media coverage I've seen of the vice presidential debate (both of whom, to be fair, probably said some stuff worth talking about) concerned the fact a fly landed on Pence's hair. 

I remember at the last election over here, a lot of the news stories throughout the day concerned a trend of people taking their dogs to polling stations. Granada were talking to one woman who'd put christmas lights on hers.

That's where we are now. 

If it was Paris, 1940 they'd have never got the French resistance off the ground, they'd have all been sat around taking Instagram pictures of themselves hitting pictures of Hitler and Charles de Gaulle with French bread.  

Thats why Johnson always finishes his 6th response in PMQ's to Starmer with something stupid. "Captain Hindsight" because thats what will trend not his inadequacy. 

Deflect, cover, deflect, cover, deflect, cover, lie, deflect, lie, cover, deflect.... 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

They'd be in for a world of pain.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Aye, a mate and I are going to book the next day off work to stay up to watch it while drinking cans.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

If they have a big celebration on the night the Obamas will be there I bet, stars and stripes, confetti, James Brown's 'livin' in America', oh it'll be beautiful. 

If Trump wins there's an oven door with my name on it. 

Electric ?

44 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

If they have a big celebration on the night the Obamas will be there I bet, stars and stripes, confetti, James Brown's 'livin' in America', oh it'll be beautiful. 

If Trump wins there's an oven door with my name on it. 

Is your name Sam Sung ? 

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Sorry if this has already been posted in here. I started listening to that Michael Cohen podcast today. Obviously he's bitter, but I've found the 1st 2 really fascinating. Well worth a listen I think. 

Just googled that, had no idea about it so will give it a listen on my walk tomorrow.

Nice one mate.

• Upvote 1