You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Probably would have been better if he'd died really. 

@realDonaldTrump: I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!

If Trump is ok from here on out he's basically got the virus, quickly gone into hospital where things looked more serious for a bit, swatted it aside shortly after and he's now off back to work as US president in the middle of an election campaign. Fucking crazy.

His medical team are probably freaked wondering how things will go from here on out but I suppose when these people get into election campaigns some type of energy just takes over them. Or maybe there's some other drugs involved too in this case that are helping with that.

I think the world might be a bit more of a stable place at least in the short term if he does return to health, thinking of US/China relations especially. Loads of screaming right wing loons accompanied by idiot Republicans pointing the finger at China almost instantly if anything more serious happened could've been a bad situation for us all to be in.

The guardian are running with the line that his kids, excluding Donny Jr, are behind this and are filling his head with nonsense about how well he’s doing, direct quotes from a source.

Ignoring medical advice and potentially infecting you staff and their families, is fucking ridiculous, but I wouldn't put anything past him.

Can see him back in ICU within a day or two.

17 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Probably would have been better if he'd died really. 

@realDonaldTrump: I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!

Like dexamethasone (first synthesised in 1957 and its efficacy in serious cases of Covid proven by the NHS) or Remdesivir, made in 2009 under the Obama administration.

Fucking typical. Vain, narcissistic wankers like him and Bolsonaro get it, get the best treatment available anywhere, then brag about how it’s nothing to be bothered about so they can get back to slaughtering their most vulnerable citizens.

Covid fucking bottles the big games like.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Interesting point by Michael Moore, the two Billy bullshitter doctors who do all the talking at these farcical briefings outside the hospital are both military doctors, meaning they take orders from the commander in chief.

Not in medical matters, the chain of command in the US is pretty clear on that. You know when Crusher overrules Picard? It’s basically the same shit. No military officer would be forced to take orders on medical stuff. In fact, they could give him orders on medical matters.