Quantcast
Donald Trump - Page 530 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

15 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

That was the rush to get out before 2020.

supposed 5th or 6th richest country in the world is a banana republic, killing its citizens in the 10s of thousands, whilst shipping out contracts worth 100s of millions to cronies.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Reading some of Ron Perlmans tweets its very subtle you really have to see the subtext but I don't think he likes Trump. I dont think he likes him one bit.

Perlman is a pearl man, big fan since Hellboy.

7 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

He's fucked.

Have a listen to the recent deconstructed podcast. The Republicans had a ban on voter suppression from 1981 lifted in 2018. They expect 50,000 trump supporters to mobilise and actively engage in Democrat voter suppression at swing states.

it’s open fucking fascistic tactics, and it’s not fucking new. This spot has been coming to a puss filled head for decades.

8 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Channel 4 News have received a "data dump" from Trump's 2016 campaign which contained voter data which was then used in an algorithm to try to deter black people from voting. 

Christ! 

https://mobile.twitter.com/ava/status/1310597300918444032

58 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Have a listen to the recent deconstructed podcast. The Republicans had a ban on voter suppression from 1981 lifted in 2018. They expect 50,000 trump supporters to mobilise and actively engage in Democrat voter suppression at swing states.

I thought the cops pretty much getting of with the breonna Taylor killing was to get shit started on the streets. Wouldn't shock me at all if the case is rushed through and they are let off completely in the days before the election so they can try and start curfew in certain states

6 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I thought the cops pretty much getting of with the breonna Taylor killing was to get shit started on the streets. Wouldn't shock me at all if the case is rushed through and they are let off completely in the days before the election so they can try and start curfew in certain states

Thing is though, I think he's misjudged the mood. People instinctively don't like aggro, they're going to vote for a stabilizing force rather than someone who just talks about putting people down with guns and boots. America more than any country with its misadventures in Nam and Iraq, know that doesn't work. The more you push, the more people push back. The novelty factor of seeing goon squads in black areas will wear off very quickly, even for the hillbilly hicks. 

20 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Channel 4 News have received a "data dump" from Trump's 2016 campaign which contained voter data which was then used in an algorithm to try to deter black people from voting. 

Christ! 

https://mobile.twitter.com/ava/status/1310597300918444032

And if it didn't deter them, they were just turned away from the polling stations. 

Summary of debate later on :

Biden : "Where'd you get the orange face mask Donald? I could do with one for Halloween. Hah!"

*most of audience laughs and cheers*

Trump : "Americans want to know about Hunter Biden."

*audience falls silent*

Biden : "Oh come on maaan."

*crashing noise from back of room. Howie Hawkins from the Green Party charges on to the stage.*

Hawkins : "I'm here to have a real debate! New topic added to schedule : the environment. LET'S GO!"

*security rushes in, drags Hawkins from stage*

Biden : "Phew, thank fuck for that. We almost had a real debate on our hands!"

*Trump and Biden both cackle like Muttley*

Trump : "Hunter Biden tho..."

Biden : "Orange face mask tho..."

*both contestants stare angrily at each other*

*cut to ad-break, when debate returns stage is empty*

Moderator : "That's all folks! See you all next time!"

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It’s going to be a car crash, isn’t it?

Genuinely thinking about developing a cough and calling in sick and pulling an all nighter.

For who ?

I'm really worried this is going to go tits up for Biden. 

2 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

For who ?

I'm really worried this is going to go tits up for Biden. 

For both.

It’s a man with dementia being shouted at by a sociopathic lunatic who has hijacked democracy for his own ends.

There’s not much to be celebrating here.

I just hope Biden can get a word in and make the orange fella look ridiculous.

• Upvote 2

It will be a pointless exercise and unless either of them soil their pants live on TV unlikely to make a jot of difference to the polls, 

• Upvote 1

Just now, magicrat said:

It will be a pointless exercise and unless either of them soil their pants live on TV unlikely to make a jot of difference to the polls, 

Really  ?

Clinton was reportedly walking it in the polls until the debates wasn't she ?

3 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Agreed- it is gonna be great.

Picturing Biden in the sauna right now - gathering his thoughts.

DjT working the heavy bag. "It's early boss, save some!"

2 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Really  ?

Yeah I always though Cameron beat Labour in the televised debates when up against Gordon fucking Brown. 

Can't really overstate the importance of this election. Reading an FT piece about Biden supposedly absorbing a lot of the left wing ideas of his previous Democratic rivals, talking about taxing corporations and high earners to fund a 3.2 trillion stimulus package and strengthening Union membership.

This would surely reshape the so called Overton window and make those type of policies more desirable over here if it was seen to be a success. 

If trump wins, well, it's all over isn't it? One way or the other. Imagine the absolute fucking despair of waking up to another four years of this shit.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah I always though Cameron beat Labour in the televised debates when up against Gordon fucking Brown. 

Aye. Brown had the charisma of fucking limpet. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Really  ?

Read plenty about this election and drawing that parallel is dangerous. Many less undecided voters at this stage than last time and Bidens lead in the polls has been remarkably stable and larger than Clintons at the same stage. Add to that Clintons unpopularity and Trump being an unknown quantity made it possible to sneak in despite losing the popular vote . Trump this time has pretty much maxed out his core vote at the expense of pissing everyone else off and its going to be almost impossible for him to widen his appeal without losing votes he currently has in the bank. 

Biden has done fuck all and is winning this hands down and all he has to do is stand up tonight to get through the debate. I think he will avoid engaging with Trump on his wild claims and just stay on message, Will be boring and I'm not staying up for it

3 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Trump is claiming that Biden is going to be on drugs and wearing an earpiece which means that Trump is definitely going to be on drugs and wearing an earpiece. 

They'll be able to see his pupils from the International Space Station.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaslerNoel/status/1310347560838729728