Quantcast
Donald Trump - Page 529 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

On 15/09/2020 at 08:01, Section_31 said:

I think one of the problems has been the explosion of conspiracy theory podcasts and shows, a few BBC types were slagging it off a while back for broadcasting a show by that Scarlatt Moffat about conspiracy theories and apparently she doesn't believe man went to the moon.

It sounds harmless but I think there's a drip drip effect and in the states especially, the reasons behind them are sinister.

They're designed to make you reject things which are sensible so before long, you reject everything that doesn't suit your world view or anything your chosen horse in the political race tells you to reject.

Remember in the 90s and one of the reasons the X Files was so popular was because the notion of government conspiracies was novel, these days there are people who actually once again believe the world is flat. 

I suppose when you're a part of a system that's actually eroded people's standard of living away to the point they may be on the verge of putting your head on a pike, your very last resort is to actually actively change their perception of reality. That's why the likes of Dominic Cummings and Fox News presenters have jobs at all.

This is so true. One of my best friends , a really good guy has gone completely down the rabbit hole the last couple of years. Constantly sending conspiracies theories and tweets to me through wattsapp from anti vax, Covid and 5G,  David Icke,  Trump's going to save the world to Jim fucking Corr etc. 

By all means have an open mind about everything but dont lose yourself in it. 

• Upvote 1

So they reckon Trump only paid $750 on tax the year he became president and other years. If its true its outrageous. The tax system is corrupt as fuck designed or massively influenced by people who don't want to pay it but want everyone else to. 

They seem to be playing it two ways. Either he’s a tax-dodging scumbag or he’s so shit as a businessman that he’s losing money every year since forever and is up to his eyes in debt. Both can actually be true but both can’t be false. So far his response seems to be that it’s all lies

It's the same over here though, I bet the likes of Cameron, Johnson and the rest have got all sorts of shit going on, it's probably legal but it'll be shit none the less. You can't claim to be patriotic and not pay your taxes, it's as simple as that IMO, that's why all this flag waving stuff is horseshit. 

Our countries won't get out of the shitter until we have leaders, be it in politics or business, who don't think avoiding your financial responsibilities is worthy of a pat on the back. The culture in itself is the problem. 

The $70k he claimed on hair care seems somewhat excessive on the face of it but when the comedy value is taken into account money well spent by the US taxpayer. 

Al Capone was eventually nailed on tax fraud so hopefully the IRS will get their man again. 

Seems to be some stuff he could get into proper trouble for in the mix, such as paying his daughter as an employee and as an outside consultant too.

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

The culture in itself is the problem. 

There is not a single mention of the tax story on Fox website. Not one. From the people who are "conservatives."

When the police arrived his wife advised "he had access to multiple firearms "

Should have shot the cunt.

Just as well he wasn't black or chances are they would have. 

8 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

So they reckon Trump only paid $750 on tax the year he became president and other years. If its true its outrageous. The tax system is corrupt as fuck designed or massively influenced by people who don't want to pay it but want everyone else to. 

Holy shit he paid $750??? I thought it was a typo and they missed the k off that.

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Reading some of Ron Perlmans tweets its very subtle you really have to see the subtext but I don't think he likes Trump. I dont think he likes him one bit.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Reading some of Ron Perlmans tweets its very subtle you really have to see the subtext but I don't think he likes Trump. I dont think he likes him one bit.

Mental because his character in Sons of Anarchy probably would. 

Ron Perlman for Prez 

His thick-as-pigshit supporters won't care. The only possible way to get through to these people is to demonstate just how the orange shitstain's actions have negatively impacted upon their lives. Easier said than done when they've had it drummed into them that the blame for all their problems lies at the feet of the Democrats.

EDIT: By 'his' and 'the orange shitstain', I mean Trump, not Hellboy!

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

His thick-as-pigshit supporters won't care. The only possible way to get through to these people is to demonstate just how the orange shitstain's actions have negatively impacted upon their lives. Easier said than done when they've had it drummed into them that the blame for all their problems lies at the feet of the Democrats.

They wont have any criticism of him at all. same with many Tories. "snowflake" "woke" yeah but he is a dodgy sleazy cunt who paid to get out of Vietnam "jealous democrats" "fake news" 

8 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I don't reckon that'd work either, if he nuked their towns they'd probably thank him for it. We're at a point now where the only pleasure some people take from life, is seeing 'the other side' cry. The only thing that might turn them against Trump is if he backtracked on the hate, say if he went around to Obama's house for Christmas or something.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I don't reckon that'd work either, if he nuked their towns they'd probably thank him for it. We're at a point now where the only pleasure some people take from life, is seeing 'the other side' cry. The only thing that might turn them against Trump is if he backtracked on the hate, say if he went around to Obama's house for Christmas or something.

That's not going to happen, Obama's a Muslim.