You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The US Attorney general has stated that the guy investigating Trump has resigned. Only for that guy to say he hasn’t and will press ahead with investigations until he’s been replaced.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/20/us-attorney-geoffrey-berman-oversaw-prosecutions-of-trump-allies-abruptly-resigns?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

10 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

it would be great if they gave the prick a 24 or 48 hour suspension, I reckon he’d lose his shit completely.

Can see him being banned a few hours after his presidency ends.

Guardian report on the rally... Not surprising but just another thing that I’m you’d Expect to see in a comedy sketch rather than an actual campaign. 

He also mused that Covid-19 has many different names, including the racist term “kung flu”. The crowd cheered.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/20/donald-trump-tulsa-rally-crowd-division-greatness?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Warning against defunding police, he said: “It’s one in the morning, and a very tough⁠ – I used the word on occasion – hombre is breaking into the window of a young woman whose husband is away as a traveling salesman or whatever he may do. And you call 911 and they say, ‘I’m sorry this number is no longer working.’”

Looks like he was blindsided by a load of pissed-off young’uns. It appears they caused the campaign to believe they’d have big numbers, although tickets weren’t capped so if his base was still as big as he thinks he could still have filled the stadium.

3 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

For the first time in a long time, I don't think he'll walk the election. Such a shame he's up against Biden or it's be a none contest.

Anyway, some more stuff lifted from elsewhere.

pQyHCRe.jpg

Why do you think Biden is such a weak candidate mate? Under these specific circumstances I think he's strong. He's the kind of candidate a lot of republicans could probably vote for, whereas someone like sanders or Warren might s scare them into sticking with trump.

He's experienced, he's been in politics for decades and sat at the top table for eight, he represents a return to stability. 

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Why do you think Biden is such a weak candidate mate? Under these specific circumstances I think he's strong. He's the kind of candidate a lot of republicans could probably vote for, whereas someone like sanders or Warren might s scare them into sticking with trump.

He's experienced, he's been in politics for decades and sat at the top table for eight, he represents a return to stability. 

Because the electorate are fickle and this like the previous election will not pan out on just politics. They'll go after Biden on health issues among other things. If you remember back, they did a similar thing on Hillary Clinton. I think his age will go against him. He's 78 in November. That'll be used against him too. The best thing Biden has in this election is he's up against Trump. 

42 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Because the electorate are fickle and this like the previous election will not pan out on just politics. They'll go after Biden on health issues among other things. If you remember back, they did a similar thing on Hillary Clinton. I think his age will go against him. He's 78 in November. That'll be used against him too. The best thing Biden has in this election is he's up against Trump. 

I think Clinton struggled against Trump because she was a woman, I really do. This new breed of populism depends heavily on racism and misogyny. He was also an unknown quantity back then. People were faced with a continuation of 'same old shit' or a radical spin of the wheel and felt they had nothing to lose, I think it'll have dawned on a lot of his saner voters that it turned out they actually had a great deal to lose.

If you're a republican or a democrat now you're faced with a choice between two ageing white men, a career politician or a self centred businessman. It's a stark choice indeed but I reckon most will now plump for the former. I think it'll be a landslide.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think Clinton struggled against Trump because she was a woman, I really do. This new breed of populism depends heavily on racism and misogyny. He was also an unknown quantity back then. People were faced with a continuation of 'same old shit' or a radical spin of the wheel and felt they had nothing to lose, I think it'll have dawned on a lot of his saner voters that it turned out they actually had a great deal to lose.

If you're a republican or a democrat now you're faced with a choice between tow ageing white men, a career politician or a self centred businessman. It's a stark choice indeed but I reckon most will now plump for the former. I think it'll be a landslide.

The issue for me is Biden is just Clinton 2.0, the same attacks, pro the wars, in favour of the trade deals that took your jobs, will be used. The states that can swing the election suffered under Obama/Biden, which is a reason they went to Trump. Offering the voters the exact thing that lead to Trump, won't inspire them to go out to vote. IMO

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

If you're a republican or a democrat now you're faced with a choice between tow ageing white men, a career politician or a self centred businessman. It's a stark choice indeed but I reckon most will now plump for the former. I think it'll be a landslide.

If the polls do start showing anything like a landslide defeat for Trump, I can see him pulling out for whatever bat shit excuse he can muster rather than have to face an embarrassing loss. 

4 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The issue for me is Biden is just Clinton 2.0, the same attacks, pro the wars, in favour of the trade deals that took your jobs, will be used. The states that can swing the election suffered under Obama/Biden, which is a reason they went to Trump. Offering the voters the exact thing that lead to Trump, won't inspire them to go out to vote. IMO

But back then though he was offering them something different, the hope that he might change all that. Are any of those rust belt towns any better off for Trump's presidency? Did coal mining return en mass or has car production resumed in Detroit?  

He's got no dreams to sell anymore.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

But back then though he was offering them something different, the hope that he might change all that. Are any of those rust belt towns any better off for Trump's presidency? Did coal mining return en mass or has car production resumed in Detroit?  

He's got no dreams to sell anymore.

No he hasn't but the alternative is the same shit that they rejected previously. 

My concern is apathy, Trump will get his base out whereas Biden will get "pfff" what's the point.

Plus I think Biden will be destroyed in the debates, which will not help.