You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, skaro said:

Twitter is shit.  It should not be complaining about fucking anything.

It has created the (platform for) monsters.

It's the perfect place for cunts like Trump.

And obversely, the perfect place for people who hate cunts like Trump.

I had an account years back for a few weeks but soon binned it. All Social Media platforms are shit mate. It's just like a window to the World. If you glance out of your window from home and have a nice view you'll think, 'That's nice.' If you sat there all day looking out of the window you'd soon realise that things aren't quite so nice. 

8 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

"When the looting starts, the shooting starts" is just a way of saying "property is more important than human life".

He's a genuine psychopath. 

And a dumb one... otherwise he would have said the latter, rather than trying to sound like a B grade John Wayne.

Although in fairness, on Twitter, no one would probably have noticed "property is more important than human life" being said.

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I had an account years back for a few weeks but soon binned it. All Social Media platforms are shit mate. It's just like a window to the World. If you glance out of your window from home and have a nice view you'll think, 'That's nice.' If you sat there all day looking out of the window you'd soon realise that things aren't quite so nice. 

That's why we shouldn't waste our cloud-breath being indignant about what goes on there, G.

It's exactly what they want, and they weigh in with their own hypocritical indignation to fuel the fire.  And their profits.

19 minutes ago, SasaS said:

That is true, but my problem is, it is not Twitter's place to decide what the President of the US should or should not say, which is what they are doing with this.

Also, I am sure that of the millions of tweets written in support of the protestors in Minneapolis there must have been thousands that possibly crossed some line and can be classified as inciting and glorifying violence. Do we want Twitter sorting them out? Where does it ultimately end?

They are not deciding what the President can say.

Firstly, Donald Trump has two Twitter accounts: the POTUS one that comes with the job and his personal one that he's used for years.

Secondly, they haven't stopped him from saying anything.  Because misinformation is a major problem  - which, especially at a time of pandemic, can even lead to deaths - they have a mechanism to advise people to seek other sources of information.  They also have guidelines against things like hate speech and incitement to violence, which all users agree to abide by. Again, they're not stopping people from saying that shit, they're just signalling that it's not welcome on Twitter. 

(If any tweets re Minnesota incited violence, they are liable to being reported by other Twitter users and then sanctioned by Twitter  - just like we're seeing with Trump's personal account.)

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

They are not deciding what the President can say.

Firstly, Donald Trump has two Twitter accounts: the POTUS one that comes with the job and his personal one that he's used for years.

Secondly, they haven't stopped him from saying anything.  Because misinformation is a major problem  - which, especially at a time of pandemic, can even lead to deaths - they have a mechanism to advise people to seek other sources of information.  They also have guidelines against things like hate speech and incitement to violence, which all users agree to abide by. Again, they're not stopping people from saying that shit, they're just signalling that it's not welcome on Twitter. 

Twitter.  The concerned corporate citizens.  Bless them.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, skaro said:

That's why we shouldn't waste our cloud-breath being indignant about what goes on there, G.

It's exactly what they want, and they weigh in with their own hypocritical indignation to fuel the fire.  And their profits.

I actually don't mate, unless someone on here posts about it or a mate sends me an interesting link to a reputable tweeter. I prefer the birds that visit our garden.....or the cute ones with fit bodies who jog in the park with those skin tight Lycra.....better stop there. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

I actually don't mate, unless someone on here posts about it or a mate sends me an interesting link to a reputable tweeter. I prefer the birds that visit our garden.....or the cute ones with fit bodies who jog in the park with those skin tight Lycra.....better stop there. 

No, please continue....

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, skaro said:

No, please continue....

One of the pluses of Covid mate. There's loads of them underway due to the Gym's being closed, and as you know we have a huge Park that more or less runs the width of the City. Walking the dog is far better of late. 

17 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

His freedom of speech hasn't been impinged upon. The tweet about postal voting was posted. He's had his opinion voiced. In the interests of not wanting to be a platform that is seen as subverting democracy, Twitter have seen that a high profile politician is using their platform to potentially lie about the democratic process for their own benefit and, having left the tweet up, have posted a link to an alternative source of information on the subject discussed so that a balanced view has been offered and users csn make their minds up with access to ALL the information. 

His tweet about shooting looters is also still up. He's spoken. He's had his say. But, in doing so, he may have breached a condition of the platform he's decided to use to voice his views and that platform has hidden the content of his tweet, which can still be read by clicking on the warning. He's been subject to the terms and conditions of use and the consequences of breaching those conditions that every Twitter user accepts. If he thinks he's above the Twitter policies, he's always welcome to use another privately owned platform. But he'll be subject to their conditions of use too. 

Except he has not just signed up, he has been posting shit for years and "breaching their conditions" as did thousands of other users of all political and other ilk and denominations that are probably under Twitter's radar. It's clearly deliberate that they are now deciding to target his posts, so they are using it as a weapon. Don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but they have now suddenly remembered their terms and conditions. They are using it as a (probably) political weapon and I think this is wrong. Because tomorrow they, or Facebook, or whoever are going to use it against somebody else.

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

One of the pluses of Covid mate. There's loads of them underway due to the Gym's being closed, and as you know we have a huge Park that more or less runs the width of the City. Walking the dog is far better of late. 

I negged you, just to be politically correct.  No offence, G.

Could one of you sexist pigs do the honours and redress the balance with a green arrow?

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, skaro said:

I negged you, just to be politically correct.  No offence, G.

None taken. Cunt...

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Except he has not just signed up, he has been posting shit for years and "breaching their conditions" as did thousands of other users of all political and other ilk and denominations that are probably under Twitter's radar. It's clearly deliberate that they are now deciding to target his posts, so they are using it as a weapon. Don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but they have now suddenly remembered their terms and conditions. They are using it as a (probably) political weapon and I think this is wrong. Because tomorrow they, or Facebook, or whoever are going to use it against somebody else.

Is it more biased than a tv station choosing to fact check his bollocks?  Just because he’s got away with it until now doesn’t mean they can’t now.  Questions may be asked if it’s going to cut both ways, ie when people on the left spout bollocks.  But it’s their product.  If a few mentalists, decide to leave I doubt jack will care. 

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

It is a fair point that Trump has been lying on twitter for years, but maybe he hasn’t lied so obviously about the democratic process before?

Or been so inciting of violence before?

Maybe there are examples to prove otherwise?

I also think we’re well past the point of social media being needed to be treated as publishers. It’s a fucking shit show and they should be liable for letting known and anonymous users publish all sorts of untruths.

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Except he has not just signed up, he has been posting shit for years and "breaching their conditions" as did thousands of other users.... .... but they (Twitter) have now suddenly remembered their terms and conditions. 

As clear a Nazi as you are, SasaS, there is almost an immutable socially-just truth to this

3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

It is a fair point that Trump has been lying on twitter for years, but maybe he hasn’t lied so obviously about the democratic process before?

I also think we’re well past the point of social media being needed to be treated as publishers. It’s a fucking shit show and they should be liable for letting known and anonymous users publish all sorts of untruths.

Which is why them trying to pull up Trump now - and the warning/reprimand being taken seriously, or as sincerity - is, well, fucking risible.

17 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Pistons milkshake brings all the birds to the yard 

Guest Pistonbroke

I doubt that order Trump has signed will make it past the legal challenges. He's just giving more ammunition to those who know he's a petulant cunt, especially those outside of the USA. 

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Is it more biased than a tv station choosing to fact check his bollocks?  Just because he’s got away with it until now doesn’t mean they can’t now.  Questions may be asked if it’s going to cut both ways, ie when people on the left spout bollocks.  But it’s their product.  If a few mentalists, decide to leave I doubt jack will care. 

Twitter's right to disingenuousness and hypocrisy is sacred.

5 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Welcome to the planet Earth Mr. Jones. You didn't pick the best moment to visit, but do enjoy your stay.

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Re: the fact checked post, the policy was only brought in in March 2020. Twitter introduced a Civic Integrity Policy stating that they will provide an alternative/additional context to tweets relating to the 2020 Presidential Election which contain "synthetic or manipulated media."

I agree that they shouldn't have tolerated his past shit either. But, he's breached a new policy. Action has been taken. His opinion can still be seen. There's no issue. Twitter are a commercial entity. If they don't want to have their reputation damaged as being seen as a platform which allows politicians to spread incorrect information, they're entitled to take steps to do that. Trump can always set up his own website if he wants a platform to post misleading claims, without clarification. 

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Watch the vid. Mental.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/29/us/minneapolis-cnn-crew-arrested/index.html

A CNN crew has been arrested while covering Minneapolis protests

Madness. They didn't even recognise what the reporters were saying and gave no reason as to why they were being arrested, mmm.  'Land of the Free' my arse.