You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Karl_b said:

I would. I'm with Lee, this will just lead to a second term. I know this because everything I think shouldn't happen, does happen. 

If that's the case then it won't happen now, I like your thinking. 

I think it's backfired. The democrats were hoping that at best they'd uncover some damning evidence that would back the Republicans into a corner and at worst they would damage his re-election campaign. Unfortunately I think he'll make a drama out of the trial that will directly contribute to his re-election.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Radio this morning said Gallop poll had his rating up by 6%. 

He's going to cruise into a second term unless something huge happens.

Polls now are one thing, let's see what they look like after the Senate trials and once the election campaigns get under way. Not massively followed how accurate the Polls in the US are, so maybe's Howie can give us some insight on that. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Polls now are one thing, let's see what they look like after the Senate trials and once the election campaigns get under way. Not massively followed how accurate the Polls in the US are, so maybe's Howie can give us some insight on that. 

GET THE POLLS LEAKED!

3 hours ago, viRdjil said:

He’s a horrible person Trump. I think he’s an odious twat. However, he has yet to start any war so far, so you have to give him credit there.

I spent a while thinking the same, but when you look at stuff like this nothing has really got better :

Trump greatly escalated troop numbers, bombings & civilian casualties in Iraq, Syria & Afghanistan. Nearly quadrupled drone strikes & genocidal sanctions around the world as well as launched 2 far-right coups in Latin America. MIC loves his increased arms deals & military budget.

From Abby Martin here.

45 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Without anything hugely incriminating,  he's going to piss it.

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Without anything hugely incriminating,  he's going to piss it.

You may be right, but Elections are getting worse in the USA and the UK, it's like a fucking cunt competition and is going further and further away from what politics should be about. So you never know mate. 

Donnie Jr is a complete tool. 

As for the polls - wouldn't read too much into them now. His approval rating has been at historic lows so a bounce would still have him in low territory - he should be guaranteed 45% at any time yet it is his highest rating ever.

The thing to watch is not the impeachment -- it is the Supreme Court ruling on his taxes. If they overturn two lower court rulings (and rule against all previous understanding of subpeona power) then the shit will really hit the fan as it would certainly make the SCOTUS seem partisian. That's a big problem. 

Racist, far-Right conspiracy theorists - Trump's base, really - are being encouraged to get angry at "the Jews" over this impeachment. 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/jew-coup-the-anti-semitic-conspiracy-theories-surrounding-trumps-impeachment/

Armed and angry racists are pretty fucking scary.