You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Are they protesting Denny's?

That was great, I keep laughing at the other guy too (have seen it a few times now) when he says : "Oh these people are Nazis? So what do they have against us? I mean we're for... I mean we're not..." Like he's had to stop himself from saying something that might not have worked out too well, haha.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

1oaog6.jpg

Got the Dog covered, now just need the pony

You'll be so pissed when your missus sees this and gets you a My Little Pony for Christmas. 

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:34, TheHowieLama said:

I am pretty sure you know very little about him and you may not have your finger on the pulse of American politics.

Just a guess based on your posting past.

Moof is an expert on the politics of every country in the world, mate. With an emphasis on the Americas. South, the US, Canada, etc... Guy knows it all.

52 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Moof is an expert on the politics of every country in the world, mate. With an emphasis on the Americas. South, the US, Canada, etc... Guy knows it all.

You don’t have to be an expert to work out that a billionaire who owns a large proportion of that country’s media is not a good guy to run for president, you absolute simpleton. 

Knock this embarrassing shit off, please. 

1 hour ago, moof said:

You don’t have to be an expert to work out that a billionaire who owns a large proportion of that country’s media is not a good guy to run for president, you absolute simpleton. 

Knock this embarrassing shit off, please. 

What's with the insults? I'm complimenting your impressive, unbelievably wide-ranging knowledge of politics. Just in awe that you can form an educated opinion about so many situations and politicians in so many countries. 

16 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

What's with the insults? I'm complimenting your impressive, unbelievably wide-ranging knowledge of politics. Just in awe that you can form an educated opinion about so many situations and politicians in so many countries. 

Cut this shit out soft lad 

• Upvote 2

For what it's worth, I listen to a fair bit of US news, and of the 6 or 7 channels I get, his is the only one that appears unbiased. 

And by unbiased, I don't mean the one that caters to my biases, but the one that clearly attempts to look at the current political situation in the US from various viewpoints.

Granted, it's a business channel, but it covers, of necessity, the political situation as well.

What that says about him personally is a little difficult to gauge.

But he is clearly a person who has accomplished a lot, both as a businessperson and a politician. 

If the polls say he has the best chance to beat Trump, he's the one I hope they pick.

13 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

For what it's worth, I listen to a fair bit of US news, and of the 6 or 7 channels I get, his is the only one that appears unbiased. 

And by unbiased, I don't mean the one that caters to my biases, but the one that clearly attempts to look at the current political situation in the US from various viewpoints.

Granted, it's a business channel, but it covers, of necessity, the political situation as well.

What that says about him personally is a little difficult to gauge.

But he is clearly a person who has accomplished a lot, both as a businessperson and a politician. 

If the polls say he has the best chance to beat Trump, he's the one I hope they pick.

I don’t think the polls say that, and I don’t think that’s a sound basis for choosing him over any of the other candidates who have a better record and better political instincts that poll well against trump. 

it’s also interesting to me that you find his news network to be “unbiased” - as that’s wildly different to my experience. 

my thoughts are that if we end up with a Trump vs Bloomberg election, it would be an absolute disaster for the prospect of democracy in that region and globally. 

saw a nice article earlier in the intercept 

https://theintercept.com/2019/11/25/michael-bloombergs-right-wing-views-on-foreign-policy-make-him-a-perfect-candidate-for-the-republican-nomination/