You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Donald has clarified the "fake news" reporting of his Tim Apple slip up. 

Although he gave two separate accounts which contradict each other. 

He's claimed that he said "Tim Cook, Apple" but that he said "Cook" very quickly and quietly so that it wasn't picked up properly by the mics. 

He also claimed that he said "Tim Apple" but that he meant it to be like "Tim/Apple" as he wanted to save words and time. 

I mean, how thin skinned do you have to be to make such silly lies about a fairly trivial mistake? He's a pathological liar. Who can't admit to doing anything wrong. 

My favourite "Trump refuses to admit that he isn't perfect" moment was when he was trying to win over Christians during the campaign.

He was asked during an interview with some pastor or something whether he "asked for forgiveness" at all. It was a total softball question, all he had to do was say "yes, I find comfort in forgiveness" or something. I mean, we all know he doesn't believe any of it but it was important for the optics that he said something like that.

Instead he comes out with this "no, I don't really ask for forgiveness" line which is sort of the exact opposite of everything Jesus is about. Utterly bizzare.

Edit: found this video. He blathers on about his favourite pastor (also a man who paid almost no attention to the actual Bible but was instead a psychologist quack) but the interviewer tries to pin him down at about 1:20. "I don't really bring God into that picture." Like, what do you think Christianity is FOR, then?

Because the situation isn't bad enough as it is......

I don’t think another vote would be possible because it would be very unfair to the people that won. They’d say” ‘What do you mean, you’re going to take another vote?’ So that would be tough.

I thought it would happen, it did happen, and both sides are very, very cemented in. It’s a tough situation. It’s a shame.

There was no reason for that to happen. They could have had the vote and it should have gone smoothly and unfortunately it didn’t.

I’m surprised at how badly it’s all gone from the standpoint of a negotiation. I gave the prime minister my ideas on how to negotiate it and I think you would have been successful. She didn’t listen to that and that’s fine - she’s got to do what she’s got to do. I think it could have been negotiated in a different manner, frankly. I hate to see everything being ripped apart now.

On 12/03/2019 at 09:25, Nelly-Torres said:

I mean, how thin skinned do you have to be to make such silly lies about a fairly trivial mistake? He's a pathological liar. Who can't admit to doing anything wrong. 

Him and SD. Born Slippy.  

• Downvote 1

Haha :

This is looking increasingly dodgy now. Organized campaigns from right wingers to paint both the main UK and US left wing parties as corrupted by anti-Semitism and to make out like huge amounts of Jews are having to, or should, leave because of it. All because a few in those parties support Palestinians. What a fucking joke. In the US this was almost instantly called out for what it is (maybe in part because of the well known influence of AIPAC and those willing to speak out), shame it's worked so well over here though.

So the left wingers are the anti-Semites while the right wingers are using Jews as pawns in their political games to try and maintain power. Hmm, ok.

"While Democrats' campaign launches have sucked up national attention, President Trump's re-election campaign has quietly spent nearly twice as much as the entire Democratic field combined on Facebook and Google ads, according to data from Facebook and Google's political ad transparency reports, aggregated by Bully Pulpit Interactive.

Why it matters: Political advertising strategists say that this level of ad spend on digital platforms this early in the campaign season is unprecedented. The data (captured between December 2018 and now) provides a window into the Trump campaign's 2020 strategy, which until now has been virtually invisible aside from a few rallies."

https://www.axios.com/another-trump-facebook-election-2020-5bb5ae11-23e4-42d9-8bc3-6cfa3289f970.html

https://2020campaigntracker.com/

Greenwald has been going at the media since the report was handed in along with several others that believed the Russia/Trump collusion to get him elected story was a load of crap from the off. This clip sums up some of the complete madness that's been going on for so long. Maybe the media can now focus a little more on actual news instead of so much bullshit.