You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

25 minutes ago, Aggers Elbow said:

I saw some harriden from the ladies for Trump organization on a US show. Fuck. Even more deluded than  he is. "The humour was deliberate and the speech was well received" . No contact with reality at all. Its stopped being funny and is getting scary.

It's been coming for years though, you only have to watch Louis Theroux stuff going back decades. Lots of yanks are proper doolally, I don't know why, I'm sure PHDs and shit have been done on it.

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

His current press conference in New York is absolutely crazy. Just the inane ramblings of a mentally ill madman. 

Just logged in to post the same thing. Car crash TV at its finest. I’ve been glued to it for the last half hour and he hasn’t managed to answer one question. Totally and utterly batshit mental. 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Just logged in to post the same thing. Car crash TV at its finest. I’ve been glued to it for the last half hour and he hasn’t managed to answer one question. Totally and utterly batshit mental. 

It's mad. It's funny and scary at the same time. Somebody has to do something. He's clearly mentally unwell. 

It's boss.

"A woman stood up at an event and asked what I was going to do about this place called Idlib. I'd never heard of it. I picked up the failing new York Times - because it is failing - and they had this same story. So I told Pompeo and Bolton to stop it and we did. And do you know? I get lots of Syrians coming up to me and thanking me."

"That was fake news. The UN weren't laughing at me they were laughing with me, we had a great time."

I'm in genuine stitches, the man's amazing.

Just now, Section_31 said:

"I think there's going to be a two state deal (Israel and Palestine) but it's difficult because it's a real estate deal".

It's just breathtaking stuff. He's utterly batshit.

Were you watching earlier when he said Obama was ready to go to war in North Korea and Trump being elected and meeting with Kim Jong-Un prevented WW3 and saved millions of lives?

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Were you watching earlier when he said Obama was ready to go to war in North Korea and Trump being elected and meeting with Kim Jong-Un prevented WW3 and saved millions of lives?

Nah I missed that. He's genuinely mentally ill though. Murdoch's fox news and the republicans are the real problem. This is some weekend at bernies shit.

I'm not a fan of Trump. 

However, I understand his anti globalisation stance. Unfortunately there's not a damn thing he can do about it. Not only has globalisation just about destroyed the US economy, it's arguably done the same to the whole of The Western world.

Decades of short sighted profit bingeing by Corporations (by giving the means of production to China and Asia) but not curtailing consumer spending, has meant that the gap between incomes and spending has been filled with the largest amount of Government and household debt the western world has ever seen.

He (erroneously) thinks protectionism and production will turn it all around, but China (and it's relationships) are now far too powerful, and I don't see how the yanks will be able to compete. Hell, my country can't compete, Britain can't compete...and Europe clings to it's protectionist mass market, but individually, European corporations do deals with Russia and China - example: Total (French) have a 25% stake in the new Russian Gas fields and pipeline - Danish ships carry Russian gas through the arctic circle to China, as the ice recedes in record quantities....

So we have a political system that says one thing, and we have a very real global economy headed by private corps doing something completely different.

Trump probably has many regrets, but becoming president would be the biggest. To think he actually had an idea that he could change anything.

28 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

I'm not a fan of Trump. 

However, I understand his anti globalisation stance. Unfortunately there's not a damn thing he can do about it. Not only has globalisation just about destroyed the US economy, it's arguably done the same to the whole of The Western world.

Decades of short sighted profit bingeing by Corporations (by giving the means of production to China and Asia) but not curtailing consumer spending, has meant that the gap between incomes and spending has been filled with the largest amount of Government and household debt the western world has ever seen.

He (erroneously) thinks protectionism and production will turn it all around, but China (and it's relationships) are now far too powerful, and I don't see how the yanks will be able to compete. Hell, my country can't compete, Britain can't compete...and Europe clings to it's protectionist mass market, but individually, European corporations do deals with Russia and China - example: Total (French) have a 25% stake in the new Russian Gas fields and pipeline - Danish ships carry Russian gas through the arctic circle to China, as the ice recedes in record quantities....

So we have a political system that says one thing, and we have a very real global economy headed by private corps doing something completely different.

Trump probably has many regrets, but becoming president would be the biggest. To think he actually had an idea that he could change anything.

You credit him with having original ideas?

He has zero insight into how the simplest mechanisms work

I'm just watching a re-run of the press conference. It's hard to believe that it's not an Alexie Sayle-like parody act from the Edinburgh festival or something similar. For anyone with the slightest doubt that he is the most unsuitable man for office coffee/coffeefee making duties, never mind POTUS, you need to see this with your own eyes. All our lives and that of our children are in his (tiny) hands.

7 hours ago, SammyAftershave said:

I'm just watching a re-run of the press conference. It's hard to believe that it's not an Alexie Sayle-like parody act from the Edinburgh festival or something similar. For anyone with the slightest doubt that he is the most unsuitable man for office coffee/coffeefee making duties, never mind POTUS, you need to see this with your own eyes. All our lives and that of our children are in his (tiny) hands.

The Guardian’s ‘Long Read’ this morning is unbelievable. 

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/sep/27/this-guy-doesnt-know-anything-the-inside-story-of-trumps-shambolic-transition-team

56 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

More gems from last night:

(Trump talking about himself) "China has great respect for Donald Trump, and for his very, very large brain".

Last Christmas, my 3 year-old nephew (looking adorable and cute with his skinny little arms poking out of his vest) was getting his presents out from under the tree. I offered to lift one of the bigger ones out for him and he said "No. It's OK.  I've got big muscles."

No doubt China has respect for Jack and his very, very large muscles.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

More gems from last night:

(Trump talking about himself) "China has great respect for Donald Trump, and for his very, very large brain".

Talking to a kurdish journalist. "Are you kurdish? Great people, lovely people, let's hear from Mr Kurd". 

It’s better than that. He said: “very very large, a brain”. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Section_31 said:

"I think there's going to be a two state deal (Israel and Palestine) but it's difficult because it's a real estate deal".

It's just breathtaking stuff. He's utterly batshit.

A real estate deal, in which whoever has most money gets the land. 

That explains a lot.