You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

No I haven’t said any such thing and I am sure the truth will out. After all I am sure the FBI had valid reasons for the Russian collusion investigation and I wonder how the FBI and media would have reacted if the owner of that laptop had the surname Trump.

You do realize how that turned out right?

9 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Didn’t Mueller (sp?) find no evidence that Trump was involved but Russia did try and influence and that Hilary Clinton’s lawyer should be prosecuted.

No. He specifically stated that Trump couldn't be absolved and would be open to further prosecution after he left office.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

No. He specifically stated that Trump couldn't be absolved and would be open to further prosecution after he left office.

I read this

The special counsel found that Russia did interfere with the election, but “did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple efforts from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign.”

As far as obstruction, the Mueller report laid out facts on both sides but did not reach a conclusion. Barr’s letter said that “the Special Counsel states that ‘while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.’”

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Sources at the Pentagon say he's going to be grand juried in the morning and put in the state Pen with Purple Aki who was arrested on vacation for feeling the muscles of Latino men on Venice Beach without written permission, he will then be bummed to death. Nobody will know more about being bummed to death than him, it's beautiful.

Purps only goes for muscles. No way he sullies his rep with that mound of jelly.

6 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

I read this

The special counsel found that Russia did interfere with the election, but “did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple efforts from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign.”

As far as obstruction, the Mueller report laid out facts on both sides but did not reach a conclusion. Barr’s letter said that “the Special Counsel states that ‘while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.’”

He testified in Congress after that conclusion and has spoke about it many times since. He was never going to charge a sitting President, he said that from the beginning as he believed it to be un Constitutional and therefore not an option. Which is why - according to him, he included the part about Trump being charged with a crime after he left office.

The fellas who pled guilty/were convicted as a result were not so lucky eh?

TBH I never heard any of the comments from him on Clinton's lawyer - where is that?

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

He testified in Congress after that conclusion and has spoke about it many times since. He was never going to charge a sitting President, he said that from the beginning as he believed it to be un Constitutional and therefore not an option. Which is why - according to him, he included the part about Trump being charged with a crime after he left office.

The fellas who pled guilty/were convicted as a result were not so lucky eh?

TBH I never heard any of the comments from him on Clinton's lawyer - where is that?

Sussman was actually found not guilty. This was an interesting article

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/23/again-theres-no-evidence-hillary-clinton-triggered-russia-probe/

I think Trump is fucked this time. If he’s been caught with unclassified documents, I think that’s very hard to wriggle out of, unless it’s a technicality. 

Apparently the last Americans who tired to sell nuclear secrets in the 50’s got the death penalty for treason. That’s how serious they’ll take this.

If found guilty, it wouldn’t surprise me if he gets house arrest for the rest of his life, which given how grand his house is in Florida, it could be worse.

He’s saying that he had a standing order which meant any docs he took home were declassified until he took them back.  As he was the ultimate authority on what was classified no one else can dictate that to him.  

But surely that authority ended the minute he stopped being President.  His magic powers disappeared. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

He’s saying that he had a standing order which meant any docs he took home were declassified until he took them back.  As he was the ultimate authority on what was classified no one else can dictate that to him.  

But surely that authority ended the minute he stopped being President.  His magic powers disappeared. 

But... I thought Deep State agents working for the so-called FBI had planted the documents.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Apparently even a current president cannot declassify top secret documents so that defence won't work if they found anything top secret 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

That sounds like the sort of thing an idiot would believe if after a lot of drinks a really bad lawyer drunkenly claimed it was a technically-sound defence for leaving the WH with any documents he liked.  At that point they should have laughed about how silly it was. Instead, Trump started making a fucking list. 

It's the classic thing Dom Cummings did, exploited conventions to the point that the law buckles under the sheet stupidity of these libertarian fuckwits. 

I'm annoyed the FBI were called.  The Seals should have been told to recover stolen military intel.  

Also interesting to see Tucker Carlson is absent from FOX. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1