You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 hours ago, halewood pete said:

Just watching Stevie wonder,a musical history now on telly,It was recorded a few weeks ago from BBC 4,Two fantastic albums you mentioned there. 

I’ll have a look for that.

The dude is peerless, MPG was a brilliant song writer / singer, but Stevie has that plus he can play pretty much anything he needs. Those 70’s consciousness albums are stupidly good. I’ve downloaded a shit load of the classic albums series to watch again, seeing him and hearing the people he works with on it, the respect one brilliant musicians have for his skills is superb. 
seen him live once, hopefully will get to see him again.

7 hours ago, Mudface said:

It seems the 'plan', such as it is, is to go off early figures and try and claim he's won before the counts are finished. The Republican vote apparently mostly happens on the election day, whereas Democrats are more likely to vote by mail than Republicans, and the mail ballots mostly won't get counted until the next day/ week.

The problem for him is not only that it's a load of bollocks and he can't just claim victory and everything will stop then and there, but there have already been getting on for 100 million early votes as well, so it's highly doubtful he'll appear to be ahead in any of the swing states he needs. The most likely effect is going to be getting his dickhead supporters riled up than actually being able to steal the election.

The point about him being unable to declare victory is off. Fox did this on behalf of Bush in 2001, this shit puts VAR in the shade for getting away with daylight robbery.

8 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

The point about him being unable to declare victory is off. Fox did this on behalf of Bush in 2001, this shit puts VAR in the shade for getting away with daylight robbery.

Well, he and Fox can declare what they like, until the votes are all counted and ratified it won't be official- the 2000 election wasn't decided until December after recounts and a court case. He's just trying to curtail counting of mail in ballots as they're likely to lean towards the Democrats, get his knuckledraggers riled up so he can spring a load of law suits to try and get various votes discounted.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Fucking amazing

Pompeo is now making statements about getting ready for the second term. I think there maybe a possibility of shut extending out a bit yet, Coup in the USA - not sure Springsteen would sanction it, not sure it would matter.

https://www.vox.com/2020/11/10/21558957/mike-pompeo-2020-election-trump-administration

Biden has not been elected president yet. The Electoral College does that on Des 14th. Only when they’ve elected Biden I’ll feel safe.

Just look at this possible scenario. (Extracts of article found on the internet by American citizen Daniel Heck). I’d like to add it’s unlikely this could happen, but still a worry for me.

Trump’s main path to victory isn’t about treating the courts as courts, but is instead about using them as a stage for yet another round of Trumpian political theater. Insofar as other prominent GOP elites humor his absurdly unwarranted claim that he “has won this election by a lot”, he has a chance to generate grassroots pressure for a range of legislative and executive maneuvers. Here’s one possibility among many: The Republican-controlled state legislatures in places like Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Michigan can decide to send non-representative slates of electors to the Electoral College. Of course, they wouldn’t frame it that way. Instead, they might say something like this: “We’ve decided that the mail-in ballots are too contentious and impossible to evaluate fairly, and so we’re just going to go with the in-person vote this year.” That might not be the exact approach, but the basic idea is that Trump loyalists in these legislatures would have just enough smoke to offer a superficially sane-sounding rationale for ignoring the popular vote in their state. State law is what determines how electors are appointed, and those laws can change if legislatures decide to change them. It has been reported by some that this sort of thing is not only possible, but that work has gone into planning a systematic assault on the election and transition process.

I think Trump will make way for Biden, but the worry is that he's basically cruel and vindictive, he's such an absolute cunt that if he was a film character he'd be considered one dimensional in that there's seemingly nothing driving him to be a cunt, other than the fact he simply enjoys it. He's spent the last four years trying to tear up Obama's legacy simply 'because'. Apparently that Russian brouhaha in the Moscow hotel involved two whores being instructed to piss on the bed that the Obama's slept in during an official visit. That's the calibre of human being you're dealing with.

The fact the Nuclear bird has stepped down in  the States and he's fired his defence secretary seems to indicate they were pushing back against something he was planning.  

I really wouldn't be surprised to see him launch some sort of foreign policy calamity purely to mire the country in some hell so he can sit back and laugh a few months from now in his golf resort. 

You're either with Trump or you're against him, and right now the American people are in the shitpile as far as he's concerned. They're losers, and losers deserve shit. 

Anyone who enables him now and over the next eight weeks should be considered a traitor IMO. You're either loyal to the United States or you're loyal to Trump, you can't be both.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think Trump will make way for Biden, but the worry is that he's basically cruel and vindictive, he's such an absolute cunt that if he was a film character he'd be considered one dimensional in that there's seemingly nothing driving him to be a cunt, other than the fact he simply enjoys it. He's spent the last four years trying to tear up Obama's legacy simply 'because'. Apparently that Russian brouhaha in the Moscow hotel involved two whores being instructed to piss on the bed that the Obama's slept in during an official visit. That's the calibre of human being you're dealing with.

The fact the Nuclear bird has stepped down in  the States and he's fired his defence secretary seems to indicate they were pushing back against something he was planning.  

I really wouldn't be surprised to see him launch some sort of foreign policy calamity purely to mire the country in some hell so he can sit back and laugh a few months from now in his golf resort. 

You're either with Trump or you're against him, and right now the American people are in the shitpile as far as he's concerned. They're losers, and losers deserve shit. 

Anyone who enables him now and over the next eight weeks should be considered a traitor IMO. You're either loyal to the United States or you're loyal to Trump, you can't be both.

Possibly. I'd still add the motivation behind it: the idea that he's being as obstructive and vindictive as possible so that the architecture of the GOP and Joe Biden will reach out to him and say "fucking hell man, what is it you want from us to make you just go" and he can name his price (probably the promise of no future legal action taken against him but who the fuck knows). It's his MO - gambling with other people's capital and passing it off as 'dealmaking'.

He is a narcissist. I'm surprised his mental health is not more widely questioned.

And the trouble with full blown narcissists is that the universe revolves around them. From his point of view, the presidency is his. It will have to be taken from him.

I do find it ironic that the one President (in my lifetime at least) who is clearly a danger to the American people is the one that doesn't seem to have ever had any assassination threats/attempts made on his life. 

I guess all those likely to perpetrate such an act are all hard core drumpfists.

As I say, shoot the cunt and lets move on to berating Biden & Harris as is the norm.  

16 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Other than the lady obstructing his access to classified documents, I reckon Biden wont worry too much unless all of this drifts beyond the 14th of December when the official stamp is put on things.

When (or if) the Electoral College elects Biden as president on Dec 14th I expect even the cowards of the GOP will ackowledge his victory leavingt DT alone if he continues to rebel.

The worry, slight worry I'll add, is if DT and his yes-men could disrupt this and not appoint Biden as president on Dec 14th. I don't think they'll be able to, but I'm not 100% confident.

The situation now ticks all the boxes of an autocratic attempt of coup d'etat.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

The worry for their security services and their allies will be what secrets the cunt spouts once he's finally out of office. If the US security services have got their heads screwed on they should be plotting his earthly exit as we speak. 

I think once all the recounts and court cases have been resolved, He'll be told in no uncertain terms to go or else.