You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I watched the final episode of The Trump Snow on BBC2 last night and he actually believes he was put in the position of president by God. Probably to do with all the right wing preachers he’s surrounded himself with.

I doubt he does actually believe that. In fact I doubt he really believes in God at all. It's all pandering to the Christian voters.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Donny has gone mad... He's up to 1000% matching now. I've had about 10 emails off the cunts today. 

That's just a fucking big scam. Where does it say they will times any donation by 1000% of in dollars. 

Increase your impact could be twisted to mean anything they want. There is no fucking way he, or anyone connected with him are stumping up that kind of mark up on donations. 

1 minute ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I doubt he does actually believe that. In fact I doubt he really believes in God at all. It's all pandering to the Christian voters.

That's just a fucking big scam. Where does it say they will times any donation by 1000% of in dollars. 

Increase your impact could be twisted to mean anything they want. There is no fucking way he, or anyone connected with him are stumping up that kind of mark up on donations. 

Interesting you mention that mate. He's been spamming me for 12 months. Up until 23rd October his mails always said the contribution was matched (well the ones I bothered to look at). Since then, he's changed the phrase from match to this xxx% impact. Which obviously doesn't quite mean the same. 

The Village People classic, YMCA, is regularly played at Donald Trump's campaign rallies - with the US president often seen dancing to it.

But the disco group's lead singer, Victor Willis, told BBC World News America that he does not endorse Mr Trump - and has even asked him to stop playing their music.

Can they not find a couple decent tunes by artists that support him? What about all these rappers coming out of the woodwork - throw some Ice Cube on at one these shindigs.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The Village People classic, YMCA, is regularly played at Donald Trump's campaign rallies - with the US president often seen dancing to it.

But the disco group's lead singer, Victor Willis, told BBC World News America that he does not endorse Mr Trump - and has even asked him to stop playing their music.

Can they not find a couple decent tunes by artists that support him? What about all these rappers coming out of the woodwork - throw some Ice Cube on at one these shindigs.

I'm sure his fellow NWA wouldn't mind Trump coming on to Straight Outta Compton, and finishing with a nice boogie to Fuck Tha Police. If not, maybe just go with No Vaseline.

Tonight @ 9:00 pm on BBC 2

Totally Under Control: Trump and Covid-19

Filmed during lockdown, this investigative documentary made by Academy Award® winning filmmaker Alex Gibney (Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room), with co-directors Ophelia Harutyunyan and Suzanne Hillinger, includes revealing testimonies from public health officials and senior White House staff, exposing a system-wide collapse. With the US election just around the corner, the film scrutinises the US response compared with South Korea, and how they handled the virus. On January 20th, 2020 both countries discovered their first cases of Covid-19. Since then, however, the novel Coronavirus has claimed the lives of over 220,000* Americans, while only claiming 447* lives in South Korea (*at the time of publication).It will be a generation before we know the full extent of the damage wrought by this pandemic, but Totally Under Control: Trump and Covid-19 will stand as the definitive account of the Trump’s administration’s strongly criticised response in the face of this global pandemic.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Tonight @ 9:00 pm on BBC 2

Totally Under Control: Trump and Covid-19

Filmed during lockdown, this investigative documentary made by Academy Award® winning filmmaker Alex Gibney (Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room), with co-directors Ophelia Harutyunyan and Suzanne Hillinger, includes revealing testimonies from public health officials and senior White House staff, exposing a system-wide collapse. With the US election just around the corner, the film scrutinises the US response compared with South Korea, and how they handled the virus. On January 20th, 2020 both countries discovered their first cases of Covid-19. Since then, however, the novel Coronavirus has claimed the lives of over 220,000* Americans, while only claiming 447* lives in South Korea (*at the time of publication).It will be a generation before we know the full extent of the damage wrought by this pandemic, but Totally Under Control: Trump and Covid-19 will stand as the definitive account of the Trump’s administration’s strongly criticised response in the face of this global pandemic.

I think I started watching that on Kodi the other night. I’m not 100% sure because I fell asleep after about 30 seconds. There were a few recent pro-Trump ones on there under the Movies>Documentary section of the usual add-ons too. 

This is going to get messy, isn't it?

'Axios, citing three anonymous sources, is reporting that Donald Trump plans to ignore the actual results of the election and declare victory if the early results show him “ahead.”

Trump has privately talked through this scenario in some detail in the last few weeks, describing plans to walk up to a podium on election night and declare he has won.

For this to happen, his allies expect he would need to either win or have commanding leads in Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, Texas, Iowa, Arizona and Georgia.

In response to a request for comment, Trump campaign’s communications director, Tim Murtaugh, told Axios: “This is nothing but people trying to create doubt about a Trump victory. When he wins, he’s going to say so.”'

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I think I started watching that on Kodi the other night. I’m not 100% sure because I fell asleep after about 30 seconds. There were a few recent pro-Trump ones on there under the Movies>Documentary section of the usual add-ons too. 

Yeah I put this on the Covid thread. Its shocking.

28 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This is going to get messy, isn't it?

'Axios, citing three anonymous sources, is reporting that Donald Trump plans to ignore the actual results of the election and declare victory if the early results show him “ahead.”

Trump has privately talked through this scenario in some detail in the last few weeks, describing plans to walk up to a podium on election night and declare he has won.

For this to happen, his allies expect he would need to either win or have commanding leads in Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, Texas, Iowa, Arizona and Georgia.

In response to a request for comment, Trump campaign’s communications director, Tim Murtaugh, told Axios: “This is nothing but people trying to create doubt about a Trump victory. When he wins, he’s going to say so.”'

To be honest, the circus that surrounds him is fascinating. I find it compulsive viewing. I watch loads of the live rally stuff and White House press conferences. They're fucking batshit crazy.

If might be funny, if it wasn't for the tens of thousands of people dying as a result of the craziness.

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

To be honest, the circus that surrounds him is fascinating. I find it compulsive viewing. I watch loads of the live rally stuff and White House press conferences. They're fucking batshit crazy.

If might be funny, if it wasn't for the tens of thousands of people dying as a result of the craziness.

Here in the good old us of a, we do fascism, we’ll do the best god damn fascism ever.

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I had a good listen to songs in the key of life and innervision tonight. Nearly 50 years later and shit is showing more signs of regression in the so called developed world than ever. And things won’t change until the middle get squeezed and fucking squeezed out of their comfort zone.

5 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It seems the 'plan', such as it is, is to go off early figures and try and claim he's won before the counts are finished. The Republican vote apparently mostly happens on the election day, whereas Democrats are more likely to vote by mail than Republicans, and the mail ballots mostly won't get counted until the next day/ week.

The problem for him is not only that it's a load of bollocks and he can't just claim victory and everything will stop then and there, but there have already been getting on for 100 million early votes as well, so it's highly doubtful he'll appear to be ahead in any of the swing states he needs. The most likely effect is going to be getting his dickhead supporters riled up than actually being able to steal the election.

1 hour ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

I had a good listen to songs in the key of life and innervision tonight. Nearly 50 years later and shit is showing more signs of regression in the so called developed world than ever. And things won’t change until the middle get squeezed and fucking squeezed out of their comfort zone.

Just watching Stevie wonder,a musical history now on telly,It was recorded a few weeks ago from BBC 4,Two fantastic albums you mentioned there.