You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Back to Bush yes, only to point out some influential cabinet members had both expertise and were black - certainly not 40 years ago.

The reality is this is the first "social media" administration and that is why it has been able to both cause the chaos and polarize the electorate to the magnitude we see today.

On 13/10/2020 at 11:41, AngryofTuebrook said:

Just looking at the forecast tracker on Fivethirtyeight for 2016, the numbers for this time of year were pretty similar to what they are now.

The cunt could still win this.  Clinton's lead evaporated after Comey announced the investigation into the emails (on 28th October).  There's still time for someone to drop some shit on Biden.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/ 

hip hop law states, you can’t use the phrase drop some shit without a little bit of Rahzel.

13 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Not as fucking mental as the morons who vote for him

I have a problem with this viewpoint and that unctuous prick Simon Evans was tooting a similar tune on the news Quiz last week.

Something along the lines of what do you expect from extending the franchise to all, you are going to get monster truck idiots voting for Trump.

its fucking dishonest and shows (on his part) how little fucking respect some people have for the working class and poor, who, don’t forget, have only had the vote for ~100 years.

it’s problematic in 2 ways, firstly it lays all the blame of voting for Trump/Johnson/Bolsonaro et al at the foot of others - never mind the rich fuckers who vote for and actually gain from the right wing bastards who get elected, it neglects the part of the centrist who will accept anything bar a social Democrat in power.

also it fails to take into account the paucity of information and levels of disinformation given to the voting public via the media (who by and larger look to the right even if that is just the inside right side of the line). With such asymmetric levels of information, to continue to pour blame down is a fucking shithouse tactic.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Duff Man said:

But that's the whole point. Whatever the comparative intellects of the people around these presidents, the resultant policy - the stuff that actually matters - isn't really all that different, and in some of the cases where it is, such as foreign policy, you can quite easily make the case that it's actually been better under Trump. Kushner clowning around in the middle east with Tonty, making peace deals that nobody will sign, is far more preferable than 20 year wars that result in widescale death, destruction, and destabilisation. And as for old Colin, he could have had an intellect of 160 or more, for all it mattered; the fucker still went to the UN and tried to bullshit them into signing off on a war he knew was predicated on a massive honking lie.

I'll grant you Trump is a step-change in terms of rhetoric, and whipping up his base, but Reagan was just as gratuitous in private: he referred to African diplomats as monkeys on a phone call to Nixon, for instance. The fact that he was a little better at hiding his racism doesn't mean he wasn't just as racist.

The shit Trump causes in the Middle East has yet to be fully seen. Moving the embassy is an ar

6 hours ago, halewood pete said:

And we took the piss out of Theresa May dancing!

The village people the only people not to have told him to fuck off from using their tunes? Or is he reaching out to the proud boys?

6 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

The shit Trump causes in the Middle East has yet to be fully seen. Moving the embassy is an ar

The village people the only people not to have told him to fuck off from using their tunes? Or is he reaching out to the proud boys?

Maybe, but come on, I think we can safely say the consequences won't be anywhere near as disastrous or far reaching as the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan.

35 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Maybe, but come on, I think we can safely say the consequences won't be anywhere near as disastrous or far reaching as the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Apologies DuffMan, I was gonna respond and then fucked it off as it’s a hornets nest debating the Middle East, and I didn’t think it was the right conversation to get in on, which is why it has the pirate stylings at the end.

then I responded to someone else and Usher’s hamsters stuck it back in at the top.

• Like 1

Just now, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Apologies DuffMan, I was gonna respond and then fucked it off as it’s a hornets nest debating the Middle East, and I didn’t think it was the right conversation to get in on, which is why it has the pirate stylings at the end.

then I responded to someone else and Usher’s hamsters stuck it back in at the top.

No worries mate.

Twitter has suspended a network of accounts claiming to be owned by Black supporters of Donald Trump and his re-election campaign due to spam and platform manipulation, it said Tuesday.

The company is investigating the activity and may suspend additional similar accounts if they are found to be violating its policies, a spokesperson said.

The Washington Post first reported on the investigation, citing more than a dozen accounts using identical, inauthentic language including the phrase: “YES IM BLACK AND IM VOTING FOR TRUMP!!!”

I know we dare not dream yet, but doesn't it feel like Trump isn't that arsed at the moment? Apparently he's not running ads in some battleground states because his campaign 'doesn't have the money', but surely he could get it if he wanted to? 

It's got a 'cut your losses' vibe about it, like a procession. 

45 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I know we dare not dream yet, but doesn't it feel like Trump isn't that arsed at the moment? Apparently he's not running ads in some battleground states because his campaign 'doesn't have the money', but surely he could get it if he wanted to? 

It's got a 'cut your losses' vibe about it, like a procession. 

It's pretty much the Trumpy MO - when things are good he is the man in charge - things go tits up he looks for a quick exit and blames the other guy. It's not like it hasn't happened dozens of times.