You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

What would that mean if he then went on and won the election? Or by resign, do they mean if he gets voted out he'll accept the result, then resign before the handover of power in order to get a pardon from pence? 

Yeah, this is one of the scenarios that those in the know think what may happen. A fucking get out of jail free card for the cunt. I don't know if a blanket pardon can be given, as presidential pardons, i think, can only be given for federal matters and not internal state matters which could give the new York state attorney a chance to nail the fucker

I'd love to see Trump in jail but history suggest those who are connected and powerful rarely receive punishment. Wouldn't the Republican party be dragged into any complicity and that's before we get into setting a precedent for an American President being punished. 

I mean we know Ford pardoned Nixon after Watergate is that where this is whole alternative version of events is coming from. 

7 hours ago, niallers said:

Yeah, this is one of the scenarios that those in the know think what may happen. A fucking get out of jail free card for the cunt. I don't know if a blanket pardon can be given, as presidential pardons, i think, can only be given for federal matters and not internal state matters which could give the new York state attorney a chance to nail the fucker

It seems unlikely he'll ever end up in prison imo. Frankly I'll just be relieved if he's voted out and it's achieved comfortably on 3rd November and allow none of this nonsense of it being close and allowing him to bring the postal votes into it. 

Although it does have to be said, for the good of democracy it would probably be good if there was some punishment for his behaviour. But I can't help but thing is the defeat is big enough it will probably stop us ending back here for a generation. 

9 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

This is apparently from the New York Times. 

In normal times, you'd dismiss such claims for their sheer lack of credibility. 

But, we ain't in normal times... 

EkAAN5XXgAcL7Ct.jpeg

What a shame he didn't! 

This whole thing I found really funny. All the disinformation about his health throughout. It's like with the old soviet politburo or North Korea today where the media has no fucking idea what's happening with the leader. 

Would be interested to know what the states of the two parties are at the moment in terms of funding, infrastructure etc. One wonders if Trumpism has damaged the brand forever and they've haemorrhaged a lot of talent that might otherwise have helped them win local and national elections, like some of those chaps who've gone to the Lincoln project.

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Would be interested to know what the states of the two parties are at the moment in terms of funding, infrastructure etc. One wonders if Trumpism has damaged the brand forever and they've haemorrhaged a lot of talent that might otherwise have helped them win local and national elections, like some of those chaps who've gone to the Lincoln project.

Biden blowing the orange lunatic out of the water since he became a full on mental, to the point Trump was threatening to put ‘his own’ money in, he’ll never do this it’ll be some poor cunt he’s defrauded/sued/ripped off.

The headline figure only tells you so much, look at the recent injection. The Republicans know they’re backing a loser and the money is drying up. Biden is coining it in.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/09/01/us/politics/biden-trump-fundraising-election.amp.html

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/20/858347477/money-tracker-how-much-trump-and-biden-have-raised-in-the-2020-election

To put in to context Trump will spend the best part on 1.5b on this election, the Tories spent 16m in total on the 2019 election victory. Madness.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Apparently Biden is raising record sums and Trump is skint.

Would be interested to know what the actually infrastructure of the parties are like too though.

The people he'd surrounded himself with are all gone or on the margins, but they were seemingly rather shit at the actual job and so stupid they usually ended up walking into legal bear traps.

If you're running for state senate somewhere in California say, it's not going to be enough to have people who just have that wide-eyed psycho pentecostal preacher vibe rambling about hillary's emails and fake news, presumably you'd need people who understand things like focus groups, media relations etc. Are those people still there or have they fucked off?

12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Would be interested to know what the actually infrastructure of the parties are like too though.

The people he'd surrounded himself with are all gone or on the margins, but they were seemingly rather shit at the actual job and so stupid they usually ended up walking into legal bear traps.

If you're running for state senate somewhere in California say, it's not going to be enough to have people who just have that wide-eyed psycho pentecostal preacher vibe rambling about hillary's emails and fake news, presumably you'd need people who understand things like focus groups, media relations etc. Are those people still there or have they fucked off?

You seen ‘In the loop’?

From what I can make out its like that but with more onemanupship skullduggery.

All of the real power brokers are about 25 and coming straight from PhD’s at Yale before they fuck off and join a tech firm and earn millions.

You’re left with a bunch of out of touch politicians who don’t have a clue what day of the week it is fighting for policies they don’t understand whilst some cunt with a bag of qualifications, a laptop, a backward baseball cap, natural colour slack and a long board tells ‘em which way the winds blowing. 

Strange place. 

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

You seen ‘In the loop’?

From what I can make out its like that but with more onemanupship skullduggery.

All of the real power brokers are about 25 and coming straight from PhD’s at Yale before they fuck off and join a tech firm and earn millions.

You’re left with a bunch of out of touch politicians who don’t have a clue what day of the week it is fighting for policies they don’t understand whilst some cunt with a bag of qualifications, a laptop, a backward baseball cap, natural colour slack and a long board tells ‘em which way the winds blowing. 

Strange place. 

Ha yeah!

Ides of March is a bit like that and The Wire too. They get about a million a year at consultancy firms when they fuck off. 

42 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Apparently Biden is raising record sums and Trump is skint.

Trump's campaign email me just about every day begging for money (in fact probably about 10 times a day at the moment). I was in Chicago in October (strangely at the same time as trump on his 1st visit there) and they somehow got hold of my email address while I was there. It's been relentless since. 

Screenshot_20201011-204811.jpg

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Setting aside Aldrin's facial expressions for a moment, have a listen to what Trump is saying and see if you can spot which lines were written by someone else and which nonsensical mouth-droppings were ad-libbed by the actual fucking President. 

Aldrin praying they could build a rocket powerful enough to blast the bloated prick into the cosmos

• Upvote 1

We just might win this thing.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/12/politics/ballot-returns-pennsylvania-voting-election-2020/index.html

CNN)Democrats are far outpacing Republicans in ballots cast so far in Pennsylvania, a battleground state that President Donald Trump won by less than one percentage point in 2016.

Republicans in california have been setting up false drop boxes for Democrats to use, as a lot of them have basically voting collecting parties where they can all come with their ballots and give them to the host, who in turn drops them all off.

There's no way in hell that those ballots will ever be dropped off to the correct place and thus more votes will be suppressed. The cunts will try fucking anything won't they?