You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

If they have a big celebration on the night the Obamas will be there I bet, stars and stripes, confetti, James Brown's 'livin' in America', oh it'll be beautiful. 

If Trump wins there's an oven door with my name on it. 

Shit got changed in the 50’s or 60’si think to stop

people hitting the gas.

After the death of Sylvia Plath, co-included with a massive drop in female suicide.

read about it a while

back, but fucked if I can remember the name of the book, probably gladwell.

Am on a Kidney illness Facebook page and your heart would break for some of the poor folks from the States who are awaiting transplant. They would be totally fucked without Medicare and still need a secondary insurance for the hospital stay. One guy was saying he was paying 700 dollars a month for private insurance. Once you're approved for transplant you're assigned a social worker to get Medicare sorted for them.  

• Upvote 1

Just been belly laughing at this, genius.

CNN

In a zigzagging interview on the Fox Business channel on Thursday, his first since being hospitalised, Trump, 74, boasted: “I’m back because I am a perfect physical specimen and I’m extremely young. And so I’m lucky in that way.”

5 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I see the FBI have just announced that they've thwarted a plot by militiamen to kidnap the governor of Michigan and forcibly replace her. 

Madness! I wonder who or what inspired or incited them to act in such a way?.... 

Ej0jkJ-X0AEt19a.jpeg

I remember watching stories about the minutemen, not long after he got in, which was these types of gun toting yahoo's who would stand across the border from Mexico, fully loaded, waiting for pope to try and cross.

5 hours ago, KMD7 said:

Am on a Kidney illness Facebook page and your heart would break for some of the poor folks from the States who are awaiting transplant. They would be totally fucked without Medicare and still need a secondary insurance for the hospital stay. One guy was saying he was paying 700 dollars a month for private insurance. Once you're approved for transplant you're assigned a social worker to get Medicare sorted for them.  

It highlights how much of a sick society the west and partuclalry the US has become.

When dialysis came on stream as support for people with chronic kidney diseases, the US (I think under Nixon) said that anyone who needed Dialysis treatment - it would always be covered by the federal government. consequently (market forces) shit loads of Kidney Clinics sprung up across the states over the next few decades, which sounds great, however US investment in research around kidney disease and treatment dropped drastically, the market was pulling as much as it could out of the system via the dialysis clinics, leaving little left over for research in other areas. This was exacerbated by the introduction of corn syrup and the obesity explosion which put more pressure on the system and led to more dialysis clinics, and you end up with companies like DaVita worth $17 billion.

Another thing which highlights the problem was listening to the Cohen podcast Brownie was talking about. and he made a statement about having real estate with Trump that he bought at $500 per square foot, that ended up being worth $1500 - these people see everything in purely monetary terms, it's not a house or apartment,  it's square footage.

John Oliver goes into one on DaVita here:

8 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

And hand out a pardon for all his crimes including treason

Surely that has to be agreed by a number of senators on some such shit, although he pretty much has the Supreme Court in his arse bin, would be funny if Kavanaugh blocked it though.

• Upvote 2

Outrageous if he's pardoned. If you don't hold power to acount then the country is always going to be their plaything. Every future president should see clearly there's consequences to their actions. He will leave and snipe from the sidelines and his brood will be given support to run themselves, his name and their names should be associated with any criminal/unethical behaviour they may have committed. Cunts.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

My phone is just going haywire trying to reply.

A Presidential pardon. Doesn't need anyone's approval. Same as Ford giving Nixon a blanket pardon for any crimes he committed 

Self pardon isn't as clear cut, but it does seem like there's enough loopholes for him to walk away unpunished. 

The legal and constitutional ability of a president to pardon himself (self-pardon) is an unresolved issue. During the Watergate scandal, President Nixon's lawyer suggested that a self-pardon would be legal, while the Department of Justice issued a memorandum opinion on August 5, 1974, stating that a president cannot pardon himself.[23] The 1974 memo laid out a scenario in which, under the Twenty-fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution, the president could declare himself unable to perform his duties and could appoint the vice president as acting president. The acting president could then pardon the president and "thereafter the president could either resign or resume the duties of his office."[23]

The issue arose again in 1998, during the impeachment of President Bill Clinton.

On July 22, 2017, President Donald Trump tweeted, "While all agree the U.S. President has the complete power to pardon, why think of that when only crime so far is LEAKS against us. FAKE NEWS", prompting a series of news article and online commentary regarding the president's ability to pardon relatives, aides, and possibly even himself in relation to the 2017 Special Counsel investigation, which ultimately concluded President Donald Trump could not be indicted at the time.[24]

Arguments against self-pardons include constitutional themes of self-judging and self-dealing, the unjust nature of the president being above the law, violations of the public trust, the definition of "pardon" excludes self-pardoning (because one cannot grant forgiveness to oneself), and the inadequacy of other safeguards such as political consequences.[25

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_pardons_in_the_United_States#:~:text=Self-pardons,-The legal and&text=During the Watergate scandal%2C President,a president cannot pardon himself.

10 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Self pardon isn't as clear cut, but it does seem like there's enough loopholes for him to walk away unpunished. 

The legal and constitutional ability of a president to pardon himself (self-pardon) is an unresolved issue. During the Watergate scandal, President Nixon's lawyer suggested that a self-pardon would be legal, while the Department of Justice issued a memorandum opinion on August 5, 1974, stating that a president cannot pardon himself.[23] The 1974 memo laid out a scenario in which, under the Twenty-fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution, the president could declare himself unable to perform his duties and could appoint the vice president as acting president. The acting president could then pardon the president and "thereafter the president could either resign or resume the duties of his office."[23]

The issue arose again in 1998, during the impeachment of President Bill Clinton.

On July 22, 2017, President Donald Trump tweeted, "While all agree the U.S. President has the complete power to pardon, why think of that when only crime so far is LEAKS against us. FAKE NEWS", prompting a series of news article and online commentary regarding the president's ability to pardon relatives, aides, and possibly even himself in relation to the 2017 Special Counsel investigation, which ultimately concluded President Donald Trump could not be indicted at the time.[24]

Arguments against self-pardons include constitutional themes of self-judging and self-dealing, the unjust nature of the president being above the law, violations of the public trust, the definition of "pardon" excludes self-pardoning (because one cannot grant forgiveness to oneself), and the inadequacy of other safeguards such as political consequences.[25

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_pardons_in_the_United_States#:~:text=Self-pardons,-The legal and&text=During the Watergate scandal%2C President,a president cannot pardon himself.

Aye, I think the problem with Donny and Pence, is that even after he fucks off Pence is so mired in the shit, along with fat boy Billy Bar, that he will absolve him. so it's not so much about self pardon.

Steal the election, step down, pence pardons and has 4 years to rule and whitewash the whole gig as the Republicans have what they want with Supreme Court on down loaded in their favour.

Fascism Lite.

The Michigan attempt to kidnap the governor is pretty fucked up. Sounds like the equivalent of someone trying to kidnap Andy Burnham or Sadiq Khan and also wanting to kill the Met Police. Then when Johnson finds out he goes on a rant against Burnham/Khan. Although some members of the "Wolverine Watchmen" were anti government and their is a clip of one calling Trump a tyrant. Their aim seems to have been to create a self sufficent community following the U.S Bill Of Rights. 

26 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I hope the Democrats know what they’re doing with this 25th amendment move. It might gain Trump some sympathy if people think they’re trying to remove him from office illegitimately.

You'd almost think they want 4 more years of Trump. To be fair they've probably made a fortune during his tenure.