You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

It's not been getting alot of column inches but the very real possibility that the House stays Dem, the Senate flips to Dem and Trump is re-elected would be epic.

His head would explode in a cloud of orange after just a few weeks.

Don't fancy that myself, everything going Dem would be preferable.

5d84037b-136c-48f0-9770-8e635c4759c8.jpe

“There’s this guy, and he tweeted a video of himself singing about having sex with me. Singing fuck Donald Trump. And that’s ok, that’s ok, I’m flattered. Nobody has done more for the gay community than I have. They love me. They love me. He’s singing about how he wants to fuck me. I’m flattered. I only grab pussy. But I’m flattered.”

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's funny how the right in the States only turn up in numbers and with machine guns, they're always suspiciously close to courthouses and other institutions too in case they need rescuing. Bunch of fat Mike from spaced cunts. 

Yeah can't imagine them turning up in West baltimore late at night 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

It's funny how the right in the States only turn up in numbers and with machine guns, they're always suspiciously close to courthouses and other institutions too in case they need rescuing. Bunch of fat Mike from spaced cunts. 

You fucking take that back. 

The New York Times has obtained tax-return data extending over more than two decades for Mr. Trump and the hundreds of companies that make up his business organization, including detailed information from his first two years in office. It does not include his personal returns for 2018 or 2019. This article offers an overview of The Times’s findings; additional articles will be published in the coming weeks.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/09/27/us/donald-trump-taxes.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The NYT have got hold of some of his tax returns. I haven't read the story yet but he appears to have paid just $750 tax in the year he was elected as president and in the following year too. Although, this is coming from a brief read of a summary of the story, so needs verification. 

Looks right. I've only skimmed through it myself. It's very long. 

On 15/09/2020 at 08:01, Section_31 said:

I think one of the problems has been the explosion of conspiracy theory podcasts and shows, a few BBC types were slagging it off a while back for broadcasting a show by that Scarlatt Moffat about conspiracy theories and apparently she doesn't believe man went to the moon.

It sounds harmless but I think there's a drip drip effect and in the states especially, the reasons behind them are sinister.

They're designed to make you reject things which are sensible so before long, you reject everything that doesn't suit your world view or anything your chosen horse in the political race tells you to reject.

Remember in the 90s and one of the reasons the X Files was so popular was because the notion of government conspiracies was novel, these days there are people who actually once again believe the world is flat. 

I suppose when you're a part of a system that's actually eroded people's standard of living away to the point they may be on the verge of putting your head on a pike, your very last resort is to actually actively change their perception of reality. That's why the likes of Dominic Cummings and Fox News presenters have jobs at all.

This is so true. One of my best friends , a really good guy has gone completely down the rabbit hole the last couple of years. Constantly sending conspiracies theories and tweets to me through wattsapp from anti vax, Covid and 5G,  David Icke,  Trump's going to save the world to Jim fucking Corr etc. 

By all means have an open mind about everything but dont lose yourself in it. 

• Upvote 1

It's the same over here though, I bet the likes of Cameron, Johnson and the rest have got all sorts of shit going on, it's probably legal but it'll be shit none the less. You can't claim to be patriotic and not pay your taxes, it's as simple as that IMO, that's why all this flag waving stuff is horseshit. 

Our countries won't get out of the shitter until we have leaders, be it in politics or business, who don't think avoiding your financial responsibilities is worthy of a pat on the back. The culture in itself is the problem.