You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Do you think he's going to win again?

No - I don't.

There has been alot of talk about him buying a small network ( ie OAN) and doing his schtick on a weekly basis.

I think he has figured out it is alot easier/more fun to be an influencer than a doer.

He has never been much of a doer.

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

No - I don't.

There has been alot of talk about him buying a small network ( ie OAN) and doing his schtick on a weekly basis.

I think he has figured out it is alot easier/more fun to be an influencer than a doer.

He has never been much of a doer.

Apologies if I'm wrong Howie, but didn't you go all in on Hillary Clinton beating Trump ?

BTW, I hope you're right. 

3 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

To clarify,  it wasn't a go at you, more to emphasise the total uncertainty about it all.

What makes you so confident this time ?

It could go either way - it will certainly end up in the courts - which alone should make any sane person question how we got here.

I think he wants it less and the public has seen him at the wheel.

The way I look at it, and hopefully it's true, there can't possibly be anyone who didn't vote for Trump last time that will vote for him now.

There are however, I'm sure, a few people that may regret voting for him last time. It's just a question of how many get out and vote.

That's why Republicans are focusing on making it more difficult / dangerous to vote. Voter suppression is their only salvation.

6 minutes ago, neko said:

The way I look at it, and hopefully it's true, there can't possibly be anyone who didn't vote for Trump last time that will vote for him now.

There are however, I'm sure, a few people that may regret voting for him last time. It's just a question of how many get out and vote.

That's why Republicans are focusing on making it more difficult / dangerous to vote. Voter suppression is their only salvation.

The fucked up way the system works there though it doesn’t matter if they don’t vote for him in certain states because his base will cover it.

The swing states are the important ones and they’re looking close, like last time, and we know what happened. 

I saw a projection that Biden needs to win the popular vote by around six percent to make it realistic, given the swing states and the college power they hold, that’s a big ask, even with Trumps disaster of a presidency.

Mad, but those in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones, ours is even more archaic. 

34 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Fuck that, I hope he loses, goes to jail and dies.

I’d stick on loses all his ‘assets’  as well for good measure so Donny Jr has to suck dick to stop the landlord kicking him out.

Jared and Ivana are just air dropped into Iran.

Melania is melted down and made in to a slide for the child detention centre.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

He’s a bad tit but I’m not arsed if he wins or loses, he hasn’t impacted on me in the slightest, doesn’t seem to me to be the Armageddon figure everybody feared, doesn’t seem interested in war at all, which is nice. Couldn’t care less.

Really?

From where I’m sat america is at war with itself, the world is a cruel hostile place following in his lead and we have a genocide in China, a war in Russia, Yeman refugee camps being bombed, a hugely undermined WHO none of which would have happened with a real president on Pennsylvania Avenue.

Americas influence around the world is/was profound, even soft power, but know they’ve removed that influence and left in is wake a spiteful influence which is having disastrous effects on our doorsteps. 

No deal is because we’re pinning our hopes on America buying up what’s left of our public services, including NHS, and allowing a real race to the bottom capitalism to take hold.

Trump goes the pressure valve is released and the world can start to heal, he stays, it burns.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Really?

From where I’m sat america is at war with itself, the world is a cruel hostile place following in his lead and we have a genocide in China, a war in Russia, Yeman refugee camps being bombed, a hugely undermined WHO.

Americas influence around the world is/was profound, even soft power, but know they’ve removed that influence and left in is wake a spiteful influence which is having disastrous effects on our doorsteps. 

No deal is because we’re pinning our hopes on America buying up what’s left of our public services, including NHS, and allowing a real race to the bottom capitalism to take hold.

Trump goes the pressure valve is released and the world can start to heal, he stays, it burns.

Yes really, I’m not arsed about America, couldn’t care less if it’s at war with itself either, most countries have massive problems why does everything have to be about America? Brexit is our own doing and is a matter for us to resolve, don’t see any massive difference between Trump and what went before, if anything Obama held us in more contempt and he certainly did like a military strike. Trump is a tit, no question, but he’s not really worse than what went before as far as we’re concerned.

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yes really, I’m not arsed about America, couldn’t care less if it’s at war with itself either, most countries have massive problems why does everything have to be about America? Brexit is our own doing and is a matter for us to resolve, don’t see any massive difference between Trump and what went before, if anything Obama treated us in more contempt and he certainly did like a military strike. Trump is a tit, no question, but he’s not really worse than what went before as far as we’re concerned.

Neither of us will know until January, I hope you’re right, but have an awful feeling you’re wrong.

1 minute ago, JagSquared said:

Saw some stuff about Trump creating a patriotic education programme.

Has someone been talking to him about “the plot against America?” The show of course, he would entertain a discussion on a book:

The cunt can't even pronounce Illinois 

17 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Saw some stuff about Trump creating a patriotic education programme.

Has someone been talking to him about “the plot against America?” The show of course, he would never entertain a discussion on a book:

That will eradicate the ‘extreme lefts’ impact.

He wants to remove abortion, race relations, black history and other ‘controversial’ topics from the syllabus.

Absolutely fucking mental and fast tracking us towards fascism lite.

8 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Early voter turnout at highest on record

200918114027-fairfax-early-voting-lines-

Not a good sign for Trumpie Bear, lots of masks, social distancing and no American Flags to be seen.

Just hope the neofasc crew don’t start turning up to disrupt shit:

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/white-supremacists-election/

White Supremacists Are a Threat to Elections, Says the DHS

While the Trump administration publicly downplays the rise of the far right, Homeland Security anticipates “physical threats” to the 2020 election.

By Ken KlippensteinTwitter

Yesterday 3:30 pm

Last week, a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) whistleblower told the press that agency officials had ordered him to downplay the threat of white supremacist terrorism. But a recent DHS intelligence assessment about physical threats to the 2020 election season identifies “white supremacist extremists” as the foremost threat to the democratic process this year.

The intelligence assessment, first referenced by Yahoo News and published in full by The Nation, was produced by the DHS’ Intelligence and Analysis (I&A) division. In an interview with The Nation, a former senior DHS I&A intelligence officer corroborated the whistleblower’s claims, describing the challenges he had faced to monitoring white supremacists under the Trump administration.

“As soon as Trump came in, counterterrorism ended,” the former intelligence officer said, pointing to the Trump administration’s decision to dissolve DHS’s domestic terrorism division. Since then, DHS I&A’s focus has turned to trivial immigration matters like individuals overstaying their travel visas, he explained.

“The only immigration we should be worried about is a nexus to terrorism, not student overstays and bullshit,” the former intelligence officer said.

The assessment, dated August 17 of this year and marked for official use only, provides an overview of different threats to the election. Threats are said to include not just white supremacists but also individuals wary of the government’s Covid-19 restrictions, Second Amendment extremists, and confrontations between protesters and counterprotesters.

The report reads: “We continue to assess lone offender white supremacist extremists and other lone offender domestic terrorist actors with personalized ideologies, including those based on grievances against a target’s perceived actual political affiliation, policies, or worldview, pose the greatest threat of lethal violence.”

The assessment links the white supremacist threat to anti-immigrant sentiments, stating, “Immigration-related grievances contributed to motivations of three separate white supremacist extremist shootings since 2018, resulting in 35 total fatalities.”

The intelligence assessment contrasts sharply with the Trump administration’s characterization of threats to public safety. Trump has repeatedly inveighed against violent protesters, especially “antifa,” which he has vowed to designate a terrorist group. While a formal terror designation requires evidence of foreign sponsorship, The Nation recently reported that DHS intelligence officials have quietly sought to tie antifa to foreign militant groups.

Trump’s Attorney General William Barr reportedly instructed prosecutors to consider charging violent protesters with sedition, a rarely invoked law that applies to individuals seeking to overthrow the government.

“The proposal to charge protesters with sedition seems like one more step in the unraveling of constitutional government,” Steven Aftergood, who heads the Federation of American Scientists’ Project on Government Secrecy, told The Nation. He added that “accusing them of sedition adds a preposterous political overlay that itself is a form of incitement by the attorney general.”

“Antifa,” short for “anti-fascist,” is a largely decentralized movement of far-left individuals motivated by opposition to perceived fascist groups. While antifa has engaged in illegal activities including property destruction and in some cases violence, no one affiliated with it has been linked to a single murder in the United States in the past 25 years, according to a recent report by the Center for Strategic and International Studies. By contrast, the same study found that far-right extremists in the United States have killed 329 people in that time frame.

Despite the Trump administration’s rhetoric, the rise in far-right violence has not gone completely unnoticed. Last year, FBI Director Christopher Wray told Congress that the majority of the bureau’s domestic terrorism arrests were of white supremacists.

“Historically, there’s a pattern of increasing political violence during elections,” said Michael German, a former FBI agent. German, who himself once worked undercover in white supremacist groups, said that one of the problems is the lack of federal data on far-right groups.

“Since the federal government doesn’t collect data on white supremacist violence, we don’t really know how much it’s increased.”

N