You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Most Trump story ever:

President Donald Trump considered the idea of selling Puerto Rico in 2017 after the island was devastated by Hurricane Maria, the former acting Homeland Security secretary told The New York Times in an interview published Friday.

It gets Trumpier when you consider this was a year before he was going to buy Greenland.

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Most Trump story ever:

President Donald Trump considered the idea of selling Puerto Rico in 2017 after the island was devastated by Hurricane Maria, the former acting Homeland Security secretary told The New York Times in an interview published Friday.

I actually burst out laughing at that. Fucking hell, that's the most Trump think I've ever fucking heard. 

“We create cases by testing. Other countries test when someone walks into a doctor’s office or hospital so they don’t create cases. We’re doing a great job, we have the lowest mortality rate in the world.”

Joe Biden...

CandidEachBream-size_restricted.gif

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Anubis said:

This may actually belong in the drugs thread.

All for Trump bashing, but surely he’s referring to SARS and Swine flu in that first video with the testing stuff? Obviously talking shite and making things up, but it’s not in reference to Covid. He isnt suggesting Obama stopped testing for covid before it arrived. Surely?

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

@belarusYea, should give him the benefit of the doubt. He did however think Finland was part of Russia.

Oh mate, absolutely, he’s a fucking train wreck. And a lying cunt of a man to boot, but it does my head in when people needlessly try and tag things onto a never ending rap sheet of stupidity. Their excitement to create a video clip for twitter and hope it goes viral is proper shite.

4 minutes ago, belarus said:

Oh mate, absolutely, he’s a fucking train wreck. And a lying cunt of a man to boot, but it does my head in when people needlessly try and tag things onto a never ending rap sheet of stupidity. Their excitement to create a video clip for twitter and hope it goes viral is proper shite.

Oh come on, just listen to the nonsense about testing creating cases and the lowest death rate in the world. He does it deliberately. He may well be referring to Obama testing something else, but he phrases it vaguely and leaves it hanging because he knows his supporters will take it up. No doubt many of them will be saying Obama stopped COVID testing in the coming weeks.

Same with the second clip. He starts off talking about saving the Texas oil industry, but just can’t help exaggerating and drops “I created it” in there. He can’t help himself. It’s just compulsive lies and bullshit.

"Donald Trump Jr appears to have forgotten one of the cardinal rules of the apostrophe: it comes after the “s” when the possessive noun is plural.

The American president’s son’s forthcoming book, Liberal Privilege, is subtitled “Joe Biden and the Democrat’s Defense of the Indefensible”.

Unless Trump Jr is referring to only one Democrat, then the apostrophe needs to shift one place to the right to make the title grammatically correct."

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Oh come on, just listen to the nonsense about testing creating cases and the lowest death rate in the world. He does it deliberately. He may well be referring to Obama testing something else, but he phrases it vaguely and leaves it hanging because he knows his supporters will take it up. No doubt many of them will be saying Obama stopped COVID testing in the coming weeks.

Same with the second clip. He starts off talking about saving the Texas oil industry, but just can’t help exaggerating and drops “I created it” in there. He can’t help himself. It’s just compulsive lies and bullshit.

I’m not disagreeing with any of your points there, but there is no way the guy who made that video thought trump was actually talking about Obama testing for covid. I don’t think many people will watch that and think it. There’s a difference in pointing out Trump being vague to try and elicit a particular response from his followers to what he’s saying, and actually accuse him of saying something specific. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Conflate and obfuscate, its the modern way for right wing politics.