You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 04/07/2020 at 07:15, Dougie Do'ins said:

This week, Jacksonville, Florida—where Trump moved the Republican National Convention so he could hold a 15,000-person rally next month—mandated that people wear masks indoors to slow the explosion of COVID-19 cases. According to a Republican working on the convention, the campaign is now preparing to cancel the event so that Trump doesn’t suffer another Tulsa–like humiliation. “They probably won’t have it,” the source said. “It’s not going to be the soft landing Trump wanted.”

GOP officials are considering moving next month's Republican National Convention in Jacksonville, Fla., to an outdoor stadium amid ongoing concerns about the coronavirus.

The two locations under consideration include 121 Financial Ballpark, which holds minor league baseball games and seats about 11,000 people, and the TIAA Bank Field, where the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars play, which holds 65,000 people.

rdlol.gif

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Do you think his tax returns will have any effect. The worst kind of people have never had someone represent them so well before, he's untouchable to them. He has to be beat at the ballot box.

I actually think it could hurt him.

Obviously, as we've seen for some time, even a truly horrific candidate can get a solid 40% of the population to vote for them on the theory that "at least they aren't from the other side." But the polls since the virus started have shown that there are persuadable voters among the Trump voting block. 

Most of the people who vote for him are going to think that whatever comes out is the product of the "mainstream media," which they think hates Trump so they don't listen to anything they say. But the polls show that Trump has lost 5 or 10% over the past few months, mostly older people who don't like being told they are expendable to keep the economy running.

There will be a tipping point at some point, and it might just be if there were a really egregious scandal in his finances. If another 5% or so moved against Trump, out of his more hard-core base, then the establishment Republicans like Mitch McConnell will feel less need to be on his side, and all it would take would be 2-3 more Romneys and then Trump's chances of putting together a surprise vanish. If it was 4-5 senators that turned against him, he could spend the rest of his life in prison.

12 hours ago, Mudface said:

I just had a look through the Lincoln Project's Tweets. I know they're Republicans, but there's some savage stuff in there like this-

I wish there was an equivalent old school Tory group willing to take on Johnson in the same manner.

There is  it's called the Labour party.

01/01/20   Moskva ATM     Deposit     $1,000,000.00

01/02/20   Moskva ATM     Deposit     $1,000,000.00

01/03/20   Moskva ATM     Deposit     $1,000,000.00

01/04/20   Moskva ATM     Deposit     $1,000,000.00

01/05/20   Moskva ATM     Deposit     $1,000,000.00

01/06/20   Moskva ATM     Deposit     $1,000,000.00

01/07/20   Moskva ATM     Deposit     $1,000,000.00

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

01/01/20   Moskva ATM     Deposit     $1,000,000.00

01/02/20   Moskva ATM     Deposit     $1,000,000.00

01/03/20   Moskva ATM     Deposit     $1,000,000.00

01/04/20   Moskva ATM     Deposit     $1,000,000.00

01/05/20   Moskva ATM     Deposit     $1,000,000.00

01/06/20   Moskva ATM     Deposit     $1,000,000.00

01/07/20   Moskva ATM     Deposit     $1,000,000.00

Fuck off Code

23 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

melaniastatue.gettyimages.070519.jpg?ito

A wooden sculpture of first lady Melania Trump near her hometown in Slovenia was set on fire the night of July 4, according to the artist who commissioned the piece. 

Brad Downey, a Berlin-based American artist, told Reuters the wooden sculpture near Melania Trump’s hometown of Sevnica was torched.

Brad - put the chisel down. This looks like something that Cake lady would serve up.

Wood!

• Upvote 1

The virus and the subsequent tanking of the economy have damaged him which should enable the dementia riddled dedicated corpse of Biden to win. McConnell and the Republican backers got what they wanted with the egregious tax cut, in my view it highly unlikely that the Democrats will reverse that given their funders benefit from it too. The Republicans in opposition will be able to start up the deficit rag again "your spending too much money", "the national debt is too high" etc. The Democrats will be deeply resistant to packing the supreme court in order to quash the voter suppression and Gerry mandering that the Republicans have instituted. They like things the way they are, constantly having to lean to the right and never having to deliver on anything in power. It's akin to David Cameron's version of the Conservative party vs Farage's UKIP.

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Roger Stone has just had his 3 year prison sentence commuted by Trump. 

America has gone full banana republic. 

That's fucking incredible but yet totally credible. You have to admire his attitude of not giving a fiddlers fuck but he's a maniac and a danger to the world. 

Says the man who looks at solar eclipses and floated the idea of injecting bleach to kill a viral infection. 

Everything about the Republicans drips hypocrisy. I'm more patriotic than you but I'm in bed with Russians, I care more about law and order than you but I commute the sentences of cronies. The Tories are heading that way if they're not there already. Queen, military, police, civil service, no traditional pillars of their old supprt has been spared some kind of shit treatment. 

The right are simply becoming gangsters who wersr corruption like a badge of pride, backed up by second rate journalists and talentless online 'influences' which they use to rouse a working class mob. I genuinely don't know where it ends, but not in a good place.

• Upvote 1