You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

8 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

No he hasn't but the alternative is the same shit that they rejected previously. 

My concern is apathy, Trump will get his base out whereas Biden will get "pfff" what's the point.

Plus I think Biden will be destroyed in the debates, which will not help.

I think you are underestimating Bidens popularity is certain key states.

He will very easily be able to combat any ageism with a 30 second montage of Trump trying to drink a glass of water.

The visceral negative reaction caused by Hilary's mere presence is no longer a factor. That decided the last election (and remember she actually won the popular vote).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

For the first time in a long time, I don't think he'll walk the election. Such a shame he's up against Biden or it's be a none contest.

Anyway, some more stuff lifted from elsewhere.

pQyHCRe.jpg

The Donald taking it with his usual grace I see 

There are also tens of thousands of Independents and Republicans who voted for Trump thinking "How bad could he really be" and have found out that he delivered nothing to the conservatives - if anything he is a bigger spender than a Dem.

Little has been made of it yet but he already rang up a record deficit and the economy had gone into recession BEFORE corona

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

There are also tens of thousands of Independents and Republicans who voted for Trump thinking "How bad could he really be" and have found out that he delivered nothing to the conservatives - if anything he is a bigger spender than a Dem.

Little has been made of it yet but he already rang up a record deficit and the economy had gone into recession BEFORE corona

That is not exactly true is it?

Biden is a ridiculous choice to run a against Trump. Trump is the oldest president ever, so to replace him they’ve chosen a man who will be 78 soon. At some point, taking on one of the most stressful jobs in the world, age and health becomes an important factor. I hope he picks a decent VP. 

1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

If the polls do start showing anything like a landslide defeat for Trump, I can see him pulling out for whatever bat shit excuse he can muster rather than have to face an embarrassing loss. 

Whatever happens it’s gonna be a hell of a ride. He is going to go full Trump over the coming months. I reckon he’s more scared of getting charges against him once he isn’t president than actually being president. The cunt will probably find a way to win it. If he is good at anything it’s manipulation 

5 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Biden is a ridiculous choice to run a against Trump. Trump is the oldest president ever, so to replace him they’ve chosen a man who will be 78 soon. At some point, taking on one of the most stressful jobs in the world, age and health becomes an important factor. I hope he picks a decent VP. 

Michelle. 

19 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Biden is a ridiculous choice to run a against Trump. 

Earlier I voiced concerns over Biden for a number of reasons and would have agreed.

Now he is the only option for anything resembling a return to normal. He is well versed in foreign policy and will easily communicate the pitfalls of "isolationist" economic actions taken by Trump (none of the jobs that were coming back home have materialized), and especially having an adverse relationship with China. 

He will be the only person on either ticket to have worked in a functioning admin.

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

No, if you want to make it "not exactly" true you can.

Check bond yield warnings as far back as last August if you want to make it "not exactly" wrong.

In terms of what some words exactly mean and all that.

Just now, SasaS said:

In terms of what some words exactly mean and all that.

Yes - you got me there. All that.

It will be easier for the Dems to point out the weakness/stagnation in the economy leading up to mid - Feb than it will be for Trump to suggest it was about to rebound.

That is my opinion, I am sure you have yours.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Yes - you got me there. All that.

It will be easier for the Dems to point out the weakness/stagnation in the economy leading up to mid - Feb than it will be for Trump to suggest it was about to rebound.

That is my opinion, I am sure you have yours.

Well, we don't know what would have happened in H2 without coronavirus, there were signs that Trumponomics has burned itself out by the end of 2019, but it is possible that there would have been enough of a momentum or a "second wave" to carry him over to the second mandate. Anyway, what happened with the virus, the aftermath and riots and demonstrations would all seemingly be momentous enough to make trends in the H2 of 2019 rather insignificant in comparison, in the eyes of most voters al least.

And 2020 has been crazy enough to suggest there may be more momentous events still to come.  

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, SasaS said:

And 2020 has been crazy enough to suggest there may be more momentous events still to come.  

Yep - when your main international trade advisor is peddling that coronavirus was "spawned by Chinese communists"

there may be a few more bumps in the road.

2 hours ago, Hank Moody said:

If Trump does win this election, by the end of his second term, he'll be 82. If Biden were to win, then by the end of his second term he'll be 86.

It just seems impossible to me that there isn't anyone out there who isn't younger and have the popularity to oust Trump.

Regardless of who wins, there's going to be a president in his 80s. Just seems odd to me.

31 minutes ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

If true he was outsmarted by a bunch of teens and K-Poppers it’ll be funny as fuck.

Or maybe people didn’t want to die being crammed in a basketball arena for three hours next to their infected frothing freedom loving Brethren.

I'm not buying into this. I reckon it's nothing but a cover excuse by Trump and his team. It would have got out beforehand if true. 

2 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

If Trump does win this election, by the end of his second term, he'll be 82. If Biden were to win, then by the end of his second term he'll be 86.

It just seems impossible to me that there isn't anyone out there who isn't younger and have the popularity to oust Trump.

Regardless of who wins, there's going to be a president in his 80s. Just seems odd to me.

I'm not buying into this. I reckon it's nothing but a cover excuse by Trump and his team. It would have got out beforehand if true. 

There are people out there, mate. The Democratic Party is just disgusting.