You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 15/06/2020 at 17:59, Aw Geez said:

I really don't understand that trump drinking video. What is happening? Why can't his hand lift a glass of water?

I would love to think that he's actually experiencing the effects of a debilitating dementia that will cause him to step down soon, but the truth is he's always done this.

John Oliver did a thing on it back when he was first elected. He doesn't seem to know how to hold a bottle of water or a glass like a normal person. It's dead weird, but it's not something that's just started recently.

The fascinating thing about Trump is he's basically the ultimate evolution of modern capitalism. If you got in a Jules Verne time machine and went to the future to see what the end of the human story looks like, it'd be Donald Trump.

By that I mean, when people take the piss about the fact he doesn't know anything about history, or geography, or politics, it's not because he's thick, it's because he doesn't care.

He's learned to completely disregard anything that doesn't have the sole aim of putting money in his pocket. Even the way he dresses is no more than functional, it's certainly not flash. He'd happily leave his kids in a burning building unless they had money in their pockets.

He doesn't care about the difference between the Atlantic or Pacific oceans, because it doesn't make him money. He doesn't care about the dangers of a solar eclipse, because it doesn't have anything to do with money. 

It's like someone replaced the quantum singularity at the centre of a black hole with a wallet. Nothing can escape it. Not love, not knowledge, not physical appearance or mental wellness, not fashion, form or art or beauty.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

The fascinating thing about Trump is he's basically the ultimate evolution of modern capitalism. If you got in a Jules Verne time machine and went to the future to see what the end of the human story looks like, it'd be Donald Trump.

By that I mean, when people take the piss about the fact he doesn't know anything about history, or geography, or politics, it's not because he's thick, it's because he doesn't care.

He's learned to completely disregard anything that doesn't have the sole aim of putting money in his pocket. Even the way he dresses is no more than functional, it's certainly not flash. He'd happily leave his kids in a burning building unless they had money in their pockets.

He doesn't care about the difference between the Atlantic or Pacific oceans, because it doesn't make him money. He doesn't care about the dangers of a solar eclipse, because it doesn't have anything to do with money. 

It's like someone replaced the quantum singularity at the centre of a black hole with a wallet. Nothing can escape it. Not love, not knowledge, not physical appearance or mental wellness, not fashion, form or art or beauty.

tenor.gif

Out of rep 

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Good stuff- to add to that, the corruption is a manifestation of the current state of capitalism too. The massive tax avoidance, diversion of public funds and bullying and silencing of critics or competitors through platoons of highly paid lawyers. 'The little guy' doesn't stand a chance as the rules are made by and for the benefit of his ilk.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

There is a business philosophy that has come out of America since probably the 80s or 90s and one of the key aspects of this is that one day this planet will be a dead rock. Anything you do will eventually become forgotten. So in business, do anything you want as one day it won't matter as there will be no one left anyway. 

If anything, this philosophy comes from the beginning of humanity rather than the end - it's almost like the monster that dominates all of its foes until there are none left and they perish through lack of foes. 

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

And yet he's not actually very good at making money! He's made countless spectacularly bad business decisions over the years, and I'm sure I read that in real terms he's barely broken even given the inheritance he received?

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

And yet he's not actually very good at making money! He's made countless spectacularly bad business decisions over the years, and I'm sure I read that in real terms he's barely broken even given the inheritance he received?

Apprentice You Re Fired GIFs | Tenor

38 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

If he’d have placed is inheritance in a high interest saving account he’d have lots more.

Allegedly. 

From Bolton's new book.

"At the opening dinner of the Osaka G-20 meeting in June 2019, with only interpreters present, Xi [Jinping] had explained to Trump why he was basically building concentration camps in Xinjiang. According to our interpreter, Trump said that Xi should go ahead with building the camps, which Trump thought was exactly the right thing to do. The National Security Council’s top Asia staffer, Matthew Pottinger, told me that Trump said something very similar during his November 2017 trip to China."

"During a one-on-one meeting at the June 2019 Group of 20 summit in Japan, Xi complained to Trump about China critics in the United States. But Bolton writes in a book scheduled to be released next week that ‘Trump immediately assumed Xi meant the Democrats. Trump said approvingly that there was great hostility among the Democrats.

‘He then, stunningly, turned the conversation to the coming U.S. presidential election, alluding to China’s economic capability to affect the ongoing campaigns, pleading with Xi to ensure he’d win,’ Bolton writes. ‘He stressed the importance of farmers, and increased Chinese purchases of soybeans and wheat in the electoral outcome. I would print Trump’s exact words but the government’s prepublication review process has decided otherwise.’"

19 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

From Bolton's new book.

"At the opening dinner of the Osaka G-20 meeting in June 2019, with only interpreters present, Xi [Jinping] had explained to Trump why he was basically building concentration camps in Xinjiang. According to our interpreter, Trump said that Xi should go ahead with building the camps, which Trump thought was exactly the right thing to do. The National Security Council’s top Asia staffer, Matthew Pottinger, told me that Trump said something very similar during his November 2017 trip to China."

"During a one-on-one meeting at the June 2019 Group of 20 summit in Japan, Xi complained to Trump about China critics in the United States. But Bolton writes in a book scheduled to be released next week that ‘Trump immediately assumed Xi meant the Democrats. Trump said approvingly that there was great hostility among the Democrats.

‘He then, stunningly, turned the conversation to the coming U.S. presidential election, alluding to China’s economic capability to affect the ongoing campaigns, pleading with Xi to ensure he’d win,’ Bolton writes. ‘He stressed the importance of farmers, and increased Chinese purchases of soybeans and wheat in the electoral outcome. I would print Trump’s exact words but the government’s prepublication review process has decided otherwise.’"

John Bolton: Trump administration sues to block book

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53073526

The federal government is stuck with 63 million doses of hydroxychloroquine now that the US Food and Drug Administration has revoked permission for the drug to be distributed to treat coronavirus patients.

The government started stockpiling donated hydroxychloroquine in late March, after President Trump touted it as "very encouraging" and "very powerful" and a "game-changer."

6 hours ago, aRdja said:

Come on down!!

Ninety-six Tulsa residents tested positive for Covid-19 in the past day, according to Dr. Bruce Dart of the Tulsa Health Department.

This is a new daily record for the county, according to Dart. He said the number of cases reported are continuing to set new records. 

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The federal government is stuck with 63 million doses of hydroxychloroquine now that the US Food and Drug Administration has revoked permission for the drug to be distributed to treat coronavirus patients.

The government started stockpiling donated hydroxychloroquine in late March, after President Trump touted it as "very encouraging" and "very powerful" and a "game-changer."

The most winningest president ever.

Mr. Trump said he polled many people around him, none of whom had heard of Juneteenth. Mr. Trump paused the interview to ask an aide if she had heard of Juneteenth, and she pointed out that the White House had issued a statement last year commemorating the day. Mr. Trump’s White House has put out statements on Juneteenth during each of his first three years.

‘Oh really? We put out a statement? The Trump White House put out a statement?’ Mr. Trump said. ‘Ok, ok. Good.’

This John Bolton business just goes to show how utterly rotten the system is. Same with Comey and all the other cunts.

I'll stand here and let you do and say whatever you want, but when I'm sacked I'll write a book for lots of money and spill the beans, because it's been weighing on my conscience all this time.

Sean Spicer has been on the us version  of strictly come dancing and teaches at Harvard despite only being famous for being a liar and an imbecile. America needs to ask itself why it's willing to let his foot soldiers off the hook so readily.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

This John Bolton business just goes to show how utterly rotten the system is. Same with Comey and all the other cunts.

I'll stand here and let you do and say whatever you want, but when I'm sacked I'll write a book for lots of money and spill the beans, because it's been weighing on my conscience all this time.

Sean Spicer has been on the us version  of strictly come dancing and teaches at Harvard despite only being famous for being a liar and an imbecile. America needs to ask itself why it's willing to let his foot soldiers off the hook so readily.

Reasoning and accountability are dirty words in the orange biff's America.