You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'm not exaggerating here but I'm struggling to think of anyone I've ever seen on telly, in any walk of life, or who I've ever met in person who'd do a worse job. 

I agree. He's the worst combination of money, entitlement, over-confidence and stupidity.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

To be fair Trump says a lot of stuff that other presidents just think but don't say.

"We're not going to complain to the Saudis about the journalist's murder because they make us a great deal of money."

Cue awkward looks around the oval office.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

To be fair Trump says a lot of stuff that other presidents just think but don't say.

"We're not going to complain to the Saudis about the journalist's murder because they make us a great deal of money."

Cue awkward looks around the oval office.

I think you have missed the point of the article. Clinton has pushed for over seven overseas  wars whilst holding a position of great power in the USA government.  Those decisions have cost the deaths of millions of innocent civilians, many of them children. Children are being slaughtered as we speak in Yemen because of her policies. The women has done untold damage to the world and especially the middle east. I dont think it unfair to label  the women is a mass murderer.

56 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Existing in his own little mental bunker.

Hahaha! ‘Possible’ exception - very gracious of you Donald.

Emancipation Proclamation/13th Amendment vs. fuck all? Tight one, that.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I think you have missed the point of the article. Clinton has pushed for over seven overseas  wars whilst holding a position of great power in the USA government.  Those decisions have cost the deaths of millions of innocent civilians, many of them children. Children are being slaughtered as we speak in Yemen because of her policies. The women has done untold damage to the world and especially the middle east. I dont think it unfair to label  the women is a mass murderer.

I'm not disputing any of that, I'm just saying she's not as bad as trump. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The "possible exception" of Lincoln bit is hilarious and a typical articulation of the man's ego. 

I've done more for the Semites than anyone, with the possible exception of the late, great, Moses. 

As an aside, didn't Trump once refer to a black guy in the crowd as "where's my African American?"

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I dunno mate, for all of his seemingly endless faults he doesn’t seem very eager for war, I wouldn’t trust Clinton on that front.

Not sure about that. He's arguably created the beginnings of a new cold war with China, an actual, genuine threat that can actually fight back which would surely result in the third world war. He's not arssd about the middle east because he considers them unimportant, 'shithole' countries.

Just now, Section_31 said:

Not sure about that. He's arguably created the beginnings of a new cold war with China, an actual, genuine threat that can actually fight back which would surely result in the third world war. He's not arssd about the middle east because he considers them unimportant, 'shithole' countries.

He has but I think that’s more to do with his belligerent and ridiculous personality than any real thirst for war, he just doesn’t strike me as having that. Hope he doesn’t prove me wrong like. Clinton I wouldn’t trust as far as I could throw her, the very embodiment of a slimy fucker her and would get involved in conflict in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'm not disputing any of that, I'm just saying she's not as bad as trump. 

It just shows how fucking screwed up things are. Someone with a worse reputation than her, managed to beat her.

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yep. There's no denying, those wheels were well in motion long before the virus outbreak. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

This is not beginning of any war. China have been trolling him for months now, they don't give a fuck about him, they have him for what he is, a temporary incumbent they have to occasionally indulge until he fucks off and is replaced by an adult. No doubt they have long since figured out how to trigger the exact reaction they require while the prick is still in office. Even if he gets another term one thing China has is patience and a long term plan.

Ever since Trump was elected, I've been thinking of a fellow named Joseph Welsh, who was a lawyer for the US Army during the McCarthy (anti-communist US politician who ruined more than a few lives and who was willing to say anything or slur anyone if he thought it to his advantage) era.

He's famous for confonting McCarthy:

In what played out to be the most dramatic exchange of the hearings, McCarthy responded to aggressive questioning from Army counsel Joseph Welch. On June 9, 1954, day 30 of the hearings, Welch challenged Cohn to give McCarthy's list of 130 subversives in defense plants to the office of the FBI and the Department of Defense "before the sun goes down".[24] In response to Welch's challenge, McCarthy suggested that Welch should check on Fred Fisher, a young lawyer in Welch's own Boston law firm whom Welch had planned to have on his staff for the hearings.[25] McCarthy then mentioned that Fisher had once belonged to the National Lawyers Guild (NLG), a group which Attorney General Brownell had called "the legal bulwark of the Communist Party".[26]

Welch revealed he had confirmed Fisher's former membership in the National Lawyers' Guild approximately six weeks before the hearings started.[27] After Fisher admitted his membership in the National Lawyers' Guild, Welch decided to send Fisher back to Boston.[28] His replacement by another colleague on Welch's staff was also covered by The New York Times.[29][30] Welch then reprimanded McCarthy for his needless attack on Fisher, saying that "Until this moment, Senator, I think I never really gauged your cruelty or your recklessness."[31] McCarthy, accusing Welch of filibustering the hearing and baiting Cohn, dismissed Welch's dissertation and casually resumed his attack on Fisher, at which point Welch angrily cut him short:[25]

Senator, may we not drop this? We know he belonged to the Lawyer's Guild ... Let us not assassinate this lad further, Senator; you've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?

Welch excluded himself from the remainder of the hearings with a parting shot to McCarthy:[32] "Mr. McCarthy, I will not discuss this further with you... You have seen fit to bring [the Fisher/NLG affair] out, and if there is a God in heaven, it will do neither you nor your cause any good! I will not discuss it further... You, Mr. Chairman, may as you will, call the next witness!"[33] After Welch deferred to Chairman Mundt to call the next witness, the gallery burst into applause.[34]

It was the beginning of McCarthy's rapid downfall.

I've been wondering if there was another Welch out there, and if there was, whether or not he or she would be listened to.

Maybe it's Mattis--I hope it's Mattis--though I think in this day and age, he'll be ignored by, at least, Trump's base.

Maybe it will take more than one voice; Obama spoke again tonight.

Maybe more tomorrow.

Obama last night-

“And you should be able to learn and make mistakes and live a life of joy without having to worry about what’s going to happen when you walk to the store, or go for a jog, or are driving down the street, or looking at some bird in a park.”

Powerful words, and I hope the bolded will be a good defence when I'm in court.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Wasn't he one of his enablers though?

They're like rats from a sinking ship, they can see which way the wind is blowing and that there's gonna be major questions asked about this period of history.