You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

15 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I'm paraphrasing the 2nd amendment as spoken by right wing gun nuts, not claiming I'm an American, you absolute fucking moron. 

To be honest I just saw your post it, barely took it on board and just assumed it would be as usual a load of fucking waffle you pretend ‘Know it all’ and if it was something of substance or morally correct then I still won’t say I got my reply wrong because you’d have got it from someone else you foney. Just to try and make you feel left wing. You’re about as left wing as Iceman for top-gun. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Narcissists dont admit to anything that makes them look like liars or hypocrites. Just see SD and NV. 

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

if it was something of substance or morally correct then I still won’t say I got my reply wrong because you’d have got it from someone else you foney

You're a phunny guy. 

Just listening to LTG Honore, a retired US Army General ripping him into Trump over the military. Now listening to Bishop Budde ripping him about the cynical use of the bible. It's always nice to be reminded that Trump isn't necessarily representative of Americans. He's an embarrassment to a great many of them. Such a shame.

19 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Any hope this ends the same way a previous right wing loon who had a God complex and led a militarised Police force, hid in a bunker while his cities burned. 

You'd hope it would bring the world a bit closer together over the next 45 years than it did between 1945 and 1990.

4 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

CNN claiming that the photo op was a last minute thing and Trump wanted to do it because he was "hurt" by the bunker stories. 

He's a fucking man-child. 

Gone over very poorly, this. First he has the military police (not the regular DC cops, according to a few sources now) light up the peaceful protester crowd with tear gas, then after chasing them (and two priests) off the grounds of the church, proceeds to hold up a Bible as a prop. Didn't bother to do the obvious politician thing of going inside and pretending to pray, he didn't even open the Bible and read something.

It is NOT being received well. Went on Faceaids to see what the reaction was like and even my crazy pro-Trump aunt is not pleased about it.

Looks like I took the wrong night off to follow this. Sounds like some batshit crazy stuff has happened.

After all the sabre rattling at other countries, it appears he’s finally got his war. With America.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The Guardian’s Sam Levin reports from Los Angeles, with Joanna Walters in New York: 

The full story on Anthony Fauci, the government’s top public health expert and a member of the national coronavirustaskforce, saying on Monday that he is no longer in frequent contact with Donald Trump – comments likely to spark fresh fears that he is being frozen out of the White House.

The pandemic continues to ravage communities across the United States, where the death toll on Monday had reached 105,000, and last month Fauci warned the US Congress during a hearing that the virus was not yet under control.

Asked on Monday whether the president talked to him often about Covid-19 vaccine work, he told a reporter with Stat News, “No ... As you probably noticed, the taskforce meetings have not occurred as often lately. And certainly my meetings with the president have been dramatically decreased.”

Fauci noted that they used to have taskforce meetings daily, including on the weekend, and said that frequently, the two would talk after the meetings, estimating that a month ago, they met four times a week.

The director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases also told a CNN reporter that he had not spoken or met with Trump in two weeks and that their last interaction was on 18 May, during a teleconference with governors.

The presidents 'transition to greatness' plan doesn't seem to be going to plan? I would say that surely his re-election chances are doomed what with 40 million unemployed, an uncontrolled pandemic and large scale protests in US cities. However we know he'll just spin this as a left wing democrat conspiracy, declare all facts as fake news and his supporters will happily buy into it.

18 minutes ago, clangers said:

The presidents 'transition to greatness' plan doesn't seem to be going to plan? I would say that surely his re-election chances are doomed what with 40 million unemployed, an uncontrolled pandemic and large scale protests in US cities. However we know he'll just spin this as a left wing democrat conspiracy, declare all facts as fake news and his supporters will happily buy into it.

Don't count on it. Outside our echo chambers the Trumpers are wanking themselves silly at how great Donny has handled these pesky lefties.

I even saw a video yesterday on mainstream tv where a Trump supporter was saying about coronavirus "and you gotta ask too, why was the virus so successful in New York, was it to do with the number of undocumented illegals?". Where the fuck do you even begin to argue that? Sometimes you can see the simple logic behind right wing arguments, complex problems with a basic racist solution, but this? It doesn't even begin to make sense. The virus cares about your legal status now?

Idiots in numbers are terrifying.