You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

America is like driving past a motorway cat crash; you can't help swan necking out of a morbid curiosity but you're always left thinking "thank fuck that's not me".

Such a terrible shame. Money and the pursuit of money and the influence wielded by those who have the money is at the root of this entire global shit-storm.

Gordon Gecko was wrong, Gordon Gecko was a cunt.

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

If you are anti anti fascist, you're a fascist. 

Now, this might be a can of worms and one I’m really not sure how to position, but I used to stand with unite and other anti racism groups, various umbrella groups under the anti cunt banner and there were always a bunch of ‘hardcore’ who were looking for any excuse to wade in.

The protests are fully justified and Trump is a cunt and the vast, vast majority on the side of what’s right are good, honest people trying to affect change, but there are blerts looking for a fight and that’s it.

Im in no way trying to diminish, just trying to shed light on the debate from someone who’s been at the ‘coalface’

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Now, this might be a can of worms and one I’m really not sure how to position, but I used to stand with unite and other anti racism groups, various umbrella groups under the anti cunt banner and there were always a bunch of ‘hardcore’ who were looking for any excuse to wade in.

The protests are fully justified and Trump is a cunt and the vast, vast majority on the side of what’s right are good, honest people trying to affect change, but there are blerts looking for a fight and that’s it.

Im in no way trying to diminish, just trying to shed light on the debate from someone who’s been at the ‘coalface’

So criticise those blerts for looking for a fight. Anti anti fascist = fascist. 

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Some believe nothing other than being a dickhead, doesn’t matter what flag they’re under.

That’s the point you missed.

No mate, if you want to criticise people for hardcore veganism, hardcore squat principles, hardcore punk rock principles, etc then stick to the actual things that annoy you.

If you are actually anti anti fascist then you are a fascist. 

7 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

No mate, if you want to criticise people for hardcore veganism, hardcore squat principles, hardcore punk rock principles, etc then stick to the actual things that annoy you.

If you are actually anti anti fascist then you are a fascist. 

And this is why the lefts eating itself! 

Yes, you are a fascist, but that doesn’t mean that all the people standing with you have best interests at heart and have the best intentions that their actions could lead to.

We, the ‘left’, have cunts amongst us as well and it’d do us well to understand that. 

Ideology is a way to guide the masses, it’s not wholesale believed by everyone who wears the T-shirt. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

And this is why the lefts eating itself! 

Yes, you are a fascist, but that doesn’t mean that all the people standing with you have best interests at heart and have the best intentions that their actions could lead to.

We, the ‘left’, have cunts amongst us as well and it’d do us well to understand that. 

Ideology is a way to guide the masses, it’s not wholesale believed by everyone who wears the T-shirt. 

Antifa isn't a t-shirt mate. It is purely the opposite of fascism. That's it like. 

4 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Antifa isn't a t-shirt mate. It is purely the opposite of fascism. That's it like. 

We’re going to have to disagree, because that’s not my experience of it, and I’ve seen quite a bit and earned my stripes. 

From my perspective there are lots and lots of good people, but there are a small bunch of dickheads who use it to kick off and set things back and they cause a lot of frustration.

Anyway let’s both dream of a better world and how we can affect change.

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

America is like driving past a motorway cat crash; you can't help swan necking out of a morbid curiosity but you're always left thinking "thank fuck that's not me".

Such a terrible shame. Money and the pursuit of money and the influence wielded by those who have the money is at the root of this entire global shit-storm.

Gordon Gecko was wrong, Gordon Gecko was a cunt.

Motorway cat crashes are amongst the most funny things I can imagine seeing. Lots of cats running into each other on motorways.

Me-ouch! 

5 hours ago, cloggypop said:

It might be that in the UK but it's not over here in the States.

What Bruce is talking about is the term as it's being used by Trump, which is referring to a very loose coalition (not even sure they are organised enough to deserve that, to be honest) of extremist protesters. They're the ones you see smashing windows and overturning cars and generally being violent.

Obviously everyone involved in the protests is anti-fascism. That they've chosen "antifa" as a label makes it confusing, because then if you're against the violence that's happening in the protests, often perpetrated by young white people, they can say "if you're against us you're pro-fascist."

It's probably to be expected in today's tribalist environment that some people think you have to pick either the police murdering black people or the idiots stealing televisions out of shops and endorse everything they're doing. You absolutely do not have to pick one, you can say "stealing televisions is wrong and doesn't help bring about justice" while also saying "it's far worse that the police are murdering innocent people than that people are stealing televisions."

That said, Trump's position that antifa is a terrorist organisation is ridiculous. There IS no organisation called "antifa," it's just a label some of the protestors use for themselves (and then Fox News uses to tar all the majority of non-violent protestors with).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Donald Trump was taken into a special secure bunker as protests sparked by the death of George Floyd raged outside the White House on Friday night, according to reports. Despite days of peaceful protests and violent clashes with police in some of America’s major cities, Trump has not addressed the nation and has repeatedly sent inflammatory messages over Twitter.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

He was moved to a bunker under the White House at one point apparently where he tweeted 'Law and Order!' followed by 'Fake News!' 

Shittest Downfall scene ever.

I can't be arsed looking at the moment but after this news if there aren't any of them dubbed videos from Downfall sprouting up like Japanese knotweed then we as a species deserve the cunt.