You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

36 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I quite liked Reagan, based purely on the fact I was a kid at the time and he seemed pretty funny and easy going. I know a lot of unions and south Americans wont agree. 

I'd say Iraqis, whom he "supported" in the war against Iran, and Iranians, to whom he sold arms at the same time, might have struggled to be convinced by Reagan's avuncular side.

2 minutes ago, skaro said:

I'd say Iraqis, whom he "supported" in the war against Iran, and Iranians, to whom he sold arms at the same time, might have struggled to be convinced by Reagan's avuncular side.

I think unlike Dubya and Trump though Reagan was a true believer. He thought America was boss and communism was evil, probably was genuinely religious where as all the decisions made by Bush jnr were couched in all of those things but were mainly about money.

Theresa May was like that I reckon. She loved her cartoon vision of Britain and considered Corbyn a communist heretic. 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I think unlike Dubya and Trump though Reagan was a true believer. He thought America was boss and communism was evil, probably was genuinely religious where as all the decisions made by Bush jnr were couched in all of those things but were mainly about money.

Theresa May was like that I reckon. She loved her cartoon vision of Britain and considered Corbyn a communist heretic. 

Yeah, perhaps true.  Mind you, I reckon Hitler was a true believer as well.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I think unlike Dubya and Trump though Reagan was a true believer. He thought America was boss and communism was evil.

Nixon was the same, in fact Nixon was a lot like Trump in the fact they were/are both felt/feel awkward in addressing personal faith but not shy in enjoying massive support from the White evangelical voters. Nixon had a Quaker background and fought with himself over wanting peace yet using aggressive political tactics. Trump however just had a background shaped by wealth and probably being told to sit in the corner and be quiet due to the fact he's a thick cunt. 

Guest Pistonbroke
20 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

B614D1F8-DF9B-4995-9B35-AD88D397D5B2.jpeg

is that even readable? It won’t let me upload a bigger file size 

No mate, just link it. 

Guest Pistonbroke
12 minutes ago, SasaS said:

These riots are going to give Trump back everything he lost over corona.

I think you'll find a lot of White folk are on the side of the persecuted and even more so are starting to see through Trump's bullshit and his daily fight against anyone in the World who doesn't agree with him. The religious America first nutters are always going to be on his side though, regardless of what happens. 

11 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I think you'll find a lot of White folk are on the side of the persecuted and even more so are starting to see through Trump's bullshit and his daily fight against anyone in the World who doesn't agree with him. The religious America first nutters are always going to be on his side though, regardless of what happens. 

Historically, riots and race riots in particular have always been detrimental to civil rights movements and always strengthen the right. Scenes of widespread looting, wanton destruction and general lawlessness tend to further polarize already increasingly divided society.

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Historically, riots and race riots in particular have always been detrimental to civil rights movements and always strengthen the right. Scenes of widespread looting, wanton destruction and general lawlessness tend to further polarize already increasingly divided society.

History can't change but the future can. America has a lot of problems at the moment and Trump is slowly alienating them, people who pull his strings will be getting itchy feet soon. 

Black Americans in fact all Americans. need to do a voter recruitment drive, everything they can to get people eligible to vote and then go out and vote. It won't change everything in 4 years or 8 but to never vote and say what's the point plays into the hands of people who don't want you to vote. The same goes for everyone everywhere I guess.

14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He's said White House protesters will be met with 'vicious dogs and ominous weapons'. Awesome, what's an ominous weapon? 

"the most vicious dogs and ominous weapons I have ever seen"

Impossible not to read this in the voice of Sassy Trump.

Guest Pistonbroke
17 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He's said White House protesters will be met with 'vicious dogs and ominous weapons'. Awesome, what's an ominous weapon? 

Well the M16 was a bag of shite when used in Vietnam, maybe's he's on about that bad weapon. 

Fun fact- it was actually Canadians who burnt down the White House during the War of 1812 when we sent them packing.*

*technically British as we were still a colony until 1867

We’ll fucking do it  again if they annoy us anymore. And build a giant igloo and plant maple trees in its place. 

• Upvote 1

Stop trying to take credit for our moves. It was British troops.

In 1814 the nearest there was to actual Canadians (apart from the Native North American tribes) were some feral French survivalist nutters with a beaver-hat fetish....