You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

8 hours ago, Grinch said:

He's all bluster.   Most American presidents have been able to start wars for profit, rape foreign lands, aid Israel and basically do as they please.   Some of them like Obama are able to do this whilst maintaining a good guy image. 

This cunt has basically just spoke shit on twitter non stop. 

The president doesn't have any real say in a war starting or it not starting. 

Trump wanted it with Iran and was told to shut the fuck up , he wants it with China and thats never happening.The maniac genuinely wants to 'take' Russia as if he is Rocky Balboa so he is labelled as the greatest but knows full well it ain't happening. He is a fucking lunatic who thinks he runs the world with very little actual world power. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The president doesn't have any real say in a war starting or it not starting. 

Trump wanted it with Iran and was told to shut the fuck up , he wants it with China and thats never happening.The maniac genuinely wants to 'take' Russia as if he is Rocky Balboa so he is labelled as the greatest but knows full well it ain't happening. He is a fucking lunatic who thinks he runs the world with very little actual world power. 

TBH I think starting wars and foreign policy is where the US President actually has the most power and not the least, it's far easier for him to carpet bomb someone that it is to lower domestic taxes or get a judge approved for ther supreme court. Militarily, I think he can do pretty much what he wants, he's the head of state and commander in chief of the military rolled into one, their model is based on Rome and the president is Caesar, the founding fathers really didn't think this through.

There is the genuine prospect of this spinning out of control IMO. The more his back is to the wall and the more his hands are tied domestically as the election approaches the more he'll want to exercise his power the only way he can, starting shit with foreign lands.

Spineless muppet - I remember when he was just kidding about ingesting disinfectant.

Asked how he could “know that phrase and not know it’s racially charged history,” Trump claimed that the phrase was common and has a different, non-threatening meaning.

“Well I’ve heard that phrase for a long time. I don’t know where it came from or where it originated … I’ve heard it for a long time as most people have."

Most people have heard the phrase "When the looting starts, the shooting starts" in any other context??

Trump doesn’t want a war with anyone.

He sabre rattled at North Korea, then ended up shaking Tubby’s hand. 

He sabre rattled at Iran, but when Bolton thought he’d finally persuaded a US President to commit to one, Trump kicked him out of the administration. 

He’ll sabre rattled at China but the reality it’s all pantomime in his ongoing trade war, which is the nearest they’ll ever get to a real war.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

TBH I think starting wars and foreign policy is where the US President actually has the most power and not the least, it's far easier for him to carpet bomb someone that it is to lower domestic taxes or get a judge approved for ther supreme court. Militarily, I think he can do pretty much what he wants, he's the head of state and commander in chief of the military rolled into one, their model is based on Rome and the president is Caesar, the founding fathers really didn't think this through.

There is the genuine prospect of this spinning out of control IMO. The more his back is to the wall and the more his hands are tied domestically as the election approaches the more he'll want to exercise his power the only way he can, starting shit with foreign lands.

Agree with the spinning out of control bit but no he doesn't hold the power on his own to start a war. 

22 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He cannot declare war - he can unilaterally order military action.

Isn't that the same thing? Surely military action is an act of war.

1 minute ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

Isn't that the same thing? Surely military action is an act of war.

Declaration of war is done by Congress. The US hasn't declared war for awhile now. During that time both Obama and Trump have taken on a bunch of military action. I don't think Bush/Congress ever declared war in Afghanistan but Congress may have authorized continued action.

So stuff like Grenada, Libya, Pakistan on up to the killing of Soleimani had nothing to do with Congress.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Republican presidents in my lifetime have always been helmets. Spitting Image used to do sketches about Reagan called "the president's brain is missing." Dubya's malapropisms are legendary. 

You don't need a brain to climb the greasy pole in politics. The difference between Trump and those two is they'd been in that world for years and were also willing to rely on others to run the operation. Trump has basically come straight from being a big fat lord of the manor type and given the keys.

I've said this before but he isn't as bright as Regan or Bush. Watched a documentary on Regans dementia You can see a decline in his speed ,answers and vocabulary between 79-88 but he's still makes far more sense than Trump in terms of diction etc. 

Defo think he's already senile

8 hours ago, littletedwest said:

I've said this before but he isn't as bright as Regan or Bush. Watched a documentary on Regans dementia You can see a decline in his speed ,answers and vocabulary between 79-88 but he's still makes far more sense than Trump in terms of diction etc. 

Defo think he's already senile

Oh deffo, you'll get no argument from me there. I genuinely can't think of anyone more vile and stupid in public life, or outside of it for that matter, as Donald Trump. It's like a bad dream.

I quite liked Reagan, based purely on the fact I was a kid at the time and he seemed pretty funny and easy going. I know a lot of unions and south Americans wont agree.