You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

"I love the Great State of North Carolina, so much so that I insisted on having the Republican National Convention in Charlotte at the end of August," Trump said in a series of tweets. "Unfortunately, Democrat Governor, @RoyCooperNC is still in Shutdown mood & unable to guarantee that by August we will be allowed full attendance in the Arena. In other words, we would be spending millions of dollars building the Arena to a very high standard without even knowing if the Democrat Governor would allow the Republican Party to fully occupy the space."

Elderly Republican party senators all in one place while covid is still spreading? I'd buy that for a dollar!

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
16 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

America is going to be so fucked.

I'm guessing a lot of those women were fucked later on in the evening..........

......by their own brothers. 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Donny won't be happy. Twitter has started posting fact check links to some of his tweets. 

Is this the start of his build-up to seizing perpetual power.

FUTURE POMPEO: “The regional governors now have direct control over their States. Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this Space Force battle station.”

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

FB_IMG_1590664833391.jpg

He will sign an executive order now because of the fact check. https://news.sky.com/story/president-trump-to-sign-executive-order-on-social-media-companies-11995995

The president said: "Republicans feel that social media platforms totally silence conservatives voices. We will strongly regulate, or close them down, before we can ever allow this to happen."

An executive order doing what though? 

He's making some powerful enemies here, the tech oligarchs don't fuck about, I don't think even the cowboy boots and oil brigade in the Republican party fully grasp the fact the world is changing around them when it comes to who's got the money, power and influence in the 21st Century. 

One of the reasons Trump has gone increasingly bonkers in that role is that, in many ways, it's the first time in his life he can't do exactly what he wants. Since the day he popped out he's got his own way, flexing his financial muscles to get what he wants, bully and cajole. As President he can't do that for the first time. Even his executive orders usually end up being watered down or overturned by the courts. He'd be far happier being the Crown Prince of Uganda or some shit. 

Being fucked around by Twitter might just tip him over the edge. Already he can't hold his rallies because of social distancing and is convinced the media is against him, Twitter was all he had. He's going to explode. 

I thought it was canny that Biden said recently he wouldn't pardon Trump if he became President too, which has also raised the stakes. IMO that's the main reason Trump wants to hold onto the role, the immunity aspect, I don't think he's bothered about most of the rest. 

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Whats Obamagate? 

When asked about it at a press conferecne shortly after tweeting the word, Donald Trump said:

Obamagate! It’s been going on for a long time. It’s been going on since before I even got elected … Some terrible things happened, and it should never be allowed to happen in our country again … and I wish you’d write honestly about it but unfortunately you choose not to do so.

I think that's self explanatory. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

So it doesn’t have to be a conspiracy theory to be a conspiracy theory, but it is a conspiracy theory.

QAnon is an Evertonian. Someone well connected, with money to burn, and capable of internet anonymity. Clearly QAnon is Usmanov. Lock him up! Lock him up!