You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mike Pence on why he was the only person in the entire Mayo clinic not wearing a mask:

“As vice president of the United States, I’m tested for the coronavirus on a regular basis, and everyone who is around me is tested for the coronavirus.”

“And since I don’t have the coronavirus, I thought it’d be a good opportunity for me to be here, to be able to speak to these researchers, these incredible healthcare personnel and look them in the eye and say thank you.”

Apparently Mike didn't realize that their eyes would not have been covered by his mask.

22 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

WTF is a 'sanctuary city' ?

Thousands dying because of an epidemic, and hes going to blackmail states to be tougher on immigrants to get relief? Is that what he's implying? Because it sounds like it, but surely it can't be. That's absolutely fucking bonkers.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

The Orange buffoon is using the pandemic to get re-elected again. Claiming China will do anything to stop it happening, you just know that this crap will resonate with the dumb public who will vote for him if only to spite China. He also said about his rival, Biden. 'I believe the people of this country are smart and I don't think they'll put in a man who is incompetent.' Hahahaha....

9 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

The Orange buffoon is using the pandemic to get re-elected again. Claiming China will do anything to stop it happening, you just know that this crap will resonate with the dumb public who will vote for him if only to spite China. He also said about his rival, Biden. 'I believe the people of this country are smart and I don't think they'll put in a man who is incompetent.' Hahahaha....

It will resonate with all those window lickers outside courthouses doing the MAGA dance and calling nurses cunts, but you have to hope he’s alienated people over the last few years and that a lot of the more ‘normal’ people that voted for him last time as a protest vote will see sense this time. 

Then again, all the noise around Joe Biden doesn’t really inspire confidence, does it? It’s not just Trump saying those things about him. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

It will resonate with all those window lickers outside courthouses doing the MAGA dance and calling nurses cunts, but you have to hope he’s alienated people over the last few years and that a lot of the more ‘normal’ people that voted for him last time as a protest vote will see sense this time. 

Then again, all the noise around Joe Biden doesn’t really inspire confidence, does it?

Definitely not. For the first time in ages I think they might just be stupid enough to re-elect the idiot. Having said that, he's desperate to get the wheels of industry turning and that could backfire big time if he eases the lockdown to early, although I'd rather people were safe from CV. I think areas which have been hit the hardest won't be to happy about his actions, although New York has been democratic since the early 1920's anyway. 

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Definitely not. For the first time in ages I think they might just be stupid enough to re-elect the idiot. Having said that, he's desperate to get the wheels of industry turning and that could backfire big time if he eases the lockdown to early, although I'd rather people were safe from CV. I think areas which have been hit the hardest won't be to happy about his actions, although New York has been democratic since the early 1920's anyway. 

Ever since he's got elected in the first place (which I was surprised about), I have absolutely no faith in the US public.  I think they are overwhelmingly thick as shit. He's got big business and the media sewn up (in some cases they've got him sewn up).  It's hard to see him losing.  Let's hope I'm wrong again. 

• Like 1

Guest Pistonbroke
54 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Ever since he's got elected in the first place (which I was surprised about), I have absolutely no faith in the US public.  I think they are overwhelmingly thick as shit. He's got big business and the media sewn up (in some cases they've got him sewn up).  It's hard to see him losing.  Let's hope I'm wrong again. 

It's not just the US either, it would seem Right Wing governments/puppet masters are playing the 'We are thinking of you' card when talking about relaxing restrictions when the only people they are thinking of is the 1%. Plenty of gullible people in all societies who are willing to buy their bullshit, as long as they themselves are not negatively affected. The 'Thick as shit' brigade will just follow whatever the mainstream media pump out or what their mates say on FB or Twitter. I know loads of people who were life long lefties, yet now they claim to be right wing and it is all down to hating on foreigners and swallowing the lines like 'let's make Britain/US great again' etc. Looking at our ages mate, I doubt we'll see another left wing party in power in the UK or the US. Like yourself, I hope I'm wrong.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/30/trump-brad-parscale-campaign-manager

A row between Donald Trump and his election campaign manager, Brad Parscale, over a recent drop in the president’s poll numbers resulted in Trump threatening Parscale with a lawsuit.

The argument reportedly happened last Friday, as the US death toll from the coronavirus pandemic reached 50,000 in three months and the fallout continued from Trump’s suggestion at the White House the night before that taking disinfectant internally could be examined as a possible treatment for coronavirus, even though it is potentially lethal.

But the blow-up was just the latest in a series of tense moments between Trump and his 2020 re-election team, according to reports from multiple outlets including the Washington Post, the Associated Press and CNN.

“I’m not fucking losing to Joe Biden,” Trump reportedly said on a call with Parscale during a meeting with aides. According to multiple sources who spoke to the AP, the president cursed at Parscale repeatedly.

Trump deflected much of the blame for the disappointing polls, ignoring criticismof his performances at the podium during daily White House coronavirus press briefings, where he has repeatedly attacked the media for questioning delays in the government’s response, pushed misinformation and shown little empathyfor victims.

In a meeting two days before the call, political advisers briefed Trump on data sourced internally and from the Republican National Committee. The figures showed the president losing ground against Biden in key battleground states.

Advisers had warned Trump to change his tone at daily coronavirus briefings, citing data that showed the negative coverage was fueling a decline in approval ratings.

The president allegedly balked at the guidance, insisting viewers “love” them and think he’s “fighting for them”. Trump instead pointed to restricted travel and an inability to host campaign rallies as the source of the slump.

After initially refusing to comply with recommendations he step back from the briefings, Trump later relented – after making headlines over the disinfectant row, which prompted cleaning product companies to issue public warnings against ingesting or injecting disinfectant for any reason.

Last Friday, the president took no questions and abruptly left the short briefing, which had been stretching over two hours in evening prime time, and cancelled his weekend press briefings altogether.

“He’s pissed because he knows he messed up in those briefings,” a Republican close to the White House reportedly told CNN.

He also reportedly ranted about a New York Times story on him watching hours of cable news a day and then fuming about his coverage, before spending the weekend attacking reporters and media organizations on Twitter for their coronavirus journalism.

One official told the Washington Post the president was “in a terrible mood with everyone late last week”.

Trump shot back at reports of his growing frustration on Wednesday, telling Reuters he doesn’t “believe the polls”.

“I believe the people of this country are smart. And I don’t think that they will put a man in who’s incompetent,” he said of Biden. Trump said he thought the election did not represent a referendum on his administration’s handling of the pandemic.

While neither the sincerity nor the grounds of the president’s lawsuit threat against Parscale isn’t clear, sources told CNN the two patched things up by that same night. On Thursday, Trump tweeted that Parscale “is doing a great job”.

“I never shouted at him (been with me for years, including the 2016 win), and have no intention to do so,” he wrote.

The president then lashed out at media outlets for reporting on the alleged tensions, taking particular aim at MSNBC and its lead anchor, Brian Williams, in a flood of tweets.

The new White House press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, last week signaled that the president’s White House coronavirus briefings would be less frequent and would take a different slant, pivoting to preparations for reopening the US economy. This week, Trump has been meeting with some state governors in the Oval Office.

At his presser a few minutes ago:

JOHN ROBERTS: The Director of National Intelligence put out a statement saying they think the coronavirus was naturally occurring

TRUMP: Who?

JR: It was a statement from the DNI office

TRUMP: Oh, he would know that, huh?

JR: That would be your Director of National Intelligence

• Upvote 2