You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

11 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Because it's Trump doing it so I'm supposed to be completely blinkered I guess. Fuck CNN.

Watched and read it enough to know that a load of it is complete bullshit.

People are acting like the White House press area is some sacred space that's gonna make or break freedom in America, fuck that. A president should be able to do what the fuck he or she wants with the corporate clown media in the White House. If it's fair it's fair, if it's unfair the people will notice and react to that accordingly, they're not fucking stupid.

If the people decide Trump has banned this guy for good reason they'll take that into account, if they think he hasn't, same thing. If a president bans loads of media for stupid reasons then they'll get shit from the press and the public, they'll only be causing themselves issues and it's why it doesn't usually happen and probably won't happen much in the future. If it does their approval ratings will obviously go to shit.

So whatever.

Would be interesting to see the difference in reaction here if this was Sanders as president and a Fox news guy that just got banned.

Stop bringing KFC into it. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Because it's Trump doing it so I'm supposed to be completely blinkered I guess. Fuck CNN.

People are acting like the White House press area is some sacred space that's gonna make or break freedom in America, fuck that. A president should be able to do what the fuck he or she wants with the corporate clown media in the White House. If it's fair it's fair, if it's unfair the people will notice and react to that accordingly, they're not fucking stupid.

If the people decide Trump has banned this guy for good reason they'll take that into account, if they think he hasn't, same thing. If a president bans loads of media for stupid reasons then they'll get shit from the press and the public, they'll only be causing themselves issues and it's why it doesn't usually happen and probably won't happen much in the future. If it does their approval ratings will obviously go to shit.

So whatever.

Would be interesting to see the difference in reaction here if this was Sanders as president and a Fox news guy that just got banned.

Ah, but how would people know if the President has banned people for a good reason or not, if all the media there are Presidential lapdogs and don't report the reasons?  You've already seen that the White House faked the Jim Acosta footage.  

29 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Ah, but how would people know if the President has banned people for a good reason or not, if all the media there are Presidential lapdogs and don't report the reasons?  You've already seen that the White House faked the Jim Acosta footage.  

If it got to that scenario I think the public would have already tuned out and wouldn't give a shit at all. It's partly why I don't see it as a huge thing, because to do it often would have big consequences. If Trump wins later today it's still gonna have a big reaction from the media, but if he does it repeatedly the press are going to completely go to town on him and the public are obviously going to see that happening, it should also make him doomed at the next election and I don't think many of us will see that as a bad thing obviously.

Then if any other president goes down this route with even one reporter in the future he/she will be reminded repeatedly about what happened to the last president that did this and started getting carried away.

So I think this scenario of a president banning every reporter that isn't liked leaving a totally biased group behind isn't realistic, because it'd be almost 100% political suicide, and I don't think even Trump is stupid enough to go down that route. Even if he is, he'll almost definitely lose the next election anyway, which would be awesome.

4 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

So whatever.

It has nothing to do with Trump, it could be trumo, or twiggy or Samuel L fucking Jackson. 

The White House is publicly owned. Trump has put himself up as a public representative, he is at the behest of his public (or he should be, if he was doing it right). The press are also responsible to the public, for delivering truth and comment on those in public office, and holding them to agreed principles as set out in law and the constitution (otherwise they fail in their primary duty).

truno can ba. Who he wants from his hotels, can refuse interviews with whoever he wants as CEO of Trump inc, but as president he is answerable to the people of that country, and only an utter fucking moron would suggest it is ok to ban reporters from the White House as he lives there.

PUBLIC office. The clues are there.

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, Em City said:

Sounds like he was watching that scene from Gangs of New York and mistook 1863 for modern day Florida.

"Bill the Butcher - tremendous guy, great patriot. The Failing New York Times and the rest of the Fake News ACCUSE him of all these crimes but it's a PHONEY HOAX dreamed up by the Democrats who by the way are bringing in the illegal Irish to vote for them, that I can tell you."

Needs more exclamation marks,

4 hours ago, Arthur Friedenreich said:

truno can ba. Who he wants from his hotels, can refuse interviews with whoever he wants as CEO of Trump inc, but as president he is answerable to the people of that country, and only an utter fucking moron would suggest it is ok to ban reporters from the White House as he lives there.

PUBLIC office. The clues are there.

Wow now I'm an utter fucking moron too! Keep it going you're on a roll. At least you actually explained your point in this post I guess so that's something.

We're obviously not going to agree but I see your point with public office and accept that. I just aren't bothered in this case though. We have on one hand what's classed as being the "leader of the free world" or whatever bullshit in the building he lives in whilst in office, and on the other hand douchebag journos that parrot whatever their corporate bosses want said in the press area for years on end thinking they can just do that freely without any consequence, even to the point of ranting and raving like this guy did when told he was done and resisting letting go of the mic as he went on about.....have a guess....Russia.

So fuck him. It might be public office but the president does still live there and it kind of makes a mockery of the position if he can't even ban a reporter from the place. Also : I'm not sure on this but it could be that he's just banned the reporter and CNN can go ahead and send an even bigger douchebag in there next, which doesn't even mean the outlet is banned. In that case this whole thing really is a farce. And like I said, there'll be consequences for Trump if he wins today anyway, and way worse ones if he keeps doing this so that's a win too.

So even though as an isolated event I see it as kind of interesting, I don't really give a shit about all of the other drama, sorry.

4 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What issue have CNN caused?

The bits I've seen show a journalist politely asking relevant questions.  Is there more to it than that?

I don't like CNN because of the crap they've peddled for years on end, including some of the stuff they were up to in the last election dem primaries, and with what I said in my last post too you can probably get what I mean even if you disagree.

I think he was talking about the caravan of illegals RP.

Interesting to note that Trump went personal with both him and then the NBC reporter who spoke after and defended Acosta.

Also interesting is the lawyer who is bringing the case for CNN is a Republican and worked for Bush. He was asked (and refused) to join Trumps legal team.

52 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Wow now I'm an utter fucking moron too! Keep it going you're on a roll. At least you actually explained your point in this post I guess so that's something.

We're obviously not going to agree but I see your point with public office and accept that. I just aren't bothered in this case though. We have on one hand what's classed as being the "leader of the free world" or whatever bullshit in the building he lives in whilst in office, and on the other hand douchebag journos that parrot whatever their corporate bosses want said in the press area for years on end thinking they can just do that freely without any consequence, even to the point of ranting and raving like this guy did when told he was done and resisting letting go of the mic as he went on about.....have a guess....Russia.

So fuck him. It might be public office but the president does still live there and it kind of makes a mockery of the position if he can't even ban a reporter from the place. Also : I'm not sure on this but it could be that he's just banned the reporter and CNN can go ahead and send an even bigger douchebag in there next, which doesn't even mean the outlet is banned. In that case this whole thing really is a farce. And like I said, there'll be consequences for Trump if he wins today anyway, and way worse ones if he keeps doing this so that's a win too.

So even though as an isolated event I see it as kind of interesting, I don't really give a shit about all of the other drama, sorry.

Trump had already spat his dummy, when he was called out on his racist language. Russia was a side question, which he never got to ask. 

He then has a go at the next guy for asking about threats of violence. 

Nothing to do with Russia whatsoever, but even if it was, what Trump did was wrong.

23 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Trump had already spat his dummy, when he was called out on his racist language. Russia was a side question, which he never got to ask. 

He then has a go at the next guy for asking about threats of violence. 

Nothing to do with Russia whatsoever, but even if it was, what Trump did was wrong.

I wasn't meaning when Drumf lost his rag, was meaning that he didn't stop speaking so he could add in stuff about Russia, which he does just after 1min of the video. It looks like that was actually the reason he resisted passing over the mic too which is what caused half of this drama in the first place.

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

I don't like CNN because of the crap they've peddled for years on end, including some of the stuff they were up to in the last election dem primaries, and with what I said in my last post too you can probably get what I mean even if you disagree.

If CNN were instrumental in getting Hiĺary Clinton selected, Trump shoul suck their collective cock. She is the one candidate he could have defeated. 

Acosta self-evidently did not rant or rave. He asked a legitimate question; y'know, the way journalist should.

So what legitimate reason would Trump have to ban him?

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

If CNN were instrumental in getting Hiĺary Clinton selected, Trump shoul suck their collective cock. She is the one candidate he could have defeated. 

Acosta self-evidently did not rant or rave. He asked a legitimate question; y'know, the way journalist should.

So what legitimate reason would Trump have to ban him?

Maybe Trump should, but having either of them in office has never been something that a lot of us who lean further to the left have been content with the idea of. And maybe Acosta didn't rant or rave so much, one of the clips I watched was mainly to listen and as the camera was focused on Trump maybe I thought some of the noise from one or two other journos was actually him.

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Good to see you back, RP. 

Thanks, but I only posted in here to have a dig at CNN really and didn't expect this to go on like it has done. Hopefully I'll be back out of here shortly!

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump has nominated handbag designer Lana Marks to be the next US ambassador to South Africa.

Marks, a Florida resident and member of Trump's exclusive Mar-a-Lago resort, according to a source familiar with the club, was born and raised in South Africa, where she attended the University of the Witwatersrand and the Institute of Personnel Management in Johannesburg, the White House said in a statement.

In other news his golf Caddy has been appointed Russian Ambassador 

8 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yes, use your internet browser to find the definition of moron, it’s being used correctly.

My first response was concise, as I didn’t feel the need to elucidate. Gobshite - you are talking shite.

You show up in political debates and talk utter bollocks from a supposed  position of an informed observer.

add something useful, or talk bollocks in a thread that is for talking bollocks in, don’t pollute the political threads, or expect to be lambasted.

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

Fixed.

Not quite, I can accept a different opinion, as long as it is informed and considered. Yours maybe considered, but it is very poorly informed.

debate is healthy, spouting utter fucking rubbish and then replying “I’m not bothered” is a waste of time.

It is a clear refusal to budge from your position, as expected from a child or someone intellectually challenged.

56 minutes ago, Arthur Friedenreich said:

Not quite, I can accept a different opinion, as long as it is informed and considered. Yours maybe considered, but it is very poorly informed.

debate is healthy, spouting utter fucking rubbish and then replying “I’m not bothered” is a waste of time.

It is a clear refusal to budge from your position, as expected from a child or someone intellectually challenged.

I'm not interested in arguing, and your posts seem to be a mix of insults and baiting so I'll leave you to that and not respond to it. We're free to post in here with our views and of course you're free to call me what you want too, doesn't mean I have to start getting wound up though or calling you a load of shit back. If you don't like my views on this subject I don't care, I wasn't looking for your approval.

I think the US president should be allowed to ban a reporter from the White House during their term in office (so it's temporary, and I didn't mention outlets just reporters). In the case of Trump I'm not that interested apart from the fact that it could fuck his chances of getting elected again if he did it often, so that'd be good. I'm mainly thinking of how this could be useful for any future president that I might actually have a decent bit of respect for. If they're being wound up weekly by corporate fucking hacks spouting inane shit that I don't think they should have to deal with because it's designed to bait them, then yeah, I think the president should have the power to ban them from one building. I don't think it's such a doomsday scenario really (because if it's used often I think the public and press would make sure it was their last term in office, which would warn others against doing the same in future.)

It might be "public office" but I don't think that means hacks should be able to turn up there regularly spouting the same type of bullshit that their agenda-driven bosses have told them to come out with. I'm not even saying that this is what Acosta did, but the potential is clearly there and I think there should be some consequence if that happens. Also in the case of Trump it can be fun thinking he's being wound up with stuff like this, but I don't like some of these outlets either. So if they carry on causing each other problems for a couple more years and cause their reputations some lasting damage I'm fine with that too.

17 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Just for fun RP - is suggesting that a caravan of immigrants probably is not a cover for Middle Eastern terrorists inane?

Nope, and I don't really have a huge issue with Acosta either. I also thought this would be resolved today but it's now tomorrow, then there'll be other stuff being decided on in a few weeks, and it could drag out for a lot longer than I thought at first. So I'm not going to be regularly posting in here about it which some here will probably be glad to know.