You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trump's fortune came from his father who got rich from the post war government housing grants of which he was a very willing recipient. This was passed onto his son who lost a fair bit of it but had so much it was pretty near impossible to lose it all. The irony that the idiot son wants to deregulate everything and allow people like him to run amok without restriction by government regulations is hilarious if not so sad to most of the population who will lose out because of this wanton greed. The son bites off the hand which made his father and by proxy him, obscenely rich.

Sometimes i wonder if im wrong hoping a lot of these red necked right wing loons do loose everything for people big enough wankers to not only believe him during the election but to continue to be hodwinked by his shite and still shouting about the snowflake liberal commie scum

I think there is an issue here that the longer he continues to be a complete buffoon the more likely he will be impeached or removed from office, this in turn may allow for some of the most ghoulish people on the planet (the GOP hierarchy) to take over. They would then seem fairly normal in comparison to what has preceded them while enacting some of the worst policy ever invented, at least with Trump's team in position the outstanding levels of incompetence shields people slightly.

I think there is an issue here that the longer he continues to be a complete buffoon the more likely he will be impeached or removed from office, this in turn may allow for some of the most ghoulish people on the planet (the GOP hierarchy) to take over. They would then seem fairly normal in comparison to what has preceded them while enacting some of the worst policy ever invented, at least with Trump's team in position the outstanding levels of incompetence shields people slightly.

I think the GOP are already enacting policies that will screw ordinary people over for the next several generations fully shielded by the circus surrounding Trump. As long as he is the focus, Ryan, Pence, Bannon et al have pretty much free reign.

An impeachment does not necessarily signal a change in President. For impeachment to be successful it needs the majority of the Senate (I think the threshold is 60 of 100 senators) to vote for it. The first issue will thus be getting 60 votes, which will be difficult in a Republican majority Senate. In other words, the Republicans themselves will have to turn on Trump to see him impeached. It may well be that enough of them will do this, and if it comes to that the court of public opinion will sway them, rather than any particular right or wrong. Public opinion on Trump in America is bad. He has the lowest approval ratings in history of any new President, by a huge margin. And almost 50% of the population already want to see him impeached.

There are two solid grounds on which to impeach him. The current FBI investigation into collusion with the Russians to undermine the integrity of the election is potential fertile ground for impeachment. As is the financial stuff (can't be bothered citing it all, but there are many instances of Trump being financially favoured by foreign governments, or agents of government, which is in direct violation of the Constitution's emolument provision). Americans don't like that stuff, as nobody wants to be bought and paid for by dem foreigners.

So impeachment could happen, but I think the poll numbers will need to go higher before enough Republicans turn on Trump to get it done. As an aside, when Republican President Nixon was impeached, it was a Democrat Congress. When Democrat Bill Clinton was impeached, it was a Republican Congress. So Trumps impeachment will have to come from his own party, at least in part.

So let's say he is impeached, what happens then?

Well, Nixon resigned but Clinton did not. Arguably Trump could be charged with whatever he is charged with and face the music for that without standing down. And it's possible that he will be happy to take on the Republican establishment as he can't really stand them, and vice versa... it's a total marriage of convenience at present.

If he does step down, or the charges are so bad that some sort of force majeuer comes into play and he is removed from office (again it will need his own party to tip that balance) then Mike Pence will be the President.

At that point it will be the usual political ideological battle if and when Pence becomes President. He is steady and competent, and the Republican base likes him... but obviously his agenda will be typical conservative stuff - big military, tax cuts, small government/welfare, etc. and it will be up to the Democrats to put forth a better case that would see them elected and governing with their own agenda.

If Pence becomes President and Trump is charged, one of the first things he will probably do is grant Trump a Presidential pardon. It's what Gerald Ford did under similar circumstances when he replaced Nixon.

The likelihood of Trump facing the music is, I'm afraid, slim to nil. Even if it all goes completely pear shaped for him and he is ousted, he will leave office a richer man, with his business interests strengthened, and he will almost certainly get a Presidential pardon from the next fella if charges are brought that would see him ousted.

• Upvote 5

Trump will hang on to the bitter end and if he is finally ousted it will be of a promise of a pardon , Agree with previous posters and there is absolutely no realistic chance he will face justice, He would literally have to step our of Trump Tower and shoot a passer by to be prosecuted,  

That's why I said it was a fair dig. My post still stands though, and Brock is scum.

Fuck's sake, insane timing. The guy has just had a heart attack. No I don't take no pleasure at all from the news. Not into being happy when people are ill or celebrating when they die and so on.

I genuinely reckon most of the people I know, and most of the people on here, could do a better job  than Trump, seriously. The first things most sane people would do after they'd shit their pants was take some advice from experts, not say they don't need it because they have 'plenty of intelligence' and then move their family into some top jobs. It's the hubris only a billionaire sociopath can have. 

At least they would realise that they are President and have some idea of what that means.  That alone would make them better than 45.

Right wing prick using it for political gain;

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-39361079

Donald Trump Jr criticises London mayor after terror attack

_95278905_trump_tweet_624.jpg

Totally out of context and purely because he slagged his dad off last year.

The other side are just as guilty of this, the left get to blame and have a dig at the right for stuff they might be thinking, saying and doing as well as US and UK foreign policy.