You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke

History repeats itself. If no-one stands up to fascism at the beginning, then you've already lost.

Indeed, give someone an inch and they'll take a yard. This whole 90 day period is probably Trump and his goonies testing the waters. 

I would never criticise people for getting together and making a noise about a d*ckhead, that's fine. But these placards in this country - it's all a bit Facebook, Hey everyone, look at my wacky placard! It's totes lolz.

Where are the protests for being under the Tory jackboot? Maybe they happened, maybe the news just didn't show them because Trump is an 'entertaining' cartoon character and May is a demonic crow in league with the Devil.

• Upvote 1

I disagree with you on Trump turning against Hindus etc. But we'll find out in 4 years if he did won't we.

Also, I don't blame Trump for morons in the US not knowing the difference. Individuals should be taking responsibility to educate themselves of the basics.

Edit - deleted repeated line.

It seems you are very naive in thinking fascists like Trump and his backers don't realise any difference between various ethnicities and cultures,eg I bet that Puerto Ricans while bear the same backlash as Mexicans will.

• Upvote 1

"betrayed" some of the language coming out of that administration now is terrifying. 

Exactly - anyone who blocks the will of the supreme leader is a traitor. 

They have their enemy within. They just now need a convenient enemy without (China? Possibly even Russia in a couple of years) as a reason for quashing dissent and calling all who oppose traitors.

I don't often make predictions and I fucking hope I'm wrong but i strongly suspect that he will have found some excuse to bestow emergency powers on himself by the end of 2018.

What will the Reichstag fire moment be? Who knows, i think it will be spectacular, involve a muslim allegedly funded by 'liberals' and Cruz, Ryan et al will play along with it.

This is fucking terrifying and that horrible cunt of an unelected prime minister has our country playing along with it.    

• Upvote 1

I would never criticise people for getting together and making a noise about a d*ckhead, that's fine. But these placards in this country - it's all a bit Facebook, Hey everyone, look at my wacky placard! It's totes lolz.

Where are the protests for being under the Tory jackboot? Maybe they happened, maybe the news just didn't show them because Trump is an 'entertaining' cartoon character and May is a demonic crow in league with the Devil.

Do you not think it's a bit embarrassing for May?

They have their enemy within. They just now need a convenient enemy without (China? Possibly even Russia in a couple of years) as a reason for quashing dissent and calling all who oppose traitors.

I don't often make predictions and I fucking hope I'm wrong but i strongly suspect that he will have found some excuse to bestow emergency powers on himself by the end of 2018.

What will the Reichstag fire moment be? Who knows, i think it will be spectacular, involve a muslim allegedly funded by 'liberals' and Cruz, Ryan et al will play along with it.

This is fucking terrifying and that horrible cunt of an unelected prime minister has our country playing along with it.    

Yep, got to be some kind of false flag attack coming soon to legitimise what Trump is doing.

Do you not think it's a bit embarrassing for May?

With Trump acting like a spoilt brat / bully all the way through his campaign and now, if we want our trade deal, I think we've got to take the option of just bending over and accepting it.

Can't go upsetting the man who'll help bail us out the whole the numpties have put us in.

Worrying times, but I suspect he'd use something happening abroad as much as he would on native soil.  I'm assuming that your penultimate paragraph was referring to an event on uS soil. Apologies if I've read it wrong.

Section_31, on 31 Jan 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

It has to be said in general though, US customs/airport staff are a gaggle of scum in my experience. No GCSEs and a machine gun do an extreme martinet make.

They do genuinely think everywhere outside their borders looks like the future from Terminator and you should be grateful for being allowed in, even for a few days.

Agreed. A bunch of dopey cunts in general.

Last time I had to go to the US for work, the guy at the desk tries to be all clever and says something along the lines of "ye not going to try stay in the US while you're there are ya?" I told him exactly this "I don't even want to go there in the first place, and if given the chance I'd never visit the place again. So you're fairly safe to assume that I won't be staying". Cunt muttered something and then proceeded to take his time letting me through. Now they have King Cunt in charge so they'll just up the cuntiness.

All the "betrayed" stuff regarding the AG is genuinely frightening.

Isn't the role of the AG and her overriding responsibility to the law? To ensure that the government of the day is acting legally?

If Trump is going to start dismissing people who respect the law of the land and want to ensure that it's being followed, rather than submit to his every demand, be they illegal or of questionable legality, that's embarking on the road to a dictatorship.