Jump to content
withnail71

Cancer

Recommended Posts

Really sorry Stig, horrible time for you.   Its really OK to cry, don't go holding that shit In or you'll combust.   Tears aren't a weakness. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks again. I'm locking myself in for 24 hours. Gonna put the music on later and slowly get pissed. 

 

Apologies in advance..... 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thanks again. I'm locking myself in for 24 hours. Gonna put the music on later and slowly get pissed. 

 

Apologies in advance..... 

Do what you have to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

My missus has been in hospital four weeks today, hope against hope she is out this week. She has suffered alright. 

Fingers crossed for you both that she is mate. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

My mum passed away the early hours of this morning. She isn’t in any pain now. Her house has been a circus for days but last night she had us close family round and then we said our goodbyes and left her husband with her. 
 

I don’t know how I feel at all. It hasn’t sunk in one bit. I’ve just been doing normal stuff since I got the call at half 4. Terrified if it’s some sort of delayed grief but I’m just relieved she is out of pain. 
 

 

Sorry to hear this, mate. Condolences to you and your family. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost my mum 40 years ago suddenly, it still hurts. Lost a best friend to cancer about 3 years ago, we'd been friends since childhood. Losing a great friend to cancer right now who was told just under 4 months ago he had only three months to live. 

 

It truly is decimating to the lives of everyone affected, a horrible diseases that teases some of those with it into believing they are cured and then crushing their hope when it returns. That is at least my experience. 

 

You have years of great memories with your mother and in time they will come to be a great comfort. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

My missus has been in hospital four weeks today, hope against hope she is out this week. She has suffered alright. 

Is she skyping you yet? 

 

How's she doing I herself, it must be really tough with no visitors breaking up the day and distracting you from what's happening. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Is she skyping you yet? 

 

How's she doing I herself, it must be really tough with no visitors breaking up the day and distracting you from what's happening. 

She doesn’t want to skype, we have taken her tonnes of food she is eating a bit better. She has to have another drain put in and is going for a mammogram as they found a lesion on here breast, pray to god that is nothing she has had a cyst before. My head is fucking spinning so I can’t imagine hers mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sorry to hear of your loss Stig.

 

I lost my Mum many years ago when I was 17. I have no idea if this will help mate but when my mum passed I got what was my favourite picture of her and stuck it in my pocket. Whenever there was a time when I thought of something I wanted to say to her I took out the photograph and said it to that. It is not that I am religious, I am not. It simply helped me cope.  I truly hope you find your way, I have a feeling you will.

 

"In the garden of memory, in the palace of dreams ... that is where you and I shall meet"

- Alice through the looking glass.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

My mum passed away the early hours of this morning. She isn’t in any pain now. Her house has been a circus for days but last night she had us close family round and then we said our goodbyes and left her husband with her. 
 

I don’t know how I feel at all. It hasn’t sunk in one bit. I’ve just been doing normal stuff since I got the call at half 4. Terrified if it’s some sort of delayed grief but I’m just relieved she is out of pain. 
 

 

Sorry to hear that, Damian. My condolences to you and your family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thanks again. I'm locking myself in for 24 hours. Gonna put the music on later and slowly get pissed. 

 

Apologies in advance..... 

This sounds like a good idea. 

Before you know it you'll be involved in organising stuff and having conversations with people and family, and speaking about things that you would never have imagined speaking about.  And it will all go by in a blur at 100mph.  So taking some time to yourself right now will be more than warranted.

Sorry for your loss.

 

Sorry to everyone else on here too who's suffered or is suffering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

She doesn’t want to skype, we have taken her tonnes of food she is eating a bit better. She has to have another drain put in and is going for a mammogram as they found a lesion on here breast, pray to god that is nothing she has had a cyst before. My head is fucking spinning so I can’t imagine hers mate.

fuck mate, she is going through it. you must feel pretty helpless too, which i can imagine is really frustrating. this is one of the things i think it's really hard to get used to, is just being completely in the hands of the doctors and not being able to look more than a day or so ahead at a time. finger crossed she can get out soon and it's more straight forward from here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Gaul said:

fuck mate, she is going through it. you must feel pretty helpless too, which i can imagine is really frustrating. this is one of the things i think it's really hard to get used to, is just being completely in the hands of the doctors and not being able to look more than a day or so ahead at a time. finger crossed she can get out soon and it's more straight forward from here. 

Thanks mate, hope to god she is ok she is literally my best mate as well as being my missus. The kids are taking it well on the outside but they will be going through it obviously.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Thanks mate, hope to god she is ok she is literally my best mate as well as being my missus. The kids are taking it well on the outside but they will be going through it obviously.

how old are the kids? when i went through my stuff i thought the kids were doing well, but they really struggled and would just hide it from me. it still bothers me now that i missed it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

how old are the kids? when i went through my stuff i thought the kids were doing well, but they really struggled and would just hide it from me. it still bothers me now that i missed it. 

They’re adults mate but they have been home because of Covid. My daughter is 22 next month going back to Uni my lad is 26 and starting in a College soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

They’re adults mate but they have been home because of Covid. My daughter is 22 next month going back to Uni my lad is 26 and starting in a College soon.

not so bad then and they should be mature enough to talk to you about it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

My mum passed away the early hours of this morning. She isn’t in any pain now. Her house has been a circus for days but last night she had us close family round and then we said our goodbyes and left her husband with her. 
 

I don’t know how I feel at all. It hasn’t sunk in one bit. I’ve just been doing normal stuff since I got the call at half 4. Terrified if it’s some sort of delayed grief but I’m just relieved she is out of pain. 
 

 

Really sorry to read this Stig mate, take care of yourself as best you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

My mum passed away the early hours of this morning. She isn’t in any pain now. Her house has been a circus for days but last night she had us close family round and then we said our goodbyes and left her husband with her. 
 

I don’t know how I feel at all. It hasn’t sunk in one bit. I’ve just been doing normal stuff since I got the call at half 4. Terrified if it’s some sort of delayed grief but I’m just relieved she is out of pain. 
 

 

Really sorry to hear this, Stig. I can only echo what others have posted- take care of yourself and try and remember the good times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×