Quantcast
Cancer - Page 84 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
withnail71

Cancer

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Usually I dread seeing this thread on the front page, but it's great to have good news!

 

 

Agreed. And I like the aspect that most of us are only connected by a username , avatar and posts around a forum (beans related or otherwise), but you really feel invested in the good (or sometimes bad) news when it emerges.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mate of my dad died Thursday. He was at my dads funeral and well which was end of May.

He retired around then diagnosed and died so quick.

Also a good friend of mine, her mums been terminal for a while she's now at the end my mate says, shes only 55.

Depressing shit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, littletedwest said:

Mate of my dad died Thursday. He was at my dads funeral and well which was end of May.

He retired around then diagnosed and died so quick.

Also a good friend of mine, her mums been terminal for a while she's now at the end my mate says, shes only 55.

Depressing shit

 

Sorry to hear that mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My birds auntie passed away from it last week. Funeral is Friday. Lovely woman, been diagnosed just over a year and was given 12/13 months to live so they were accurate about that. She did the race for life in the summer and for someone poorly seemed to be doing well. The last 4 weeks she completely deteriorated. 3 kids as well. Thankfully our of school, two 17 year old daughters and a 21 year old son. I honestly believe there is a cure out there and they are keeping it from us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

My birds auntie passed away from it last week. Funeral is Friday. Lovely woman, been diagnosed just over a year and was given 12/13 months to live so they were accurate about that. She did the race for life in the summer and for someone poorly seemed to be doing well. The last 4 weeks she completely deteriorated. 3 kids as well. Thankfully our of school, two 17 year old daughters and a 21 year old son. I honestly believe there is a cure out there and they are keeping it from us. 

What makes you say that stig? Because you think there's more money to be made from treating cancer than curing it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

What makes you say that stig? Because you think there's more money to be made from treating cancer than curing it?

Yep and population control. Its all a masterplan mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep and population control. Its all a masterplan mate. 

This is a joke, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can certainly see a reason why for big pharma they'd like to keep the disease there - the costs of the drugs is just insane, I don't know about the chemo, but the other stuff. I had a drug called cetuximab, which from what I can tell looking around the internet, an average treatment is about $80k. Why would you want to shutdown that revenue stream? 

 

But the reality is there are so many cancer charities trying to cure this disease, I just can't believe there are people who know the answer but would be able to keep it to themselves. I can see big pharma is perhaps not putting the r&d dollars into cure as it could be bad for business, but I don't see how if there is a cure it could escape everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curing cancer doesn't eradicate cancer, the demand for a cure will be unbelievable and continue ad finitum. What makes people think that would be any less profitable then treatment? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I can certainly see a reason why for big pharma they'd like to keep the disease there - the costs of the drugs is just insane, I don't know about the chemo, but the other stuff. I had a drug called cetuximab, which from what I can tell looking around the internet, an average treatment is about $80k. Why would you want to shutdown that revenue stream? 

 

But the reality is there are so many cancer charities trying to cure this disease, I just can't believe there are people who know the answer but would be able to keep it to themselves. I can see big pharma is perhaps not putting the r&d dollars into cure as it could be bad for business, but I don't see how if there is a cure it could escape everyone. 

Glad to belatedly read your good news Wom. Also glad you have t had to actually spend the cost of the drugs via the American health market.

When you consider the auld bastards among the royal family tend to hit high numbers it does sometimes make you question treatment availability.  But also if money was no object, Steve Jobs would have sorted something.

I’d say if and when it becomes actionable to switch off (either genetically or via maintenance pharmaceutically) it will likely be available to those who can afford it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost my younger sister last January which probably changed me forever after seeing it’s vicious progress as time went on. 

You seem to get extra strength, even though it’s deeply upsetting inside, visiting every other day and the frustration of not been able to do anything.

One time after a few days in Liverpool I came back and she had slipped into unconsciousness, our Steven was playing music and talking to her, this is when it hit me bad knowing the inevitable was at hand, so for 3 days we never left her side holding her hand until she went, then packing all her stuff up to take away was quite harrowing but has to be done. 

After knowing about the shit but sweeping it under the carpet for years , it had finally come in a personal way and it’s hard and I won’t forget that experience. 

I also lost a good friend of mine , who was a member on here, 3weeks ago . He had only moved back to Liverpool 2 years ago after living down here for many years , it’s hard to take in that these have gone , but it is what is , a bastard, a fuckin’ bastard.

  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Glad to belatedly read your good news Wom. Also glad you have t had to actually spend the cost of the drugs via the American health market.

When you consider the auld bastards among the royal family tend to hit high numbers it does sometimes make you question treatment availability.  But also if money was no object, Steve Jobs would have sorted something.

I’d say if and when it becomes actionable to switch off (either genetically or via maintenance pharmaceutically) it will likely be available to those who can afford it.

So there is definitely something to how late the royals live, but I genuinely think that is because of better all round medical care. As much as everyone loves the NHS, it's not a bottomless pit and it does fail, especially during periods of austerity (or Tory rule) like we're going through at the moment. The fact is our NHS care falls short many times. As lucky as I was, the NHS at times was awful - individuals were brilliant, but I'm talking about the NHS machine. They are so short staffed too, so short of resources, your health is at risk when you're under their care. I actually started my process paying for my initial scope and I did it in the hospital Prince Phillip is currently in. The difference between there and the NHS is incredible. It's LFC against Tranmere and ultimately that won't extend people's lives. Not everyone gets the treatment. Or not everyone can get it quickly enough. It shortens lives. I don't think it's a conspiracy, it's just we get Aldi brand treatment. 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

So there is definitely something to how late the royals live, but I genuinely think that is because of better all round medical care. As much as everyone loves the NHS, it's not a bottomless pit and it does fail, especially during periods of austerity (or Tory rule) like we're going through at the moment. The fact is our NHS care falls short many times. As lucky as I was, the NHS at times was awful - individuals were brilliant, but I'm talking about the NHS machine. They are so short staffed too, so short of resources, your health is at risk when you're under their care. I actually started my process paying for my initial scope and I did it in the hospital Prince Phillip is currently in. The difference between there and the NHS is incredible. It's LFC against Tranmere and ultimately that won't extend people's lives. Not everyone gets the treatment. Or not everyone can get it quickly enough. It shortens lives. I don't think it's a conspiracy, it's just we get Aldi brand treatment. 

Bang on, that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

So there is definitely something to how late the royals live, but I genuinely think that is because of better all round medical care. As much as everyone loves the NHS, it's not a bottomless pit and it does fail, especially during periods of austerity (or Tory rule) like we're going through at the moment. The fact is our NHS care falls short many times. As lucky as I was, the NHS at times was awful - individuals were brilliant, but I'm talking about the NHS machine. They are so short staffed too, so short of resources, your health is at risk when you're under their care. I actually started my process paying for my initial scope and I did it in the hospital Prince Phillip is currently in. The difference between there and the NHS is incredible. It's LFC against Tranmere and ultimately that won't extend people's lives. Not everyone gets the treatment. Or not everyone can get it quickly enough. It shortens lives. I don't think it's a conspiracy, it's just we get Aldi brand treatment. 

Its also because they've never done a tap of work in their lives. They've slept well, eaten well, and had the best of everything.

 

They're a microcosm of how long humans could live if we weren't forced into shite jobs, eating shite convenience food, and a myriad of other debilitating factors. Even people that we consider "superfit" aren't abnormally long lived. Probably just wear their bodies out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh aye, with the royals it’s also down to getting the best of everything.

 

Even a top of the range mattress improves your quality of life and health. Then there’s highest-grade food etc. Personal dietician. Personal

chef. Optimal levels of vitamins and minerals. 

All adds up when you’re being supported for life money no object by everyone else.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I lost my younger sister last January which probably changed me forever after seeing it’s vicious progress as time went on. 

You seem to get extra strength, even though it’s deeply upsetting inside, visiting every other day and the frustration of not been able to do anything.

One time after a few days in Liverpool I came back and she had slipped into unconsciousness, our Steven was playing music and talking to her, this is when it hit me bad knowing the inevitable was at hand, so for 3 days we never left her side holding her hand until she went, then packing all her stuff up to take away was quite harrowing but has to be done. 

After knowing about the shit but sweeping it under the carpet for years , it had finally come in a personal way and it’s hard and I won’t forget that experience. 

I also lost a good friend of mine , who was a member on here, 3weeks ago . He had only moved back to Liverpool 2 years ago after living down here for many years , it’s hard to take in that these have gone , but it is what is , a bastard, a fuckin’ bastard.

Really resonates with me this. You get extra strength while they are ill. Sleepless nights and seeing them low.

I wasnt prepared for the grief though. I thought because I knew it was coming ect it would be easier. But most days it hits me at some point.

 

What makes me laugh is the care home he was in rang me to say he'd passed. I drove there got out the car, got to his room. Then heard him say " it's ok I'll walk it off".

He'd had a seizure, so when they rang me he had stopped breathing but a minute later he took another breath. Poor carer was mortified, she tried to ring me but I was driving.We laugh now only my dad would try and walk off death

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Its also because they've never done a tap of work in their lives. They've slept well, eaten well, and had the best of everything.

 

They're a microcosm of how long humans could live if we weren't forced into shite jobs, eating shite convenience food, and a myriad of other debilitating factors. Even people that we consider "superfit" aren't abnormally long lived. Probably just wear their bodies out.

Yeah, they have loads going for them. I don't want to assess the effort they put into work, because they do work, just different to me. But I do a job based out of an office, which is different to other people across my family or other generations. I'm pretty sure physical hard jobs are tougher on your body than what I do. But they don't go home and cook and clean and iron or whatever. So there life is easier, they get better food, better medical care, better everything, but I don't think it indicates a conspiracy is all I'm saying. 

 

Oh and your point about space lizards is valid too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Really resonates with me this. You get extra strength while they are ill. Sleepless nights and seeing them low.

I wasnt prepared for the grief though. I thought because I knew it was coming ect it would be easier. But most days it hits me at some point.

 

What makes me laugh is the care home he was in rang me to say he'd passed. I drove there got out the car, got to his room. Then heard him say " it's ok I'll walk it off".

He'd had a seizure, so when they rang me he had stopped breathing but a minute later he took another breath. Poor carer was mortified, she tried to ring me but I was driving.We laugh now only my dad would try and walk off death

Haha walk it off , yes sometimes the grief hits at some point and it probably always will , sometimes say when at the bar in the pub something will come on the jukebox, that may remind you and that can be quite tough to keep it inside , but it’s surprising how you do deal with it and how it ease in time , though you’ve learnt that death is sadly a part of life.Grim.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

So there is definitely something to how late the royals live, but I genuinely think that is because of better all round medical care. As much as everyone loves the NHS, it's not a bottomless pit and it does fail, especially during periods of austerity (or Tory rule) like we're going through at the moment. The fact is our NHS care falls short many times. As lucky as I was, the NHS at times was awful - individuals were brilliant, but I'm talking about the NHS machine. They are so short staffed too, so short of resources, your health is at risk when you're under their care. I actually started my process paying for my initial scope and I did it in the hospital Prince Phillip is currently in. The difference between there and the NHS is incredible. It's LFC against Tranmere and ultimately that won't extend people's lives. Not everyone gets the treatment. Or not everyone can get it quickly enough. It shortens lives. I don't think it's a conspiracy, it's just we get Aldi brand treatment. 

It’s unilateral over here, iv always been treated for my kidney disease in the public hospital system, as it’s a chronic condition, but if you earn above a certain income, you have to have private health insurance or your tax is increased (which is a fairly progressive system) via supplementary payments.

i had my first op at end of September cancelled, so switched to a different hospital with a much bigger transplant team, then used my private health insurance to access the surgical team in their private capacity, and was under the knife in 6 weeks. I’m back in the public system for my 3 months of ongoing recovery treatment.

its a tiered system, that I have made the best of, but it still pisses me off and I feel guilty that the fella down the road can’t access the same treatment.

Health insurance costs us about 380$ per

month, me da has to pay the same, luckily he still had his, or we couldn’t have done the transplant privately. He’s retired now, and me step ma doesn’t earn a great deal as she is part time. They are thinking of giving up the private health cover now, at the time of life when they are more likely to need it.

WRT the royal leeches, I get the point about better all around living, it is just one of those things that make yer go, hmm. 
lack of investment in the Public Health ServiceS seems to be the same in these modern English speaking democracies, free market comes first. It’s unenlightened, and a stain on the countries involved.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My ex-wife survived breast cancer 2 or 3 years ago and it looks like it’s back as secondary cancer of the bone, which from reading online isn’t curable.

 

shes got an appointment on Tuesday to find out more.

 

im in bits every time I think about what it’s going to do to my little girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

My ex-wife survived breast cancer 2 or 3 years ago and it looks like it’s back as secondary cancer of the bone, which from reading online isn’t curable.

 

shes got an appointment on Tuesday to find out more.

 

im in bits every time I think about what it’s going to do to my little girl.

Mate thats awful news, everything crossed for Tuesday x 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

My ex-wife survived breast cancer 2 or 3 years ago and it looks like it’s back as secondary cancer of the bone, which from reading online isn’t curable.

 

shes got an appointment on Tuesday to find out more.

 

im in bits every time I think about what it’s going to do to my little girl.

Lousy news mate. Hope everything works out well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • I will be disappointed him going elsewhere and even more so if we don’t sign another good attacker.
    • I'd be happy with Romero from United as back up to Ali this summer. A decent number 2 would be a big addition to the squad and he is very good. At least someone of his ilk. I hate picking on players and Adrian seems like a good lad but if we had Romero in goal for the Chelsea FA cup game and the Athletico game, I think we would be still on for the treble.   Scary if we don't have the money to cover Werner. My feeling is the club has a big stash of money, but is cautious about the current situation. I do get that, but we need to be building another great team with young lads coming in to the team slowly getting experience. Not many players currently improve our starting line up and Werner as good as he is right now is an example of that. Different story in 1-2 years though. To be fair, we have some really top lads like Jones and Elliot, but unfair to think they can step up next season. Hopefully, they get minutes when we wrap up the title with Minamino to prepare them for next season, because they may be needed more than I would like.   My hope is that the club have another option and are holding their powder dry on someone like Havertz or Sancho. I have this feeling we could sign Sancho, but the deal will be funded by selling Sadio or Mo. Rightly or wrongly that is how the club are run.    I do predict that they will build the annie road expansion in the next few years. We will be a top team regardless of their spending for a number of years, but I think they will never spend big on a regular basis. With Newcastle possibly becoming one of the wealthiest clubs in the world, I see them selling us for a gigantic profit in 3-4 years.
    • I agree. I think the plan next summer would have been Werner for one of the front three going out.
    • Dickheads. I like Benfica 
    • That just sounds like the normal shite from the propaganda merchants that call themselves reporters. Just think it through. We want to wait. Werner is willing to wait. RBL say "do it now". Except Warner has another release clause next year cheaper than this year. RBL can't force him to move, he's a footballer not a slave. It's just shite. We just don't want to pay the money and don't want to admit that because another English club can do it when a top player is ready to move. We never buy unless we sell, I don't know why anyone is shocked. It's not covid or anything, it's just how we do business and no different to the likes of when we lost Salah to Chelsea.
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Now

  • Popular Contributors

  • Football Betting Site Betway
  • Footstock
  • Online Bingo
×