Jump to content
withnail71

Cancer

Recommended Posts

Oh well, finally had the preliminary scan. It was booked for the wrong time, about 45 minutes late. By Mount Whatsits record so far that wasn't bad I suppose. Got home and crashed out, bloody knackering this is. Fuck knows what a months worth is gonna be like.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Oh well, finally had the preliminary scan. It was booked for the wrong time, about 45 minutes late. By Mount Whatsits record so far that wasn't bad I suppose. Got home and crashed out, bloody knackering this is. Fuck knows what a months worth is gonna be like.

Stay strong buddy. You've got to keep looking after yourself - the stronger you can be, the better you'll be able to deal with any treatment. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Oh well, finally had the preliminary scan. It was booked for the wrong time, about 45 minutes late. By Mount Whatsits record so far that wasn't bad I suppose. Got home and crashed out, bloody knackering this is. Fuck knows what a months worth is gonna be like.

Worth it mate.

 

They're different cancers obviously, but my sister in law took Ill with lung cancer and had chemo as well as radiotherapy which wiped her out.

Just as she finished her treatment and had a scan they found she had breast cancer too so there was treatment for that as well.

 

It was a hard slog for her and she hated the travelling and waiting around too and she had to use patient transport which made it worse.

But she's still here pissing me off (she's boss really) by binge watching The Time Travellers Wife with my missus when she came to stay last weekend eight years later.

 

As Barry says, stick with it mate.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look after yourself now as best you can. 

 

It gets hard after all the treatment is done because emotionally that's when you'll really start to process what's happened and have to deal with things.

 

Keep strong brother. X

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

Oh well, finally had the preliminary scan. It was booked for the wrong time, about 45 minutes late. By Mount Whatsits record so far that wasn't bad I suppose. Got home and crashed out, bloody knackering this is. Fuck knows what a months worth is gonna be like.

It will be worth it brother. My father-in-law came home yesterday, cancer free, but he'd been in hospital for four months, had two major operations and months of chemo, but now he can watch the racing and see his grandkids. 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did Not name our group but I am taking part in the Macmillan Mighty Hike walking 26 miles from Callander to Killin in Perthshire on Saturday 3 September to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.

Any donations would be much appreciated

 

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/sheila-mackie4?

 

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @YorkshireRed for your donation. The page was started when we first entered the event and I hadn’t done anything about fundraising until today, so thanks so much

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Champ said:

I did Not name our group but I am taking part in the Macmillan Mighty Hike walking 26 miles from Callander to Killin in Perthshire on Saturday 3 September to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.

Any donations would be much appreciated

 

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/sheila-mackie4?

 

 

 


On our way home from the commonwealth games. 
 

Will sort a donation out for you tomorrow Cath after I’ve slept for 20 hours! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Done nine days out of twenty for radiotherapy now. Knackered not because of the treatment but the travelling.

 

Onwards and upwards. 

That sounds exhausting.

 

I’m sure we’ll look back in years to come (if we’ve not all been fried by then) and think what we put people through in terms of the only treatments available 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

Done nine days out of twenty for radiotherapy now. Knackered not because of the treatment but the travelling.

 

Onwards and upwards. 

We're all with you mate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, KMD7 said:

You're welcome Cath. Mind those feet like!

My feet were shredded when I did the Moonwalk a few years back. Magic Sponge, late of these parts, recommended Flexitol. I’m hoping that and a decent pair of walking shoes will see me right

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And thank you to Anonymous (2) and Anonymous (3). I’m assuming it’s people on here as it would be a bit odd for my Friends and Family not to out themselves.

 

We’ve done a few practice walks but we’ve not done anything further than about 13 miles so far.  Now I’m writing that I’m thinking I really need to do a couple of long ones before the big event.

 

That said, my biggest fear is having to share a room the night before with someone I’ve not even met yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/07/2022 at 19:06, tokyojoe said:

Done nine days out of twenty for radiotherapy now. Knackered not because of the treatment but the travelling.

 

Onwards and upwards. 

Keep going. Nearly half way. You’re going to knock this out of the park. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Keep going. Nearly half way. You’re going to knock this out of the park. 

50% done today. Still knackered mind!

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Champ said:

And thank you to Anonymous (2) and Anonymous (3). I’m assuming it’s people on here as it would be a bit odd for my Friends and Family not to out themselves.

 

We’ve done a few practice walks but we’ve not done anything further than about 13 miles so far.  Now I’m writing that I’m thinking I really need to do a couple of long ones before the big event.

 

That said, my biggest fear is having to share a room the night before with someone I’ve not even met yet

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

50% done today. Still knackered mind!

We're all with you Dave.  Clearly not suffering like you, but you know what I mean.  There's no way a bolshy old cunt like you isn't going to see this off.  I'm sending you positive thoughts as I type. xx

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×