You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

53 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Oh fuckety, fuckety fuck. Just had results and I do have prostrate cancer. It's in the early stages but I need more tests to make sure it hasn't spread elsewhere. They don't think so but some bone check I've got in a fortnight will reveal more.

Does seem I was a bit lucky in having a non related blood test. Fucking pain in the arse. It may well result in a daily trip to Mount Vernon Hospital on a daily basis for hopefully not too long, which is a sod to get to. 

All the fault of der meerdering redshite.

On hang on a minute.....

It's the early stages, at least. Fingers crossed for the tests, mate. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tokyojoe said:

Oh fuckety, fuckety fuck. Just had results and I do have prostrate cancer. It's in the early stages but I need more tests to make sure it hasn't spread elsewhere. They don't think so but some bone check I've got in a fortnight will reveal more.

Does seem I was a bit lucky in having a non related blood test. Fucking pain in the arse. It may well result in a daily trip to Mount Vernon Hospital on a daily basis for hopefully not too long, which is a sod to get to. 

On hang on a minute.....

Shit news fella, fingers crossed they've got it early without spread and you get treated without any issues.

Cunt disease, every diagnosis of it just pisses me off!

• Upvote 1

On hang on a minute.....

Best wishes for you, mate.

• Upvote 1

On hang on a minute.....

Feel for you mate. That’s tough. I’m in the middle of being tested because my pSA score has doubled to 6 within a year and the fucker is growing in size. 

Really hope it all goes well for you. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Feel for you mate. That’s tough. I’m in the middle of being tested because my pSA score has doubled to 6 within a year and the fucker is growing in size. 

At least you're getting yourself checked out, fingers crossed all is benign mate.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Sorry to hear that mate, I know this won't make much difference at the moment but it is one of the cancers that are the most survivable and I know a few fellas who've had it and are fighting fit again. It's good that you've caught it early. 

Yep this. Her Dad got it a couple of years back and is absolutely fine now. It really is extremely curable. 

2 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

On hang on a minute.....

Sorry to hear this and best of luck fighting it off. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

On hang on a minute.....

Fingers crossed for you mate. I think a spread is fairly uncommon from the prostate so keep your chin up. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A mate of mine who was my best man when I got married has just had the worst possible news the bastard C he thought he had beaten about 18 months ago has returned and this time its inoperable he's due to have Chemotherapy to give him a bit more time it's a real twat of a disease I'd wish it would all fuck off now .

Good luck @tokyojoe keep fighting lad 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

A mate of mine who was my best man when I got married has just had the worst possible news the bastard C he thought he had beaten about 18 months ago has returned and this time its inoperable he's due to have Chemotherapy to give him a bit more time it's a real twat of a disease I'd wish it would all fuck off now .

Good luck @tokyojoe keep fighting lad 

Fuck sake, sorry to hear that mate

4 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Best wishes for you mate.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

On hang on a minute.....

Fight the fuckin fucka.

Best wishes and stay strong.

FUCK U CANCER.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mums husband has now had 3 lots of surgery and has started his 12 months Immunotherapy. Fortunately bar feeling constantly tired he’s had no other side effects. 

Mum had the same rare, aggressive type of skin cancer as Gra 13 years ago and had been clear for 8 years. 

I had to take mum for her biopsy results this week as there were concerns about moles on her arm and back. 

Monday we were told she has cancer in her arm and on her back. Yesterday we were told they want her in for surgery ASAP and she got the call today she’s going in for surgery Monday morning. 

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Mums husband has now had 3 lots of surgery and has started his 12 months Immunotherapy. Fortunately bar feeling constantly tired he’s had no other side effects. 

Mum had the same rare, aggressive type of skin cancer as Gra 13 years ago and had been clear for 8 years. 

I had to take mum for her biopsy results this week as there were concerns about moles on her arm and back. 

Monday we were told she has cancer in her arm and on her back. Yesterday we were told they want her in for surgery ASAP and she got the call today she’s going in for surgery Monday morning. 

Fucks sake. At least it's been spotted and they're acting quickly.

My thoughts and best wishes for you all mate.