You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

9 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

Shit pal, that's awful. My thoughts really go out to you all. It makes you wonder how people are able to cope.

I feel a total cunt for how Joe and I treated him when he and me mam first got together. 

Mum used to moan dad was sport obsessed and drank too much, Gra was the exact opposite and Joe and I had nothing in common with him. 

He’s still a boring bastard but he treats her brilliantly, is a genuinely decent bloke and we get so much less grief off her since she’s been with him. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a routine blood test recently and had to have a basic prostate test. They detected a tiny bit of blood in my urine but the doctor says the chance of me having cancer are about 3% tops.

However, this afternoon I have the pleasure of a (looks at leaflet) a Transperineal Prostate Biopsy which seems to involve sitting with my feet in the air (like some away grounds) and having something the size of a JCB shoved up my rectum under local anesthetic.

Things I do for this forum.

• Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

I had a routine blood test recently and had to have a basic prostate test. They detected a tiny bit of blood in my urine but the doctor says the chance of me having cancer are about 3% tops.

However, this afternoon I have the pleasure of a (looks at leaflet) a Transperineal Prostate Biopsy which seems to involve sitting with my feet in the air (like some away grounds) and having something the size of a JCB shoved up my rectum under local anesthetic.

Good luck mate. Fingers crossed for you.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Pics or GTFO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Best wishes Dave. 

37 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Look after yourself mate. Warmest wishes.

1 hour ago, tokyojoe said:

Braver man than me. Have a mate who does lots of regular road shows for the Prostrate Cancer Awareness. He keeps telling me to get tested but I had an NHS MOT recently that was all good and to be honest, having a finger the size of a sledgehammer shaft shoved up me arse doesnt appeal.

1 hour ago, tokyojoe said:

Index fingers crossed for you mate.

2 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

I bet you asked for 2 when you heard what it was you fucking deviant.

All the best mate, fingers crossed for a positive outcome (which will be a negative outcome, I think)!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

87052B5D-FD84-4FEA-A14F-F97B917E57CE.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Oh fuckety, fuckety fuck. Just had results and I do have prostrate cancer. It's in the early stages but I need more tests to make sure it hasn't spread elsewhere. They don't think so but some bone check I've got in a fortnight will reveal more.

Does seem I was a bit lucky in having a non related blood test. Fucking pain in the arse. It may well result in a daily trip to Mount Vernon Hospital on a daily basis for hopefully not too long, which is a sod to get to. 

All the fault of der meerdering redshite.

On hang on a minute.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 15

3 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Oh fuckety, fuckety fuck. Just had results and I do have prostrate cancer. It's in the early stages but I need more tests to make sure it hasn't spread elsewhere. They don't think so but some bone check I've got in a fortnight will reveal more.

Does seem I was a bit lucky in having a non related blood test. Fucking pain in the arse. It may well result in a daily trip to Mount Vernon Hospital on a daily basis for hopefully not too long, which is a sod to get to. 

On hang on a minute.....

oh fuck - I'm so sorry to hear this Dave.   What a cunt (not you).  Hopefully they've caught it early and can fuck it off before it does any more damage elsewhere.  Stay strong mate - I and everyone else on here will be rooting for you, sending positive thoughts and possibly beer vouchers.  I look forward to standing astride a bridge with you before too long xx.

• Upvote 3

On 22/02/2022 at 14:21, dockers_strike said:

Braver man than me. Have a mate who does lots of regular road shows for the Prostrate Cancer Awareness. He keeps telling me to get tested but I had an NHS MOT recently that was all good and to be honest, having a finger the size of a sledgehammer shaft shoved up me arse doesnt appeal.

you don't know what you're missing.  Go and have it done you big Jessy.

17 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

On hang on a minute.....

Bloody hell mate sorry to hear this. Sending you all the best wishes on the world x 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

On hang on a minute.....

Ah Mate, shit news, but it's been caught early and that's good. You're probably thinking all sorts and I know it's easy to say but try not to worry, it won't do you any favours.

Positivity is all important.

In my thoughts Mate.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

On hang on a minute.....

Fuck’s sake. I’m genuinely sorry it didn’t prove to be something less serious. I hope you make a full recovery.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

On hang on a minute.....

Sorry to hear that mate, I know this won't make much difference at the moment but it is one of the cancers that are the most survivable and I know a few fellas who've had it and are fighting fit again. It's good that you've caught it early. 

• Upvote 1

A mate of mine died a couple of weeks back.  Brain tumour.  Diagnosed the week after Christmas and never told a soul bar his immediate family.  I won't pretend we were close, but this one's hit me hard mainly because we were a similar age (he was 42) and it's always been someone who's a lot older than me that's succumbed to it.

We played football together when we were younger for Southport FC youth, and he was head and shoulders above anyone in our team.  Always shocked he never made it, phenomenal player who made the game look a piece of piss and better than some other lads in the team who had careers in the pro game.  We were rivals for our 6th form teams on a Saturday and team mates on a Sunday.  Proper nice fella, too.  Even in the last 20 years or so we would never arrange to go out together because he had his mates and I had mine, but if we spotted each other out we'd say hello, have a gab and wish each other luck.  I used to piss myself at his Facebook status' and always leave a comment taking the mick out him when he was pulling on a football shirt still determined to show lads half his age how good he was.  First I heard of it was someone posting his picture with RIP underneath it.  Two young kids without a dad.  Just horrible.

It's his funeral on Friday and it wouldn't surprise me if the church is packed out with hundreds outside.

• Upvote 5

38 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

On hang on a minute.....

Only just seen this one, Joe.  I posted my post when I was reading another page and didn't see this until it took me to the last page.  Glad they've got it in the early stage, you're in good hands no doubt.

Take care, la.  You've got this.

• Upvote 1