Cancer

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I’m a Saint.

I don't doubt it. Just fucking with you 

angel-saint.gif

2 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Another step forward mate. Good news.

This. 100% this. 

It’s far too easy to get swamped by everything and it drag you down further. 

Celebrate each step forward even if it only appears tiny as it’ll massively help both your mental health and resolve for each of you. 

• Like 1

Wow!

A new cancer treatment can wipe out tumours in terminally ill head and neck cancer patients, scientists have discovered.

In a landmark trial, a cocktail of immunotherapy medications harnessed patients’ immune systems to kill their own cancer cells and prompted “a positive trend in survival”, according to researchers at the Institute of Cancer Research (ICR), London, and the Royal Marsden NHS foundation trust.

One patient, who was expected to die four years ago, told the Guardian of the “amazing” moment nurses called him weeks after he joined the study to say his tumour had “completely disappeared”. The 77-year-old grandfather is now cancer-free and spent last week on a cruise with his wife.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Wow!

A new cancer treatment can wipe out tumours in terminally ill head and neck cancer patients, scientists have discovered.

In a landmark trial, a cocktail of immunotherapy medications harnessed patients’ immune systems to kill their own cancer cells and prompted “a positive trend in survival”, according to researchers at the Institute of Cancer Research (ICR), London, and the Royal Marsden NHS foundation trust.

One patient, who was expected to die four years ago, told the Guardian of the “amazing” moment nurses called him weeks after he joined the study to say his tumour had “completely disappeared”. The 77-year-old grandfather is now cancer-free and spent last week on a cruise with his wife.

I think that new treatments like you mentioned are more vital than ever now, given how poor the screening (and treatment for that matter) has become since the NHS reaction to Covid. Cheers, Section, that's very welcome news.

• Upvote 1

On 23/09/2021 at 13:54, tokyojoe said:

Her Indoor's great niece is 18 today. She's had a growth on her neck recently and this morning she had a blood test and tomorrow it's the biopsy. Cracking lass she is so everyone's bricking it. Should have the results next week.

Fingers and everything crossed.

Results took longer than expected but she's gonna be fine!

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

My Mrs had her catheter out last Thursday after 15 months. Best trip to Manchester ever.

Great stuff mate, how is she getting on? 

• Upvote 1

My Mrs had her catheter out last Thursday after 15 months. Best trip to Manchester ever.

That's brilliant mate. Brilliant.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Great stuff mate, how is she getting on? 

She is ok going to start working from home again soon, she misses work her mind is on standby haha. Thanks for all the well wishes people.

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

My cousins lad passed yesterday after a three year battle with different forms of Leukemia he was 21. Brave brave lad and a good red. 

Sorry to hear that mate. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

My cousins lad passed yesterday after a three year battle with different forms of Leukemia he was 21. Brave brave lad and a good red. 

Sad news mate. People always say 'no age' when someone passes, but 21 really isn't.

• Upvote 1

Terrible news that mate. No age at all. Many condolences.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Lad I used go school with had a stroke a few weeks ago. Turns out its a brain tumour so he went in for surgery last week. Then after that chemo and radiation he said. He's only 41 

Poor sod. 

12 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Lad I used go school with had a stroke a few weeks ago. Turns out its a brain tumour so he went in for surgery last week. Then after that chemo and radiation he said. He's only 41 

Sorry to hear that.

There's a girl in Skem who's parents took her to hospital with stomach pains on the 4th of October.

She was diagnosed as having a very aggressive cancer, so aggressive that the Dr's made the decision not to treat her with Chemo.

She died on November 1st aged just 11.

Heartbreaking. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Shit. You nevr know what may be lurking.

5 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

There's a girl in Skem who's parents took her to hospital with stomach pains on the 4th of October.

She was diagnosed as having a very aggressive cancer, so aggressive that the Dr's made the decision not to treat her with Chemo.

She died on November 1st aged just 11.

Heartbreaking. 

All the stupid bloody things I've done in my life but I'm still here. Maybe I'm just lucky. Poor kid.

Next door neighbour died of a heart attack other year. His Mrs died of cancer and he hit the ale hard and died within 5 years of her

Just found out her daughter passed away yesterday at 35 from kidney cancer,  single mum to two kids under 12. Awful shit

On 27/10/2021 at 14:49, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Out of rep brother but absolutely made up for you both.

• Upvote 1