You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

My aunty recently got the all clear, I was worried she wouldn't get her op due to Covid as hers was discovered around February, but they've got it all and she's doing well. Her daughter had it a few years back when she was only 35 and she's better now too. 

There's a lot of tragedy out there, it's heartbreaking, but it's good that so many people do recover now. I personally know at least a dozen or so people of all ages, ranging from early 20s to late 60s, who've had it and only one has sadly lost the battle after a few years, the rest all fully recovered. 

I think outcomes have improved a lot in recent decades. I remember in the 80s nobody we knew who got cancer seemed to get better, I used to hate the word 'Clatterbridge' because people seemed to go there and not come back. 

Yes lot of sad stories but my best mates dad beat bowel cancer,  fella who owns my gym beat cancer as well, another fella from gym beat it.

Who’s up for a virtual Macmillan fundraising Coffee Morning on Friday 25 September?

I’m sure most of you are aware of the work of Macmillan nurses who support people with cancer in their own homes and this annual fundraising event. Having received an email today about this year’s event got me thinking if there might be any interest in doing something on here and whether this might be a way of showing support for Stig, VD and his wife, mattyq and others whose story we don’t know.

I’m just thinking aloud here but if there’s any interest I’m happy to co-ordinate. What do you say?

• 1 month later...

Update re my partner. She is doing well and eating for Liverpool. They found a cancerous lump on her breast a few weeks ago and she is taking tablets to shrink it and then it will be removed. She is awaiting a procedure to assess her bladder damage in the Spire in November, then an op hopefully soon after. She has gone through the ringer. Told her about all the well wishers on here and she was made-up. Your support means the world to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 19

7 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Update re my partner. She is doing well and eating for Liverpool. They found a cancerous lump on her breast a few weeks ago and she is taking tablets to shrink it and then it will be removed. She is awaiting a procedure to assess her bladder damage in the Spire in November, then an op hopefully soon after. She has gone through the ringer. Told her about all the well wishers on here and she was made-up. Your support means the world to me.

Glad she’s doing well and eating etc. Is she on any steroids ? Finger crossed for November bro

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Thanks mate. She is taking one letrozole a day. 

Aah ok. Wasn’t sure if she might have been on something steroid based. My mums appetite was unreal when she was on them. She’d never had a bit appetite all her life but she was non stop eating on them. 

29 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Fingers crossed everything goes well. 

My hopes and best wishes to you both.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

She sounds like she's having a real tough time. At least the docs seem to have it all under control. And eating is great as I'm sure the hozzie are saying, they just want you to pile those calories in. Made up for you both it seems more positive. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

She sounds like she's having a real tough time. At least the docs seem to have it all under control. And eating is great as I'm sure the hozzie are saying, they just want you to pile those calories in. Made up for you both it seems more positive. 

Thanks mate. She still has her catheter in but she is use to it now. We call her Polly Pissy Pants.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Glad she is doing well; fingers crossed for the future mate

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Always here. Love and best wishes to you both, VD

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Just tell her the biggest bunch of cunts on the planet(Champ isn't a cunt though) are on her side.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...