You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

59 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Burying me mum today. Cant believe how quick this has all happened. I've held it together so much for the most part but I've already burst into tears in the shower thinking about what I need to say to people all day about her. Fuck this horrible disease right in the bastard. 

Carrying her in to her favourite song. I've had it on twice already to try and make sure I don't cry when we carry her in. 

Todays gonna hit hard I can tell. 

We’ll all be with you mister x

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

did you get the missus home? 

Not yet mate she had another drain removed today and had a scan on her bladder, no results yet but they seem to think it may still have a small leak. She could be out tomorrow minus the catheter but I have heard it before. Thanks for asking mate.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Burying me mum today. Cant believe how quick this has all happened. I've held it together so much for the most part but I've already burst into tears in the shower thinking about what I need to say to people all day about her. Fuck this horrible disease right in the bastard. 

Carrying her in to her favourite song. I've had it on twice already to try and make sure I don't cry when we carry her in. 

Todays gonna hit hard I can tell. 

Thoughts are with you pal...take care of yourself

8 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Not yet mate she had another drain removed today and had a scan on her bladder, no results yet but they seem to think it may still have a small leak. She could be out tomorrow minus the catheter but I have heard it before. Thanks for asking mate.

what a nightmare. how do they fix that, is that another op? 

11 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I wasn’t sure about asking. No news doesn’t always mean good news. What a slog for you both

8 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

She came home early evening yesterday, struggling to eat or drink. Just glad to have her back.

That's good news about her coming home.

Hopefully now she's in her own space things will improve for her and maybe take a bit of pressure off you.

spoil her rotten!.

• Upvote 1

A mate has lost his daughter on Thursday to cancer, she was 38. He's a big red,he's nicknamed grobbelaar because in the 80s he looked like Bruce. Very sad.

On a brighter note my mate did a fundraiser for meningitis reserarch in memory of his sister. This was a charity close to her. Ran 4 miles every 4 hours for 36 hours ( including during the night) raised £1500 quid and finished this morning.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

My aunty recently got the all clear, I was worried she wouldn't get her op due to Covid as hers was discovered around February, but they've got it all and she's doing well. Her daughter had it a few years back when she was only 35 and she's better now too. 

There's a lot of tragedy out there, it's heartbreaking, but it's good that so many people do recover now. I personally know at least a dozen or so people of all ages, ranging from early 20s to late 60s, who've had it and only one has sadly lost the battle after a few years, the rest all fully recovered. 

I think outcomes have improved a lot in recent decades. I remember in the 80s nobody we knew who got cancer seemed to get better, I used to hate the word 'Clatterbridge' because people seemed to go there and not come back. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, littletedwest said:

A mate has lost his daughter on Thursday to cancer, she was 38. He's a big red,he's nicknamed grobbelaar because in the 80s he looked like Bruce. Very sad.

On a brighter note my mate did a fundraiser for meningitis reserarch in memory of his sister. This was a charity close to her. Ran 4 miles every 4 hours for 36 hours ( including during the night) raised £1500 quid and finished this morning.

Just checked it was 48 hours not 36, that's a fair challenge to pick